I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

Go Horsey!

Harry and I were at Tanner and Ky’s house today and we were going to do the baby nursery. I was kind of bummed though because Addy was afraid of Harry! I mean Harry’s a total sweetheart and Addy took to me right away and I was a stranger, I wonder why she’s afraid of Harry? Hopefully she’ll feel comfortable around him soon.

In the meanwhile, Ky, Addy and I started painting while Tanner and Harry put the furniture together downstairs. Kylee was busy painting one white wall and I was working on another when I got an idea.

“Addy,” I whispered. “Come here.”

She came over and I told her to be real quiet and she nodded her head. We dipped our hands in the paint and made our handprints all over the wall then wrote our names. Our giggles gave us away though and Ky turned around and saw us.

”Kirsten!” She yelled, trying to be serious but she was having trouble holding in her laughs. “Why did you do that?”

“Cause it’s fun,” I smiled.

“Do you really think that was a good idea?” Ky asked.

“Yep,” Addy and I simultaneously grinned before I said, “Alright Addy, let’s go wash our hands in the kitchen.”

As we were going downstairs, Addy slipped her painty hand into mine and I smiled down at her and Ky followed us down. We passed the boys and headed into the kitchen to wash our hands. Ky helped Addy and when they were done, I was going to but I stopped.

“What are you going to do?” Kylee asked.

I just sent her a mischievous smile before the three of us headed into the living room. I walked over to Tanner and Harry and held my hands behind my back.

“Harry,” I started.

He looked up at me and I pressed my hands on his grey v neck shirt. Now he had two yellow handprints, causing all of us to laugh except for Addy.

“You….” Harry trailed off while looking at the handprints, ”Are in so much trouble!”

I let out a scream before taking off and started running around the room. He chased me, causing me to let out a bunch of screams and laughs but eventually he caught me and tossed me over his shoulder.

“Naughty naughty girl!” He hysterically laughed while smacking my butt lightly.

Once he put me down and we had controlled our laughs, I looked over to see Addy all curled up in Tanner’s lap while Ky stroked her hair. Harry and I shared a look before going over.

“Addy, sweetie what’s wrong?” I asked while rubbing her back.

“She’s still afraid of Harry,” Tanner softly said.

“She thought that he was going to hurt you a minute ago,” Ky added.

“Addy,” I softly said. “Addy, come here.”

She slowly lifted her head up and crawled over to my lap. Addy latched onto me and she wouldn’t even look in Harry’s direction.

“Sweetie, Harry wasn’t hurting me, we were just playing. The two of us play like that a lot,” I told her. “Why are you afraid of him.”

“He’s big and scary,” Her little voice mumbled.

“Harry is just tall and he’s muscular but he’s not scary, I promise,” I smiled.

She slowly lifted her head up and took a quick glance at Harry but once she made eye contact with him, she whipped her head back. Harry came over and sat on the ground next to me and softly said Addy’s name.

“Addy, I can walk around on my hands and knees to make myself shorter,” he smiled while started to go around us like that. She looked at him and let out a little giggle.

“And his muscles are good for pushing swings and giving good piggy back rides,” I told her.

“Addy, come get on the horsey,” Harry said while crawling over.

She looked over at her dad and Tanner sent her a smile as if to tell her to go so she did. Addy climbed up on his back and he started going around the room. Harry started neighing and that would make Addy giggle like crazy. Harry’s going to be such a good daddy one day. I even saw Ky smiling at this!

“Go horsey!” Addy shouted while holding onto his shirt and bouncing up and down.

Harry let out a big neigh before going faster and bounced around. Addy’s little giggles poured out and soon she was having trouble sitting up so she laid down on his back and held on as he gave her a ride.

It was so cute watching those two, I can only imagine how adorable Harry would be with his own little kids. It makes me think a lot about the future though and for the first time, I really started thinking about marriage and having my own family I blame me just getting over my quarter life crisis. That’ll come one day and hopefully with the perfect guy for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg! me too!!!! but not the pink ones, ew. i love the green and yellow ones the best!

Kirstie and Harry

comments?