Creature Of The Night

Chapter 2, Painless.

Later on the day when Daniel got home, he went into his bedroom. He turned on his stereo, blasting through the house; Green Day began to play. He lay down on his un-made bed staring aimlessly at the ceiling. “Hmmm…” He kept thinking about how he defended himself against Lewis, he’d never done that before; he’d always just cower away letting Lewis just do his worse. Knocking lightly on his bedroom door his mom stood there awaiting a reply for him to allow her to enter. “Daniel?” She said loudly. “What mom?” Daniel paused for a second forgetting everything around him, and then sitting up on his bed he leaned over to his stereo. Pressing the pause button so he could hear his mom clearly. “Have you done you’re homework?” She yelled loudly, He got up off his bed walking over to his door, shuffling his feet on the floor as he walked to his door. He yawned moving his hand towards the handle of the door, twisting the handle the door opened slightly, just enough so he could see his mom. “Yeah…” He mumbled the words. His mom looked at him seriously, giving him a piercing stare. “Daniel… your failing math and science, just finish you’re homework… Please?” Her voice softened her gaze moved onto my stereo as she looked pasted me. “And turn that off… It’s not helping you finish you’re homework” She began to raise her voice; Daniel sensed she was getting angry, so he slowly closed his door. “Ok… Ok… Ok… You don’t have to tell me all of the time…” He looked around his un-tidy bedroom, searching for his school bag. He kneeled down in the middle of his bedroom, reaching over to his bag, and then clutching it in his hands as he dragged it over to him. He rummaged through his bag trying to find his few sheets of homework his teacher had set him. Sliding out three sheets of paper he sighed looking over to his stereo, wishing he could just laze around listening to music all day. Then a sudden pain struck his head, a sharp stabbing pain. He gripped the pieces of paper firmly, ripping them slightly.

The pain continued to bother him most of the evening, it got to 8pm and he couldn’t stand it any longer. “Arghhh…” He went downstairs searching through a kitchen cabinet looking for painkillers of some sort. He found some form of painkiller, although he wasn’t too sure if they were or not. He poured a glass of water then he took two tablets, swallowing them quickly. “Daniel, are you alright love?” Said his mom worryingly. Daniel walked past the living room, where his mom was. He didn’t say anything until his got to the top step of the stairs. “Y…Yeah I’m fine.” He stuttered whilst he walked towards his bedroom door.

That night Daniel began to feel worse, the pains in his head getting more intense, as if he was being stabbed. He lay in his bed trying to get some sleep, the clock in his room was the only noise heard. “Tick, tick, tick, tick.” In the middle of the night he got up, not knowing what he was actually doing, it was like he was sleepwalking. His eye’s wide open. He wandered downstairs and into his kitchen, he fell over hitting his head on the floor. “Thud” Daniel lay there out cold, his arms stretched, his legs stretched, and his teeth became elongated; sticking out of his mouth slightly. Daniels body was changing… But into what…

Waking up Daniel tried to stand upright but his body wouldn’t allow him too, he looked at his hands, they weren’t hands… they were claws; he staggered over to the kitchen door. As he got a few feet away he burst through the door, wood breaking, he walked on all fours. A small whining noise came from his wolf like mouth. He ran to the back of his garden then jumping over the fence. Daniel ran off into the night… howling…

Car alarms kept going off and there were lots of dogs barking all through the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really didn't know what to do for this chapter, considering I was being told... to write it... quickly.