Secrets

Qu'on s'ennira, qu'on s'ennira Loin de là, oui, crois moi

When Rose woke up the next morning, she was quite disoriented. She sighed, opening her eyes fleetingly only to snap them close again when the sun hit her face. The woman suddenly felt someone next to her when their legs touched and she almost jumped out of her skin. She was almost always this paranoid.

Memories of the night before flooded her mind quickly though and she managed to calm her heart rate a bit. She breathed deeply but she now had a small smile plastered on her lips as she remembered more of the night. She honestly had no idea how it had happened but she didn’t mind.

Rose’s heart rate had returned to normal, well that is until she turned her head and looked at the man sleeping next to her which sent her heart in a frenzy once more. He was even more beautiful in the morning light. His lips were slightly parted, his hair spiked up and Rose found herself quite captivated by his bare chest once more.

The young woman felt herself blush, although she knew she had no reason too. She had seen much more of Jeremy’s body last night, but still she felt almost awkward around the man. Maybe it was because he was from another agency that wanted her dead? Or perhaps it was because his father had killed her parents? Rose still knew though, that those things really didn’t matter, or if they did she didn’t care at the moment. He was just something…special. The agent couldn’t quite place her finger on what it was about Jeremy that made her so crazy about him and that she felt absolutely no need to kill him, but there it was.

“I know I’m absolutely captivating but there’s no need to stare, chère.” Jeremy’s lips moved although his eyes remained closed and Rose jumped. She hadn’t realized that he had been awake, which was a definite flaw in her training.

“I-I wasn’t staring.” the woman managed to stutter as Jeremy fluttered his eyes open and sat upright so that he was level to her.

“Don’t worry, I did the same to you when you fell asleep last night.” Rose was left with her mouth hanging when he spoke those words, unsure if she should take that as a compliment or a sign that this man was definitely creepy. She decided to go with the former and kissed Jeremy lightly on the lips.

He placed his hand on the small of her back to support her as she intertwined her fingers in his hair, their lips locked together. When they broke apart, gasping a bit, they both grinned at each other. It felt like they had been together or at least known each other for a long period of time, not just a few hours. It should’ve felt odd, but it just felt like this was supposed to be.

Suddenly, two quick beeping sounds erupted in the room, making the both of them jump. Apparently their secret agent training had absolutely no affect on them that morning.

“That’s my alarm. It means the agency wants me to get back. I have to go.” Jeremy said sourly, glaring at the piece of technology that he held in his hand. Rose bit her lip, not wanting him to leave so soon and having no idea what to say. Were they going to see each other again, or was this just a one night stand? What was his agency going to say about the fact that she wasn’t dead?

“I have to go now, but I would very much like to see you again, mon amour.” he whispered in Rose’s ear, probably having seen the shift of emotion on her face.

“Aren’t you afraid that everyone will find out? We could both get killed for this?” Rose bit her lip, regretting her doubts. If he wanted to see her again, who was she to question it?

“I don’t care. I have to see you again, don’t you understand?” he said huskily, his breath tickling her ear as his lips were only centimeters away. And in some part of her, she knew exactly what he meant. There was this sort of longing inside of her when she thought of him being away.

“I do, but just be careful? We’ll find a way to be together though because if we don’t, I will hunt you down.” Rose said, looking straight in his eyes with a glint of amusement.

“Oh, I have no doubt about that.” Jeremy replied, chuckling a bit before pulling away from her and getting up from the bed. Rose bit her lip as she studied his body, a grin forming. The woman knew she would never get enough of looking at him. She stared as he put on his clothes from last night, a sinking feeling in her stomach. She had a feeling she wouldn’t see him for a while, and that didn’t suit well with her.

“Promise to come see me soon?” she randomly asked and Jeremy turned towards her with a feeling in his eyes that she couldn’t discern. He crossed the few paces to the bed and put both of his hands on her cheeks, pulling her in for a forceful kiss.

It felt wonderful, like fire. She never wanted this moment to end. If she could hit replay for just one moment, this would be it.

Je promet, chère. After all, this is our little secret.” and with that kiss and those last words, he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

This is the end.

I hope it wasn't a total disappointment, aha. x)