Status: Completed.

Complicated.

At last.

When we made it back to our living room, Mom and Dad were still in the way we left them. Dad fuming and nose flaring but I knew that he wouldn’t do anything drastic. He’s scared deep down, I just know it. He wouldn’t want people to know what actually happened that night when a shrill scream broke the silence of the night.

We left the house with no backward glance at all. Abe was gripping my hand tightly, it’s as if when he let up even just a little I would be gone and this was all just a dream, with that in mind I crept up my left hand and clung to his arm as we walked up the steps to his battered car.

It was a silent drive apart from the choking revving of the car when we eased out from the driveway of the place I once called home and my prison cell. I took a deep breath, leaned my forehead on the window and watched as familiar buildings and stalls passed by.

Faces of people that were once considered friends and acquaintances gone by and it’s funny how I don’t feel like I’m leaving anything behind. There’s no tugging in my chest, making me feel the pain of abandoning the place where I grew up and made a lot of memories, good and bad, they were all a part of me.

Then I realized that the reason was sitting beside me, driving towards our bright future. I couldn’t help but smile ‘cause yeah, I can live with that. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

After sometime, when I realize that we were out of the state and on the countryside with trees either side of the road, a flock of birds flew by on the horizon. I felt this strange feeling of relief and contentment, this was really happening. The knot on my gut was gone and a surge of freedom flowed through me.

I looked at Abe for the first time and noticed the small smile gracing his lips. I couldn’t stop the giggle that escaped me, I reached out for his hand and brought it back on my lap playing with the band adorning his wrist.

I brought my eyes back up to stare at the beautiful man I love only to catch him grinning as he gazed towards our entwined fingers. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze that made him meet my eyes. The love shining in his striking orbs never faltered and now a noticeable spark glistened in them. I sighed and leaned in to peck his soft lips and rest my head on his shoulders inhaling his sweet scent.

I could not believe it, the dream I’d been wishing was finally happening. The dreadful days of being alone and lonely was coming to an end. I would be with Abe, we would be living together, at last.

I may talk like it’s the easiest thing. Well, it doesn’t have to be complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man, I couldn’t believe that I finally finished a story. Haha.

I started this one because I was having a hard time writing Sew Me Shut, actually I’ve written four stories just to get over my frustration and Complicated was one of them and now it finally ended. I did have plans to pursue this story but I just didn’t have the right frame of mind and the plots I did was failing so better end it now than ruin it completely.

Thank you so much to those who commented and subscribe, to those who visited and read this, to those who offered a small amount of their time, my enormous gratitude to you. I’m giving out cookies and chocolate chip muffins, just say if you want macchiato with that too. : )