Status: Completed.

Complicated.

Not after everything.

“CAINE!” came the booming thundering voice that made my body shiver with fear and anticipation.

They’re already back!

They’re not supposed to be here until later. Abe and I was still planning an escape, well more me than him, I was telling him that we could just go before they came back but he was so determined to face them and ask for my freedom. I knew it was a lost battle, we will never get their approval so a blessing would be a miracle.

But Abe, the hopeless romantic that he is never faltered and keep telling me that we need to tell our parents and of course he won me over, as always. He said that no matter what he’d still take me anyway.

Though he’s stubborn and his decisions are iron clad, he’s secretly a softie though I’m the only one who ever saw that side of him. All the things that he’d done for me was enough to make my heart throb, I know that whatever lies ahead we’ll face it head on. I could face anything as long as we’re together.

I know that my parents knew he’s here. After all he’s still using that battered car of his. So without further suspension we made our way down the living room where I knew my parents would be. He clasped my hand in his in a gentle but strong grip, letting me know that he’s here and won’t leave me alone to face their wrath.

My parents’ face were scrunched up in an ugly scowl, anger was clearly boiling in their blood as my Dad’s face reddened with his fury and my Mom’s was a clear representation of disgust.

Of course, all these were directed to my Abe, my sweet innocent lover, my brother by blood, consequences be damned.

“What is that heathen doing in my house?!” My Dad’s voice bellowed through the hollow space.

I knew I was trembling and that didn’t help with the situation at all but at least I have Abe with me. I gathered all my courage to speak, fighting back for the first time for the love that I wouldn’t dare lose again.

“Don’t call him that! You have no right, of all people to call him that Dad. You’re his father for Christ sake, why must you be the one to make him feel unwanted? How could you?!”

My father, the bastard that he is just sneered and pointed a dirty finger at Abe,

“Get out!”

He just ignored me and trudged forward, catching the sleeve of Abe’s hoodie and yanking him away from me.

“NO!” I screamed with all my might, pulling Abe away from his grip as Abe was yanking his hand off him.

“Leave you bastard, we don’t want you here!” he spat at him again. My mom with all this mayhem, just watch as it unfolds before her eyes. She didn’t even care that her family was falling apart. At this I knew I couldn’t get any help from her nor does she would. She never did have the strength to stand up against my father.

“We don’t want to be here either!” Abe retorted anger evident in his eyes, hurt and sadness were mirrored in them too, not that I could blame him, not that I would in any way.

“Don’t you bring your brother in your filthy ways Abraham! We didn’t brought him up to be a failure like you. All you brought to this family was shame, get out at once!”

Still, after all they did to us, they still won’t stop with this abuse. I was left speechless but kept my hand on Abe as I stood between him and Dad. I won’t let him lay a finger on Abe, not again.

“Gladly. But don’t expect that I’d leave Caine with you here. Not after everything. The idea alone that you could point a gun and put a bullet on your own blood proves enough that you’d go to any lengths just to get what you want. You can’t hurt Cai or me anymore.”

“You’re not taking him anywhere you good for nothing bastard!” my Dad never faltered with his tirade, it scares me so much that he could just easily say such hateful words to his own son, however they never did treat him one anyway, how sad that may be.

“Try and stop me. You can no longer control him. He’s of the right age and he’s free to do his will. Let him live his life the way he wants it!” Abe manage to pull me by his side as he took one step towards our fuming father.

Our father just looked at him with contempt as he smiled slyly at us it made a shiver ran down my spine, “What? To live a sinful life with you? I would never!” He then turned his gaze at me for the first time that day.

“Don’t you see I’m just saving you from doing any mistakes Caine?” his voice became sickly sweet when he talked to me, a huge contrast when he talks to Abe.

I honestly think there is something seriously wrong with my parents.

I shook my head and looked at him straight in the eyes, “I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life Dad. I’ve regretted doing it but this…” I gripped Abe’s hand tightly and he squeezed back.

“This is not one of them. I don’t see us as a mistake but if you do I’m sorry, but this is a mistake I’d gladly do over and over again and I will never regret it. If there's one thing I regret it's not fighting for us in the first place.”

Abe looked back at me and I could see that I did the right thing. The happiness in his eyes that says he’s proud and glad that for once I stood up for our relationship was enough to put enough courage in me to say the next words that came out of my mouth.

“I love Abe and I’m going with him.”

I thought Dad was already mad but when he heard those words, his eyes widened and the burning fury was glinting in them that I was sure he’s going to kill me. And maybe he did with the next thing that he said with utmost disgust staining his voice. A tone a parent shouldn’t use when talking to their child.

“It’s wrong. You’re wrong.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey! Glad to be back. I hope you weren't waiting for this update too much. Just got hold up in the hospital which sucks big time!

I also wrote a one shot before I actually disappeared I hope you could give it a chance. Pretty please... :3

Didn't You Hear What I Said?

Leave comments and subscribe... I'm on my knees here.. hehe