Secrets

Un exil, un exil, loin, loin de là

Tick, tick, tick.

Rose could still hear it in her mind, could still feel the bomb in her hand, her legs still throbbed because she had run so fast. She could still hear the explosion, the ringing not leaving her mind for a second and she was a bit worried that she had partially damaged her hearing.

The young woman hadn't even changed as she got to her hotel room. Her tight pants were ripped in various places and dirty while her shirt wasn't even the same color anymore, stained with blood and mud. She was lying on her bed, her eyes closed as she tried to regain her composure, ignoring her rumbling stomach and the scent of croissants that came from the lobby.

That was the one thing that she could never handle, the explosives. Maybe it was because of the noise, but Rose was almost sure it was because that was how her parents had died, bombed by someone from the government because he thought her parents had something to do with terrorists.

From that moment on she had tried to find a way to find and destroy the man that had done that to her parents. She had found a way with the MTI. They were an organization built to spy on the government, discover their plans and if they were doing something incredibly stupid. If they were, the MTI agents tried to stop without wasting any lives. It didn’t always work that way though.

The young woman closed her eyes, breathing deeply to try and relax herself. She didn’t know why but she was on edge that night. The air wasn’t calm enough; her spy senses were in high alert.

Rose got up slowly, jumping off the bed swiftly and crouching. She grabbed her gun, the one that was always in her boot, and loaded it.

She had been looking more into her parent’s murder recently, getting closer to Zachary Kapone, the man that had killed them. Maybe she hadn’t been careful enough, maybe she had left a trace.

This made her frown. She was always very neat and was the best in the MTI, not to be too pompous. Rose was still crouched next to her hotel bed, gun in hand. Who the hell was in, or just outside of her apartment? She slowly made her way to the other side of her bed to the night stand, opening the drawer silently. The young woman carefully drew out her dagger, her teeth digging in her pink lip.

Thankfully, Rose was trained enough that she didn't lose her calm. This was just another person who thought they could sneak up on her; and they would fail miserably just like all of the others.

Her brown hair was thankfully tied back, although strands of it was were still in her eyes, partly covering her sight. There was another movement and this time Rose was certain that it was right outside of the huge window in front of her that if she looked through she would see the Eiffel tower.

Rose didn’t know who this person was, but for now they were her enemy and she was in complete defence mode, her eyebrows knitted together in concentration. She had put the dagger in the sheath strapped to her tigh and her gun was once again in her hand. Once again, the young woman thanked her luck that she had not deigned to remove the silencer.

Suddenly, the glass of the window shattered to the ground, making a loud noise and Rose jumped to her feet at once, knowing that hiding gave her nothing now. They obviously knew where she was if they had decided to act and she was quite ready to defend herself.

Rose didn’t even have time to shoot her gun though because a dark form, clearly male, suddenly jumped on her, sending them both rolling. Her gun was sprawled across the floor and it took her only seconds to recover from her fall and draw the knife out. She didn’t even get the chance to get to her feet though, because the man was suddenly getting up, much too quickly,

Thought and action connected immediately and she didn’t need to think about it before jumping on the man, straddling him. She knocked his gun out of his hand, sending it across the room also. She noticed that he had dark brown hair and a very pale complexion but honestly she couldn’t take the time to inspect him.

“What the fuck are you doing? Who sent you? What do you want?” Rose asked, breathless as she used all of her strength to try and retain the man underneath her, who was struggling. He suddenly stopped moving altogether and she noticed the hint of a smirk on his face.

“I’m from UCB, mon amour.” he replied with a bit of French mixed in the sentence, his accent noticeable, and Rose managed to retain her gasp. Her dagger rested on his neck, but she didn’t press down. She didn’t know why though, usually she would’ve just ended it there, no questions asked. But not this time and it confused her.

The man that had bombed her parents had a part in the UCB, though, and Rose was almost certain there was some sort of connection.

“What’s your name?” she was a bit more shaky when she asked this question and she immediately hated herself for it. She could not show weakness, she had to retain the image that she was completely in control of the situation and of herself. The man seemed to see right through that, though.

“I’m the son of the man you hate the most. I’m Jeremy Kapone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I decided this isn't going to be a one-shot, aha. xD

Um, I'm not really sure how many more chapters there are going to be but I'll figure it out and let you know. (:

Please let me know what you think? (:

chapter title : Exil - Jeremy Kapone

mon amour means my love, (: