‹ Prequel: Safe Ride Home
Status: plotting : )

Now and Forever.

Say hello to a job and the taxes.

"Can you smell that lovely Warped Tour stench already?" Jack skipped slightly in front of us as we walked across the grass yard.

"I can feel that lovely Warped Tour sunshine!" I cheered back and swung Alex and I's hands.

"Give it four days. That will become the awful smell stuck in your nose and the dry heat that's about to make you pass out." Matt pointed out and Zack chuckled with him.

"Where exactly are the buses?" Alex almost groaned. I could tell he was already tired of the heat.

"Not here yet." Matt grinned and this time Alex did groan. "They're showing up somewhere after noon."

"What are we supposed to do in the meantime?"

"Not cause a scene." He pointed at Alex and then at Jack. "Just find some shade to sit in and wait for the buses. I'm going to find some of the stage managers to see how set up we are for the first show."

"Leave us to do business-y stuff then, Matthew." I stuck my tongue out at his back as he half waved our way.

"Shade is a must though. I'm dying already." Rian said his first few words since we'd got off the plane.

"Shouldn't you be leaving us to go find Cassadee?"

"She's not here yet. About half an hour away still."

"I found a tree!" Jack yelled before he took off running toward a little patch of trees. Once he reached them, he attempted to jump up it and sort of climb it. We followed a bit slower behind him.

"This is boring as shit." Zack glanced around the field. There were a few groups of people spread far apart around. I sat down against the tree and pulled Alex with me.

"It's weird not playing a show on the first day of Warped. Isn't it just supposed to start in the city of the first show?"

"Apparently they decided to switch it up this year." I giggled and elbowed Alex. He was for some reason in a mood and I figured the only way to get him out of it was to make him laugh.

"You guys should come up here with me." Jack shouted from above us, to which everyone chuckled.

"Not happening, brother." Alex busted his bubble for all of us.

"I will!" I grinned as I heard Pat screech from behind us. Moments later he was giggling above us as well with Jack. I looked around and found Kennedy and John walking our way as well.

"Oh goodness!" I couldn't contain the excitement that ran through me at the sight of their faces. I let go of Alex to run and jump on Kennedy. "I missed you guys so much."

Kennedy squeezed me tight before setting me down on my feet. "We missed you like crazy too, Dell." John grabbed me and hugged me tight too.

"Everyone sends their love. They thought it was too hot to come out of the bus though." John chuckled as I gasped.

"You guys already have a bus? I thought they weren't here yet to load us up."

"Tim pulled strings and got the bus drivers number for our bus. His names John too and apparently he didn't mind showing up early."

"You tricky mofos playing dirty." I shook my head at them and then turned to go back to my spot with Alex. He was already sitting down under the tree at this point just playing with some strands of grass.

"You know Jared and Garrett are both sensitive to sun." Kennedy chuckled as he sat down with us in the shade.

"Right. That's definitely why they live in Arizona, where it's mostly sunny all the time." I rolled my eyes but laughed with him. "So did you guys bring anyone fun with you on tour?"

"What? We're not enough to entertain you anymore, Delly?" John clutched his chest as he pretended to be offended.

"Well I wasn't going to be so blunt and hurt your feelings." I grinned at him while he glared. Alex chuckled beside me.

"It's just the basics this summer. We've got some cool recording equipment in the back of the bus though so we can try to keep up with writing some new stuff." Kennedy looked almost sad as he answered.

"That's neat." I nodded and leaned against Alex. The heat was honestly already making me tired.

"Tour hasn't even started and you guys look so bored already." Cassadee laughed as she walked toward us. Rian ran up to meet her.

"I thought you were an hour away?"

"I lied so I could surprise you." She beamed and kissed him before they both came closer. "But seriously, you guys are draining my excitement. It's the first day of Warped Tour!"

"It's kind of hot." Zach answered for all of us and shrugged.

"I vote we go back to our bus." Kennedy squinted as he glanced around.

"Second that." Pat hopped down from the tree and raised both his hands.

"But we were having so much fun in our secret club, Pat!" Jack whined and pouted from his branch.

"But I have candy on the bus!" Pat yelled up to the tree and then Jack was on the ground and they were both gone.

"This is going to be fun." Alex sighed as he stood up and then held his hand out to me.

"I'm sure there's alcohol on the bus too. We can start the kick off party early!" John grinned.

"That's something we can do with grace." Rian agreed as he wrapped an arm around Cassadee and started to follow John.

Alex was dragging his feet so we easily fell behind everyone. "If you don't want to socialize, I'm sure we can lock ourselves in the bathroom." I muttered to him and kissed his cheek. He smiled for real and it warmed my insides.

"I like that idea, but I doubt we can get away with it." He kissed the top of my head and threw his arm around my neck. My stomach tripped over and over. This is where I belong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello to anyone still around to read this! I know it has been a long time and I apologize for that. There are no excuses I can give that would make things better. I was simply being a terrible person, one that I hope to reform from. I do want to dedicate this chapter though to a special commenter that gave me the courage to come back. Thank you very much Nanook. You are awesome. I only hope that people enjoy the return of Adele and all the craziness that will ensue with the lovely band boys that circle around her.
xooxEmber.