‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Enemies of the Heir Beware

Trinity hurried down to Hagrid's hut after that and without knocking, she opened the door and went in. "Malfoy." Trinity said rolling her eyes as she came in and stood next to Hagrid. "Sorry for not knocking first by the way." She stated looking at Hagrid. Hagrid shrugged it off and turned back to the others whom were all sitting around Ron as he puked slugs into a bucket. "He called Hermione, a well- I don't know exactly." Harry said looking at Hermione. Hermione stood up and walked past Trinity and Hagrid. She would not look at anyone as her eyes teared up. "He called me a mudblood." Hermione stated. "He did not." Hagrid questioned looking from Hermione to Harry, Ron, Trinity, Lilah, and Bree.
"What's a mudblood?" Harry asked. "It means dirty blood, mudblood is a really fowl name for someone who is muggleborn with non-magic parents. Someone like me." Hermione said spinning around and looking at them. "It is not a term you usually here in civilized conversation." Bree stated as Hermione looked at her feet. "You see Harry, there are some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pureblood." Hagrid explained causing Trinity to roll her eyes. "Not all purebloods are like that though, I mean look at Ron's family." Lilah stated just as Ron puked up another slug. "That's horrible." Harry said. "It's disgusting." Ron croaked. "And it's codswallop to boot, dirty blood, why there isn't a wizard today who isn't half-blood or less." Hagrid stated.
"More to the point I have yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do." Hagrid then said with a smile as he looked at the bushy haired girl. "Come here." He said reaching his hand out for the girl. Hermione placed her hand in the giants and looked at him as his other hand covered hers. "Don't you think on it Hermione, don't you think on it for one minute." The giant said patting her hand. The group then sat there for the rest of the time, just talking quietly as Ron puked up slugs. As soon as the red head was done puking, they said their goodbyes and made their way back up to the common room.
"Hey Hermione, do you want to go to the library and start on the homework?" The red head asked once they were back in the common room. Hermione nodded and after getting their things together, they said bye to the others and were then on their way. "Well I’m going up to my dormitory to draw and Bree is coming with me." Lilah said grabbing her sister’s arm and dragging her up the stairs. The boys laughed as Bree's resounding "Help I’m being kidnapped" rang down the stairs. "I reckon we better get ready for detention." Ron stated looking at Harry. Harry nodded as they too went up the stairs towards their dorms.
* * * * * *
"I wonder what's taking Harry so long." Lilah stated as they sat in the common room. Trinity and Bree shared a smirk and hid a laugh as their sister sent them a death glare. "I don't know, he should be back by now." Hermione stated looking at Ron before looking up to the clock. "Well knowing him, he probably found another creature somewhere in the school." Trinity joked before dropping her smile. "Well let's go find are heroic little friend whom cannot stay out of trouble." Bree said jumping to her feet. The other nodded and soon they were heading towards Gilderoy Lockhart's classroom.
Trinity paused for a moment as they were walking. "Trin? What is it?" Lilah asked. "Nothing, I just thought I heard something." Trinity said turning back around and hurrying after the others. By the time she caught up to them, they had already found Harry. "Did you hear that voice?" Harry asked looking all around. "Voice? What voice?" Hermione asked. "I heard first in Lockhart's office." He stated looking around. "It was talking about smelling blood." Trinity stated looking over to where Harry was standing. Harry nodded, "Then I heard it again just-" He pasued as the voice sounded out again. "Its moving." Trinity stated looking all aroun her to try and find who was talking. "I think it's going to kill." Harry stated. "Kill?" Ron asked as Harry and Trintiy took off foloowing the voice.
"Guys wait, not so fast." Hermione called after the two. They both ran out into a connecting corridor and looked down in surprise when the splash of water caught their ears. Trinity's eye furrowed together in question as Harry looked down both corridors, before choosing a way to go. By that time the others had caught up to them and followed closely. Harry stopped them by a window and looked down causing everyone to follow his example. "Strange, I’ve never seen spiders act like that." Harry stated as they watched the spiders flee. "I don't like spiders." Ron stated before catching something in the water's reflection. "What is that?" Lilah tugged on Bree and Trinity's sleeves and pointed up to where blood was smeared, in writing, on the wall.
"The chamber of secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir...beware." Hermione read as she looked at the wall. "It's written in blood." Bree stated. "Oh no." Harry said spotting a cat dangling from the wall. "It’s Filch's cat." Trinity said walking up to stand beside Harry. "It's Mrs. Norris." Harry stated. They both spun around as they heard the sound of people coming. The group looked as all the houses converged in the corridor, all of them pointing and whispering. "Enemies of the heir beware" Malfoy questioned. "You'll be next, mudbloods." Draco said turning to look at Hermione. Trinity went to take a step towards the arrogant ponce but was stopped by Harry grabbing her arm.
"What's going on here?" Filch asked as he made his way through the crowd. "Go on make way, make way." He grouched as he pushed past the twin and ended up at the front of the group. "Potter." He stated looking at Harry. "Dumbledore." He then stated noticing the red head. "What are you---" He trailed off as he looked up and saw his cat dangling in front of the wall. "Mrs. Norris?" He questioned shakily as he stared at the cat. "You've murdered my cat." He stated looking at the two of them. "No, no." Harry stated. "I'll kill ya." Filch stated. Trinity stepped in front of Harry protectively as Filch repeated the phrase louder and went to grab him. He stopped short when he saw the red head their instead of the raven haired boy. Her hand twitching to reach for her wand.
"Argus." The two heard Dumbledore shout from behind them. They both turned to see Dumbledore coming through the crowd. "Argus I-" The old wizard stopped to take in the sight before him. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." Dumbledore stated. The small group turned to quickly head towards their common room. "Everyone except you four." He said pointing to Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Trinity. Trinity waved bye to her sisters before turning around and facing her grandfather. "She's not dead Argus, she has been petrified." Albus stated looking at the man. "Aw thought so, so unlucky that I wasn't there, I know exactly the counter curse that could have spared her." Gilderoy stated causing Trinity to roll her eyes.
Albus nodded before again taking in the whole scene. "But how she has been petrified I cannot say." Dumbledore stated. "Ask them." He said gesturing to Harry and Trinity. "It's them that have done it, you saw what they wrote on the wall." Argus stated. "It's not true sir I swear." Harry stated defending them both. "We never touched Mrs. Norris." Trinity stated standing next to Harry. "Rubbish." Argus grumbled. "If I might headmaster." Severus stated intervening. "Perhaps, those two and their friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time." Snape stated to the relief of Trinity. The other three looked at each other in surprise before turning back to the teachers.
"However, the circumstances are suspicious, I for one don't recall seeing Potter at dinner." Snape stated much to the annoyance of Trinity. "That was my doing Severus, you see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail." Lockhart stated with a smile. "That's why we went looking for him professor." Hermione stated. "We just found him when he said-" Hermione trailed off as she looked at the two. "Yes miss Granger?" Snape questioned. "When he said he wasn't hungry, we were heading to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris." Trinity stated simply, covering both their tails. Severus raised and eyebrow at them before turning to Professor Dumbledore.
"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus." Dumbledore stated. "My cat has been petrified, I wanna see some punishment." Filch growled. "We will be able to cure her Argus, as I understand it; professor Sprout has a very healthy growth of mandrakes." Albus stated as Sprout nodded cheerily. "When they mature, a potion will be made that will revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution to all." He stated looking pointedly at Trinity and Harry. "Oh great now I'm on the watch list." Trinity mumbled to her sisters through their connection. "You usually are." Lilah quipped. "Now shut up and hurry back here." Bree added. "Yes your highnesses." Trinity retorted back as they were dismissed. "I prefer overlord." Lilah stated causing the red head to smile lazily as they walked back to the common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I am sorry for not updating in a while, I have had really poor health over the past month or so and have barely had time for anything but I am trying to get back on track so cross you fingers, enjoy, and comment. But most of all enjoy. Thank you all for reading. Buh-bye.