‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Herbology

Trinity was awake bright and early the next morning. After using the bathrooms and getting dressed she went over and woke her sisters and Hermione so they could also get dressed. Once they were done they met Ron and Harry in the common room before heading down for breakfast. They all ate a good breakfast before they were handed their class schedules. Once they had gone back up to the common room and retrieved what they would need, they made their way to Herbology with the Slytherins.

They dawned their special robes and dragon hide gloves before choosing places to stand around the tables. They were talking quietly when Professor Sprout came into the room. "Good Morning." She said as she entered the room. When no one responded she repeated her first statement even louder. "Good morning, Professor Sprout." The students all chorused as they turned to face the brown clad woman. Pamona smiled at the children momentarily showing off her rounded dimples before getting down to business. "Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Gather around everyone." The teacher ordered.

"Today we are going to replant mandrakes." She announced bringing a pot over to where all the students would be able to see it. "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" Professor Sprout asked. Hermione, Lilah, Bree, and Trinity all rose their hands to answer. "Yes, Miss Granger." She said pointing at the frizzy haired girl. "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state." Hermione stated. Trinity, Lilah and Bree all rose their hands again after their friend finished. "Yes Miss Dumbledore?" She questioned not realizing that all three were raising their hands.

The three sisters looked at each other before answering. "It's also quite dangerous." Lilah said with a gleeful smile. "The Mandrakes cry is fatal..." Bree continued. "To anyone who hears it." Trinity finished. "Excellent. Twenty points to Gryffindor." She said looking at all four students. The Gryffindors smiled at each other before again turning to Professor Sprout. "Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet. But they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I have given you earmuffs for auditory protection." She finished motioning for them to put their earmuffs on.

"So could you please put them on right away. Quickly." She stated spurring them into motion. All of them quickly put on the earmuffs and made sure they were securely on their heads. "Flaps tight down and watch me closely." She announced as everyone turned to look at her. "You grasp your mandrake firmly." She said grasping the leafy stems that were sticking out of her pot. "You pull it sharply up out of the pot." Pamona said as she pulled what looked like a wrinkled baby out of the pot. Everyone cringed and pressed their earmuffs down tightly as the thing began to wail loudly. "Got it?" She questioned. "And now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm." She said placing the creature in another pot and adding soil.

The Dumbledore sisters were watching avidly when they saw Neville's eyes roll into the back of his head as he fell over. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." Professor Sprout stated. The Slytherins snickered as they looked over at the chubby Gryffindor. "No ma'am he's just fainted." Seamus announced looking at his friend. "Yes, well, just leave him there." She said before turning back to her lesson. "Right on we go, plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up." She instructed. All of the students did as they were told. Lilah and Bree were cooing at theirs while Trinity was watching Draco tickle his Mandrake under the chin.

The eldest Dumbledore giggled softly as she watched her friend stick his finger in the plants mouth and get bitten. After she was done laughing at him and he had gotten his finger free, they placed their plants into the next pot and started adding soil. They were soon done with their plants and were given the last few minutes to talk to friends. Trinity looked at Draco from across the table and started laughing. "What?" He asked looking at her. "What gave you the bright idea to stick your finger in its mouth?" She asked through her giggles. Draco rolled his eyes and smiled at Trinity before the eldest Dumbledore went over to join her other friends.