Love. Plain and Simple... or Not?

School... More like Hell

"Mary, get up. Time for school!" I heard my fathers voice yelling up the stairs at me. I rolled over onto my side and looked at the clock.

5:45. Fuck I really hated school. I had to wake up early and sit through that hellhole every day and to what reward? I was a social outcast. Nobody ever understood who I am and who I would be if they hadn't made me this way.

I was in my senior year and I still hated 99% of the people at my school. I hated that I went to a private school where my best friends didn't go. But whatever. I stopped caring.

"MARY!!!" I heard my dad shout again and heard the bottom stair creak with the weight of somebody stepping up onto them.

"Coming!" I yelled in responce and quickly pulled out a pair of sweats and a pink shirt that was not in dress code. I ran down the stairs and almost knocked my dad over. He should know better though. These are my stairs. Only my room in the tower was connected to them, so I didn't let other people go up them.

My room was my sanctuary. It's where I go when I'm depressed, which is a lot of the time nowadays. I try everything to cheer me up buyt nothing seems to work.

It's thoughts like this that run through my head as I eat an apple for breakfast and go back upstairs to shower and do my hair. I pulled on a pair of skinny dark wash jeans and a black shirt that tied around my waist. It was my favorite outfit, even if it just made me fit in with peoples comments even more.

I stopped caring about what people thought about me a long time ago. I just could not care less about how people viewed me in life. I was me and I have a great group of friends. Too bad none of them went to my school.

"Hurry up Mary. You're going to be late," my dad called, rushing out the door so he scould get to work on time, tossing me the spare cars keys on the way. I caught them in a way that showed of my softball skills. I was actually good at the sport, I just hated how nasty people were about it, so I choose not to play.

I took one more look in the mirror and then walked outside to wear the midnight blue truck was waiting for me. I got in the drivers seat and took off, leaving home just on time.

I walked into school just as the bell rang and rushed to my first class, not bothering to stop by my locker. I normally ran late so I always carried all my stuff with me. Classes sucked, like always. I heard the comments they said about me, trying to be descreet about it but failing miserably.

"Emo girl. Metal head." They judged me harshly but I just blocked them out of my head like usual. I didn't care. They were not who I was trying to impress. The one person who truely understood me was one of the people that loved me more this way.

His name was Danny, and he was my best friend.

He knew me better than anyone else, sometimes even better than myself. Without him I would be insane right now. Without him, my whole life would be different.

I hadn't known him very long, but I already considered him my brother. He knew everything about me, and I loved him.

I was also really close with his girlfriend. We were really good friends, even though we hadn't been when he first introduced us. Back then I felt like a third wheel, but now I could hang out with them seprately or together in a group and it wasn't akward.

Atleast, not at first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just getting started. It'll get better I promise.
Tell me what you guys think <3