‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Severus Snape

After the game the group decided to spend sometime talking to Hagrid. "I'm sorry Hagrid but I have to go see Professor Snape so I'll have to come visit you another time" Trinity excused herself as she turned down another hallway. Hagrid nodded watching her walk away from the others. Then the fun began. Harry, Hermione, and Ron decided to bring up the broom incident and try to blame it on Severus Snape. "Nonsense, why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asked looking at the five kids as if seeing them for the first time.
"Who knows, why was he trying to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?" Harry asked looking up at the half giant. "Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid asked. "Fluffy?" Ron asked exasperatedly. "That thing has a name?" Hermione asked. "Well of course he's got a name he's mine." Hagrid said. "The pretty puppy is yours." Lilah asked excitedly. Hagrid nodded, "I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year, then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard thee-" Hagrid said starting to trail off. "Yes" Harry asked hoping for more information. "Shouldn't a said that, NO more questions, don't ask anymore questions, that's top secret that is." Hagrid said scolding the five.
"But Hagrid whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Harry argued. Lilah shook her head. "I don't think it's Snape, I mean he was there at the dinner table when the troll got in so it makes more sense if Quirrel did it to me but who knows it could be anyone." Lilah said looking at the group. They all gave her a long look before getting back on track. "Codswallop, professor Snape is a Hogwart's teacher." Hagrid argued right back. "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one." Hermione said. "I've read all about them, you have to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione said sternly. "Exactly." Harry replied "Well there were others staring up at Harry too." Bree argued for the sake of her eldest sister.
"Now you listen to me all of ya, you're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in." Hagrid said sternly looking at the kids."It's dangerous, what that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." Hagrid stated. "Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked. "I shouldn't have said that." Hagrid mumbled to him self walking off toward his cabin. "Nicholas Flamel? Whose Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked looking at the others. They all shrugged not having even the slightest inkling who he might be. Even Hermione was lost on the subject.
"Wait I have a question?" Ron said as they started to walk back to the Gryffindor common room. "Why do you guys stand up for Snape so much?" He asked looking t at the youngest two Dumbledore sisters. "Well honestly we don't like him much but Trinity does and that's why." Bree answered truthfully. "Why does Trinity stand up for him so much?" Hermione asked. "Well the answer to that is found within the head of a red haired girl who is coming our way." Lilah said pointing to where Trinity was coming up a corridor deep in thought. Trinity looked up just as Lilah finished her sentence. "Oh hello guys, have fun talking to Hagrid?" She asked half heartedly still lost in thought. "Yeah we even learned some more information." Harry said looking at her. "That's great." Trinity said non-committedly turning and hurrying up to the common room.
The others hurried after her wanting to know why she was in such a hurry. "Trinity what's going on?" Lilah asked looking at her sister. "Oh nothing just have to get some stuff and then get to work on some homework I didn't do yet." Trinity said going up the stairs and into the girl's dorm. Lilah followed after her still not convinced. Once they were upstairs and alone in the dorm Trinity turned to Lilah. "Now are you gonna tell me what is going on?" Lilah asked knowing very well when her sister was hiding something from her. Trinity nodded while she rooted through her trunk. "Yes but first, let's have a snack, I am quiet peckish after all the screaming." Trinity said pulling a bag of skittles out of her trunk and throwing them to Lilah. She then pulled out m&m's for herself and the two sat down on Trinity's bed.
"Ok, you know how they think Severus is the one after what the dog is guarding?" She asked. Lilah nodded. "Well I don't think it is Snape, I think it is Quirrel." Trinity said waiting to hear what her sister would say to her about it. "It makes sense I mean he was the one to find the troll, and he was also staring straight at Harry the day of the quidditch game." Lilah said proving how smart she was even if the crazy showed through the majority of the time. "Exactly, and I know why Sev doesn't like Harry and although it is completely unfair to judge people, Severus would never try to kill Harry." Trinity said looking at her sister. "Only one problem." Trinity pointed out. "Why would Quirrel want Harry dead?" Trinity asked. "I don't know, maybe he has a psychopath on the back of his head." Lilah said shrugging. "Yeah I'm sure that's what it is sis, that has to be it." Trinity joked with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really really want to know what you think of the story so far and the characters I have added to the story.