‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Potions

The Dumbledore sisters woke early the next morning and got dressed for the day. After they were dressed they made their way to the common room where they waited for Ron and Harry to come down. They walked down to breakfast after that and the group sat together. After a little while Professor Mcgonnagal came and gave them their schedules for the day. The schedules were easy enough to follow and everyone had a different favorite.
All the teachers seemed to react differently about having Harry Potter and the Dumbledore sisters. All in all the classes seemed to run smoothly until the small group got to potions class. They all got in and sat down at the desks. Ron, Harry, and Bree sat in the front row while Trinity, Lilah, and Hermione sat right behind them in the second row. Everyone was whispering quietly when the door to the classroom was thrown open by none other than the one Severus Snape. As soon as he was in the room he wasted no time to start talking. “There will be no foolish wand waving in here.” He proclaimed. “Now we shall start off with roll call.” He said standing at his podium. He went down the list till he came to those four names. “Aww, so we come to our new celebrities” he said snidely.
“Bree Dumbledore”
“Here” Bree angered
“Lilah Dumbledore”
“Present.” Lilah said excitedly.
His demeanor softened as he read the next name. “Trinity Dumbledore” “Here professor” Trinity said politely. His face hardened again. “And Harry Potter” he spat “Here” Harry said quietly.
“I don’t expect you really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses.” He paused. “I can teach you how to battle fame, brew glory, and even stopper death-if you aren’t as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually teach.” He stated “Potter” Snape snapped suddenly. “What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?” he asked. Hermione’s hand shot up and Trinity lazily raised hers as well. “I don’t know sir” said Harry, Snape ignored the other hands as he stayed transfixed on Harry. “Let’s try again. Potter, where would you look it I told you to find me a bezoar?” Snape questioned. Again Hermione was practically jumping out of her seat while Trinity sat there quietly. “I don’t know sir.” Harry replied again.
Trinity, Lilah, and Bree cast death glares at the snickering Slytherins. “One more time Potter, what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?” Hermione stood up waving her hand. “I don’t know.” Harry replied. “Sit down” Snape snapped at Hermione. “Professor if I may be so bold, Asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion called the Draught of the living dead, a bezoar comes from a goat’s stomach, and stops most poisons, Monkshood and Wolfsbane are the same plant also known as aconite” Trinity stated. The ebony haired man looked at the red head keeping his cold physique but on the inside he was smiling proudly and she could tell. “So why aren’t you all copying that down.” He snapped “And very good Miss Dumbledore.” He finished.
The lesson continued and soon everyone was placed into groups. Trinity with Malfoy, Harry with Lilah, and Ron with Bree. “Hello” Trinity greeted, Malfoy just sneered. The eldest sister rolled her eyes and got to work. Bree and Ron along with Harry and Lilah were working well with their partnerships but Snape’s critical sizing of what they where doing never let up unless it was to congratulate Draco, Trinity, and the rest of the Slytherins. Halfway through the class, just as Trinity had finished the potion a scream rang out as everyone jumped on their stools to avoid Neville’s concoction. Severus looked livid as he put Trinity in charge and took Neville to the hospital wing. After he left everyone went back to work while Trinity, Bree, and Lilah cleaned up the mess that was once called Neville. Trinity, Bree, and Lilah cleaned up Neville’s mess. Once class was over they were held back by Snape. “Girls your grandfather wishes to see you now.” He stated before allowing them to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next Capter. Ihave up to the trophy room scene typed