‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Talking to Hagrid

The Dumbledore sisters and the Golden Trio were walking together the next day after they took their class finals and talked lightly while they walked. "I'd always hear Hogwart's end of the year exams were frightful. But I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione said. "Speak for yourself." Ron said looking at her. Trinity laughed and looked at the red head. "You know it does help when you actually pay attention in class." Trinity said laughing lightly as they walked. "Cuz that's so much fun." Bree mumbled. "I think I got a perfect score on the last one." Lilah said thoughtfully.
"Are you alright Harry?" Ron asked. All of them turned to see Harry pressing his hand against his scar. "My scar." Harry stated rubbing it with his hand. "It keeps burning." He said. "It's happened before." Hermione said looking at him as they walked. "Not like this." He said wincing. "Perhaps you should see the nurse." Ron said looking at his friend in worry. "I don't think that will help any." Bree said looking at him. "No I mean he's the only one who has ever survived an unforgivable but I'm sure they know what to do." Trinity said sarcastically. "I think it's a warning, it means danger is coming." Harry stated.
The group walked to the front of the castle and paused as Harry again rubbed his scar. "Oh of course." Harry said looking to where Hagrid was playing music by his cabin. "What?" The Dumbledore sisters asked in unison. "Don't you think that it's a bit odd that the one thing that Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon. And a stranger turns up who just happens to have one. I mean how many people wonder around wtih dragon eggs in their pockets?" Harry asked. "Why didn't I see it before?" He admonished himself. They all followed quickly after Harry as he ran down to where Hagrid was sitting by his cabin playing a flute like instrument.
"Hagrid who gave you the dragon egg?" Harry asked trying to catch his breath. "What did he look like?" Harry shot again. "I don't know I never saw his face, he kept his hood up." Hagrid said looking at the six children. "This stranger though you and he must have talked." Harry said looking up at the half-giant. "Well yeah, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after and I told him that after Fluffy, a dragons going to be no problem." Hagrid said chuckling quietly. "This stranger did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry asked. "Well of course he was interested in Fluffy, how often do you come across a three headed dog? Even if you’re in the trade. “Hagrid said
"But I told them, I said the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him." Hagrid said smiling proudly. "Take Fluffy for example just play him a bit of music and he falls right to sleep." Hagrid said. The six children gasped and looked at each other. "I shouldn't have said that." Hagrid said losing his smile. The kids then took off running up towards the castle. "Where are you going? “Hagrid called after them but it fell on deaf ears as they ran up and into the castle. Once in the castle they all ran to Professor Mcgonagall's room. The old teacher was sitting at her desk writing in a notebook when they ran in and up to her desk.
"We have to see Professor Dumbledore." Harry said as soon as they stopped in front of the stern faced teacher. "I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here." She informed looking at them. "He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately." She said seeing as the Dumbledore sisters were standing in front of her. "He's gone? Now, but this is important." Harry said looking at Mcgonagall. "Please Professor this is about the soceror's stone or we wouldn't be coming here and bothering you." Trinity said. "How do you-" Someone is trying to steal it." Harry interrupted her. "I don't know how you children found out about the stone but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now you go back to your dormitories." She ordered and watched as they all walked up to where Gryffindor was.
"I'm not usually one to say this but if it comes down to it." Trinity paused trying to get her thoughts straight. "If the teachers won't help and won't listen then I say that you need to do what you think is right." Trinity said turning down a different corridor and heading towards the potions classroom. "Trin is right, if they won't do anything you should and we will be right there if you need any help. After all everyone we care for is going to witness the Dumbledore's fight." Bree said heading over to were the twins were sitting in the common room. "If you think you are going on an adventure and leaving me behind Potter, you are sadly mistaken." Lilah said in a false authoritive tone.