‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Tales of Mom

The next day after all the classes were over, Trinity, Lilah, and Bree decided to sit by the great lake underneath a shady tree. Lilah was doodling on a spare bit of parchment while Bree was reading her new quidditch book and Trinity was finishing some of her homework that she had yet to do. They looked the perfect picture of a family if you just added a mum and dad. "Hey Lilah, what are you drawing?" Bree asked looking over at her sister's paper. "A picture of my man eating unicorn eating Goyle." Lilah said happily. "You don't want to feed him Goyle, The poor thing would probably die." Trinity said looking at her picture. "Wait am I aloud to get it now." Lilah asked hopefully. "The answer you are looking for is still a no." Trinity said turning the page in her book.
Lilah frowned and quickly finished her drawing before jumping up and looking around. A butterfly soon flew by and Lilah smiled as she quickly chased after it. Trinity laughed while Bree also joined in trying to catch the small butterfly. Trinity set her book down and watched her sisters playing. She then froze when the butterfly landed on her and she was promptly tackled by her two younger sisters. “Get off me you two." Trinity said laughing while she pushed them off. "So close." Lilah huffed sitting on the right of her Trinity while Bree sat on the left. After a while of silence Lilah turned to look at Trinity. "Hey Trin?" Lilah questioned.
"What is it?" Trinity asked looking at her. "Can I ask you a question?" She asked suddenly in lack of her craziness. "You're gonna ask me any way so go ahead." Trinity said looking questioningly at her sister. "What do you remember about mum?" She asked staring at Trinity. A plethora of emotions rolled across the girls face as she stared out at the black lake. The squid floated at the top trying to catch a small insect. The sky was cloudless above and it was a perfect day. The only imperfect part was this question. Trinity looked back at Lilah before turning to Bree and sighing when she saw that both were waiting for her to speak.
"What do you two remember of her?" She asked refusing to look at them and instead opting to stare out at the lake. "Not much, just the way she looked and the sound of her voice." Lilah said. "That's pretty much all I know except I remember her smile too." Bree said sadly. "Is that really all you remember?" Trinity asked looking down at the two. They nodded solemnly. Trinity kept her eyes on the lake as she thought of how to respond. "I don't remember much either." Trinity said finally looking at her two sisters who were staring up at her. "In fact you should probably ask Grandfather if you want to know more about mother but I will tell you all that I remember from the time spent with her." Trinity said pausing to gather her thoughts.
"The most important thing to know is that mum loved us with all her heart." Trinity started. "She used to tell us that every day when we woke up and every night right before we went to bed." Lilah said remembering. "Yes she did." Trinity said smiling. "Do you remember the cottage we lived in?" Trinity asked imagining the small place in her head. The two nodded looking up at her. "Well we used to go out back to where the edge of the forest was and pick wild berries so that mum could cook them up into pies and muffins and all kinds of good food." Trinity said. "And we used to help her make them and always end up with more batter on us then in the pan." Trinity stated. They all laughed thinking about it.
"She used to set clothes out for us every day and teach us how to write and read during the day when it was too cold or to hot or raining out." Trinity paused. "She also used to tell us stories all the time about what it was like when she was in school and the plans she had for our future and everything she wished we could do." Trinity said. "She also use to tell us how sorry she was that we had to live the way we did in the middle of the night when she thought we were sleeping." Trinity whispered again staring out at the lake. "Tha-That's all I remember about her though." Trinity ended. "Trinity." They all turned to see Blaise standing a little ways away looking at the red head. "Yeah?" Trinity asked. "Can you help me with my homework?" He asked walking up to where they were.
Trinity laughed and shook her head before standing up. "Yeah just let me grab my stuff and we are doing it in the library because I refuse to come into your common room and help you now go get your stuff and I will meet you there." Trinity said as Blaise walked away. She then turned around to look at her sisters. "You have to ask Grandfather if you want to know more about mum. Now I'm gonna go so I will see you later." Trinity said walking up towards the castle. "You know every time I think about mum, Trinity pops into my head." Lilah said softly watching her sister head up to the castle. "I'm glad I'm not the only one." Bree replied going back to reading.