‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Furry Alligator

The next day the three girls got up at their usual time and got ready for the day. After putting on their uniforms and heading down to the common room, they waited for Harry, Ron, and Hermione before heading down to breakfast. As soon as they got in the Great Hall Trinity was called over to the Hufflepuff table by Cedric. "Hey I guess I’ll join you in a bit." She stated walking over and plopping down by the older boy. The others nodded and took a seat at the end of the Gryffindor table closest to the door. "So what's on today’s schedule?" Lilah asked as she bit ferociously into a piece of toast. "Transfiguration." Bree stated rolling her eyes at her sister’s antics. "You know you remind me of a vampire how you ripped into that piece of toast." Trinity said as she came over and rejoined them a little while later.
Lilah froze and quickly set the toast back down on her plate. "TRINITY!" She yelled. "Do you honestly have to say things like that while I’m trying to calmly eat?" Lilah complained with a pout. "Got you to stop eating like a starved animal didn't it?" The eldest Dumbledore questioned. Lilah just grumbled under her breath before starting to eat her eggs slowly and carefully. "So what did the Puff want?" Fred and George questioned coming up and plopping down next to Trinity. "As much as I hate to deflate your ego, you do realize I have more friends than just you guys right?" She questioned carefully taking a bite out of a blueberry muffin. "Oh no she's making friends." the twins shouted as they both jumped out of their seats. "We have to lock her away so that she only remembers us." Lilah also shouted jumping up causing the whole hall to look over at them.
The hall watched in amusement as the small group of pulled Trinity out of her seat and practically dragged her out of the hall. "Help, they want to lock me in a tower." Trinity called playfully as she disappeared from view. "Don't worry, the furry alligator will stand guard." Lilah said poking her head back in briefly before once again disappearing from view. "We better go after them before they actually do lock her away." Bree said between laughs as her and the others stood up and left the room. They made their way to the transfiguration room and there they found Lilah and Trinity sitting in their seats. The other four laughed at her irritated expression before sitting down as well and waiting for the others to enter.
Once everyone was in the room, Professor McGonagall began. "Quiet, quiet down please." She called as she walked around her desk to stand in front of the class. "Miss Dumbledore good to see you aren't locked away in a tower." The witch stated in amusement as the class giggled softly. "Yes well there was no furry alligator to stand guard today." Trinity stated slumping down into her chair. "Anyway, Today we will be transforming animals into water goblets." McGonagall stated. "Like so." She stated holding her wand up to a bird that was perched in front of the room. "One, two, three Veraverto." She stated simply causing the bird to shift into a beautiful metal cup.
"Now who would like to go first?" She asked stepping down so that she was in front of the class. "Ahh Mr. Weasley." She stated seeing that he already had an animal with him. "One two three, veraverto." She instructed. Ron nodded and pointed his wand at the cup, after tapping the rat three times he called out the spell. The class broke into giggles as the watched the rat morph into a cup, the fur and tail still attached and wiggling. "That wand needs replacing Mr. Weasley." She stated before starting to walk away. Hermione sighed from her place next to Trinity and raised her hand. "Yes Miss ranger?" McGonagall asked seeing her hand.
"Professor?" She questioned. "I was wondering if you could tell us about the chamber of secrets." Hermione questioned. The whole class watched her expectantly until she finally answered. "Very Well." She stated moving back to the front of the room before turning to the class. "Well you all know of course that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age." Minerva stated. "Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin." She stated walked restlessly as she tapped her wand against her hand. "Now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not." Minerva stated pausing. “Three guesses who." Ron muttered to Harry.
"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within magical families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others he decided to leave the school." She stated scanning the class room before continuing. "Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber within this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets. While shortly after departing he sealed it, until that time that his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within and by so doing, purge the school of all those who in Slytherin's view were unworthy to study magic." She finished as she corrected her glasses.
"Muggleborns." Hermione stated. Mcgonagall nodded and pointed her wand briefly at Hermione. "Well naturally the school has been searched many times, no such chamber has been found." Minerva stated turning so that she could once again head to the front of the room. "Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?" Hermione questioned. "The chamber is said to be home to something that only the heir of Slytherin can control, it is said to be the home of a monster." She finished looking at all of her students.