Love. Plain and Simple... or Not?

Happiness

Danny and I had started dating after the day I found his letter. We were happily in love and nothing could break us apart. We did almost everything together. Danny wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend, my protector, my everything.

"Danny can I ask you something?" It was a warm spring day and also Danny and my fourth month anniversary. We were lying in the grass at the park, facing each other. His face showed concern when he looked at my serious face, which was normally alight with laughter and smiles.

"Anything babe." He reached out and grabbed my hand and I sat up, causing him to follow suit. We sat next to each other in silence, my head leaning on his shoulder and his arm around me.

"Why do you love me?" I asked asked. My eyes were wide as I looked into Danny's wonderful shining eyes.

"Because you're you and you're perfect to me." He sounded completely serious and I didn't get it. Why would anyone like me, especially someone as amazing as him?

He didn't respond after that but instead wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his lap. He knew that I love when I guy does that, but even that wouldn't make me smile. When he saw that I still wasn't happy, he kissed the top of my head, and I giggled.

He was the perfect boyfriend. I didn't deserve him.

"I love you," he whispered, his lips pressed to my ear. I giggled as the air from his voice tickled. I turned around in his lap, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

When we broke apart we were both gasping, smiles on our faces..

"Happy yet?" he asked. A frown creased in his brow when he say the smile in my face fade.

"Any minute I'm with you I'm happy." A grin formed on his face as I laughed. We spent the rest of the day with me in his lap, and I felt safe wrapped in his arms, talking about everything. I could only be happy when I was with him or one of my best friends. I couldn't be alone.

He knew that and he understood everything that I'd ever told him. He understood I loved him more than my life. He was my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 comments?