‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

House Cup

It wasn't until a week after the incident with Quirrel that Harry was released from the hospital wing. Hermione, Ron, and the Dumbledore sister were standing at the top of the first set of stairs talking when Lilah smiled and pointed down to the ground where Harry was standing looking up at them. "Alright there Ron?" Harry asked. "Alright then you?" Ron asked back. Harry shrugged his shoulders and looked up at the group. "Alright." He replied. "Hermione?" He inquired. "Never better." The young girl replied. "Oh I am alright too Harry thanks for asking." Lilah stated staring down at the boy causing the group to laugh.
After they hugged and reunited they then made their way to the great hall for the farewell feast. Everyone was sitting with their black pointed caps on, eating and having fun. The banners hanging from the ceiling were Slytherin to celebrate their winning of yet again another house cup. They were all talking and laughing at Lilah when they heard Professor McGonagall clink her fork against her glass to get their attention. Everyone quieted down and turned to look up to where Professor Dumbledore had just stood up and gotten ready to speak.
"Another year gone, and now as I understand it the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand at rest. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." A few applause were heard for the house while some hid their faces. "Third place Hufflepuff with 352 points," Dumbledore again paused for the clapping before continuing. "In second place Ravenclaw with 426 points and in first place with 472 points Slytherin house." The Slytherin could be heard going nuts as this was announced. "Yes yes well don Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into accountants. And I have a few last minute points to award." Dumbledore stated causing everyone to freeze and look up at him.
"To Miss Hermione Granger, the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril forty points." The house clapped while Hermione smile. "Second to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years forty points." Dumbledore stated. "To Miss Lilah Dumbledore, for showing that wit even in the toughest of moments twenty points." They smiled as once again clapping rang through the hall. "And to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure love and outstanding courage I award Gryffindor house sixty points." Albus announced.
The clapping really picked up then as Hermione looked at the others. "Were tied with Slytherin." She exclaimed excitedly smiling widely. "And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends, I award ten points to Neville Longbottom." Albus announced. Everyone at the Gryffindor table started clapping and those close to Neville patted him on the back. "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order." Dumbledore stated. The old professor clapped his hands and all the Slytherin banners changed into Gryffindor ones. "Gryffindor wins the house cup." The old wizard announced. The Gryffindor table jumped up and cheered for their win.
Then as quickly as the year started, it came to an end as they all boarded the train. Harry sat by the window holding the photo album that Hagrid had given him. The others sat around him talking quietly. "I can't believe its over." Trinity stated from her spot next to Hermione. "Well at least until next year." Harry stated. "I wonder what great adventure will be in store for second year." Bree said with a smile. "Well no matter what it is we all know that we will be there for each other." Lilah stated. Everyone turned to her and stared. "What, I'm not always crazy you know, I have my moments." She stated. The other laughed knowing that what she said was the truth. They were not going to leave each other’s sides any time soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's the end of the first book. Now onto the second one. Well almost we have a chapter for fun in between there so enjoy.