‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Detention

The next night was the night they would be serving detention. "Wait to go Lilah; I was sure Bree would be the first one to get detention out of all of us." Trinity said as her sister was getting ready to head out with Ron, Hermione, and Harry. "Hey." Bree cried indignantly from where she was sitting by the twins. "Honestly Bree? Look who your two best friends are." Trinity said pointing at Fred and George. The twins laughed as the middle child just shrugged and turned back to whatever they were doing. "Well we have to be going." Hermione declared looking at the clock. "Ok you guys have fun now and watch out for spiders." Trinity said with a smirk as Ron paled.
They quickly left after that and made their way down to Mcgonagall's office. "You don't really think we'll have to come into contact with any spiders do you?" Ron asked shaking. "I don't think so but spiders are so cute and furry they are just the cutest things ever, right next to Fluffy." Lilah said happily as they went into the office. There they were met by Filch who was going to be leading them down to wherever they would be having their detention. The old man was as grim as always and didn't even spare them a look when they left the office and made their way out of the castle and down the pathway.
"A pity they let the old punishments go ay." He asked as they walked the path. "Wasn't long ago that detention found you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons." He stated trying to scare them. "That sounds like fun, you could swing around and play and you wouldn't even have to bother holding on." Lilah said while everyone grimaced at the prospect. He was quiet for the rest of the time until he got down to where Hagrid's cabin was. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." He said walking up to where Hagrid had a fire started outside his hut. Fang stood obediently by him staring at the new comers.
"A sorry lot this Hagrid." Filch said looking at Hagrid who heaved a sigh. "Oh good god man you’re not still on about that bloody dragon are ya?" Filch asked looking at him. "Norbert's gone, Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid explained sadly. "Well that's good isn't it, He'll be with his own kind." Hermione stated trying to make the giant feel better. "Yeah but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby after all." Hagrid complained. "Oh for god's sake pull yourself together man, you're going into the forest after all." Filch complained. "Got to have your wits about ya." He stated. "The forest? I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there students aren't allowed and there are werewolves." Draco said looking at Filch.
"Oh there's more then werewolves in those trees lad. You can be sure of that." Filch said turning to Draco. "Nighty-night." He said before walking back up to the castle from whence he came. "Right, let's go." Hagrid said turning towards the forest with his crossbow. They started into the forest and stayed on the path as much as they could considering it was overgrown from years of little use. They all stayed close to Hagrid. Well all of them except Lilah who seemed perfectly content to play in the forest, not scared of anything in there. While they were walking in the forest Hagrid suddenly came to a stop in front of a wild looking bush.
He bent down and stuck his fingers into a small puddle of shining silver. "Hagird, what is that?" Harry asked looking at the silver slime on his fingers. "What were her for." He stated. "See that?" He asked holding up his fingers. "That's unicorn blood that is, I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now this one's been hurt bad by somebody. So it's are job to go and find the poor beast." Hagrid explained to them. "Ron, Hermione, You'll come with me, and Harry, Lilah you'll go with Malfoy." Hagrid stated looking at them. "Ok then I get Fang." Draco said looking at Hagrid. "Alright just so's ya know he's a bloody coward." Hagrid informed looking at the giant dog.
* * * *
"You wait till my father hears about this." Draco complained later on as they were walking through the forest. "This is servants stuff." he said sourly. "If I didn't know better Draco, I would say you were scared." Harry said looking at him as they all walked next to each other. "Scared Potter." He spat before quickly looking around as he heard a howl. Draco then hefted the lantern higher and walked in front, leaving Harry and Lilah alone by themselves. They followed after Draco until they came to a place where the roots cleared away and there was nothing but the soft earth.
They all froze as they saw a hooded figure standing over a very still unicorn. Harry rubbed his forehead as it broke out in pain when the figure looked up at him. Draco screamed and took off with Fang following him. Lilah and Harry looked back to where the hooded figure was slowly approaching them. Floating as if it was nothing but a mere ghost. Harry and Lilah slowly backed up, clinging tightly to each other's hand as they stared at the thing in front of them that now stood as if it were on two feet. The both fell as Harry tripped over a root and backed themself into a dead end.
The two froze knowing there was no escape. Soon a noise sounded and they looked up as a centaur came jumping over them and kicked at the figure. This made the figure flee into the woods from where it came. Harry and Lilah then slowly got to their feet, blushing slightly as they let go of each other's hands. They then turned and walked towards the centaur. "Harry Potter, and Lilah Dumbledore." The creature stated looking at them. "You must leave, you are known to many creatures here, it is dangerous, especially for you two." He stated standing at full height. "But what was that thing that you saved us from." Harry asked.
"A monstrous creature, it is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn." It stated. "Drinking the blood of a unicorn will save you won't it?" Lilah asked. "But at a terrible price, you have slayed something so pure that from the moment the blood touches your lips you will have a half-life so yes it does save you in a way." the centaur stated. "Who would choose such a life?" Harry asked looking up at him. "Can you think of no one?" he asked. "Do you mean to say, that that thing that killed the unicorn and was drinking its blood, that was Voldemort?" He asked. "Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment young ones?" He asked. "The soceror's stone." Lilah breathed.
Harry and Lilah spun around when they heard there names called by Hermione and Ron. "Hello there Firenze." Hagrid said looking at the centaur. "See you've met our young Mister Potter, and the Youngest Dumbledore." Hagrid said grimly. "You are right there Harry? Lilah?" He inquired looking at them. The two nodded before looking back at Firenze. "This is where I leave you, you are safe now. Good luck." Firenze said before leaving the forest. They all looked at where the unicorn lay dead before heading back to their dorm's having finished detention.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be nice