‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Sorting Hat

Once they were at the train station everyone slowly got off the train. "Firs' Years firs' years." Yelled Hagrid. The group of five made their way over to the giant and all but Ron smiled. The youngest Weasley boy looked at the keeper of the keys shellshocked. "Close your mouth Ron you'll catch flies." Trinity said as they made their way to where the boats were docked. They stood by them until everyone was collected by the boats. Hagrid told everyone how the boats rowed themselves and how they were to stay seated the whole time they were riding.
Harry, Bree, Ron and Lilah rode in a boat together while Trinity rode in a boat with three boys she soon found out to be Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, and Neville Longbottom. They all chatted excitedly with Trinity and she smiled knowing she had already made three new friends and she hoped they would be in the same house together. Even though she herself was scared of what the hat might call out for her house. All the first years were excited about being sorted and talked merrily about what house they wanted to be in. Everyone had a different answer but no one truly knew where they'd end up.
They soon arrived on the other side of the lake closest to Hogwarts and carefully got out of their boats. Hagrid led them up to the castle with his lamp making sure no one strayed to far from the group. They entered the bid arched door of the castle and were led to another pair just inside the castle. Minerva Mcgonagall stood there her usual stern faced self. After thanking hagrid for bringing us up safely she looked at us as if inspecting them by the way they carried themselves. After a few moments all the chattering students quieted down and looked at there stern faced greeter.
"On the other side of this door is the Great Hall where the houses are sitting ready for the feast. But before you can sit you must be sorted." She explained. "You have until I get back to tidy yourselves up." She said looking at us. "Use your time wisely." Mcgonagall said before dissapearing into the two huge oak doors. Everyone brushed themselves off making sure they looke presentable. It didn't take long for the silver haired woman to caome back and lead all the new children into the hall.
They all looked around in awe at the beautiful room around them and the enchanted ceilimg that resided above them. The ceiling was filled with candles that floated smoothly all alit and magestic. The group stopped at the front of the hall. There a stool resided and all the kids watched as a seventh year student brought out a decrepit looking hat and set it on the stool. There was a collective gasp as the hats seam opened and started singing.

Oh,you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your tops hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell brave of heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achive their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And you won't get in a flap!
You're safe in my hands(though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!!

After the hat was finished everyone clapped as it bowed the tip of its hat. "When I call your name please come up and you will be sorted." She instructed. "Hannah Abbot." She called. It only took a minute before it shouted Hufflepuff. The Dumbledore sisters weren't paying attention until they heard "Harry Potter" called by the witch in green robes. The hall fell into a hush as he sat on the stool. His sorting took the longest but a smile of releif appeared as the hat screamed "Gryffindor." Lilah Dumbledore was the next name called and again the hall fell silent interrupted only by whispers.
Lilah sat on the stool and the hat fell over her eyes. "Hmm interesting." It said to her inside her head. "You are just like your granfather and he was in- yes I do beleive you'd do well there." It mused. Might as well be "GRYFFINDOR" It screamed. Lilah smiled at her sisters and grandfather as she slid off the stool and made her way over to where the table was clapping enthusiastically. There she sat down by Harry. "Bree Dumbledore." came next on the list. "Oh another one." the hat said one she was situated. "Bravery runs strong in you along with loyalty and you are very stong willed, you would do well in any house but your bravery stand ths strongest you are a true GRYFFINDOR." It exclaimed. Bree smiled and made her way to the red and gold table where she sat by Ron.
"Trinity Dumbledore." Minerva yelled. Trinity took a deep breath before walking up confidently and sitting on the stool. The hat was placed on her head and drooped down over her eyes. "Well here's another Riddle , your sisters are Gryffindors through and through which makes sense since both their parents were." it said. "I am no Riddle I am a Dumbledore." She stated in her mind. "Oh but you are my dear. You could be in any house here but you are very brave hmm yes but you are also very cunning and power, so much power. Slytherins would suit you well." It stated. "Please put me in Gryffindor I made a promise to my mother that I don't intend to break." She pleaded. "Oh very well GRYFFINDOR." it shouted. "Thank you." she whispered as it was pulled from her head.
Trinity smiled and walked to the table ignoring the eyes she felt on her. She took a seat between Lilah and Hermionie Granger. After the sorting was over the grey bearded headmaster stood up and raised his hands to quiet the room. Once everyone was quiet he began his speech. "I'd like to remind all first years and certain others." He said his eyes landind momentarily on the Weasley twins. "The forest is forbidden and also the third floor is off limits to all those whom do not wish to die a most painful death." he finished. "Now let us celebrate a new year at Hogwarts, may the feast begin." Dumbledore said as the tables filled with food.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things aren't as they appear to be are they?