‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Fluffy

“Harry, Ron, wait up!” Lilah yelled as she caught up with them just as they walked into the courtyard. “Hey Lilah” they both said “I heard you’re our new seeker, congratulations, Harry” Ron said “yeah I’m sure you’ll do great.” Lilah encouraged. “I don’t know, I mean I’ve never even ridden a broom before today.” Harry replied “What if I let everyone down?” he asked “You won’t, it’s in your blood” Hermione said coming up to them. “What?” Harry asked looking at her.
“Follow me” Hermione said taking the lead. Hermione led them for a little while until they came upon what Hermione told them was the trophy room. Once inside Hermione led them over to a big glass case and pointed to a plaque. Nailed to the plaque was a gold shield that read. “James Potter, seeker” Ron exclaimed looking at it."Harry you never told me your dad was a seeker!" Ron continued. “I- I never knew” Harry replied looking at it. “See now you know you won’t be horrible!” Lilah said smiling. Harry looked at her desperately trying to beleive her. After looking at the trophy for a little while longer they decided to head back to the common room before curfew broke.
The four of them started walking up the stairs toward the common room. Lilah, Harry, and Ron walked in the front whilke Hermione trailed along behind the rest. "I tell ya it's spooky." Ron said looking at Harry and Lilah. Lilah shrugged lookingat the two who were trying to keep their voices down. "Who doesn't?" Harry asked right as the staircases moved. All four students grabbed on to the railing as the staircase quickly moved and elongated to reach a new destination. "Lets go this way." Harry said as soon as the stairs came to a stop. They all hurried off and onto the platform that luckily did not move.
The group walked straight ahead to a wooden door that was closed in front of them. The whole time Ron was grumbling about the staircase moving while Hermione and Lilah looked around in wonder. Lilah pushed open the door and the four companions walked into a dark corridor that was full of dust and looked like it hadn't been used in ages. "Does anybody feel like were not supposed to be here?" Ron asked looking around the room. "We're not supposed to be here." Hermione said looking at the other two. "She's right this is the third floor." Lilah said shrugging as if it was nothing. "Grandfather says it's forbidden but he won't tell me and my sisters why." Lilah said smiling like usual.
All four of them jumped as a fire near by burst into life, lighting up the room. "Let's go" Harry said turning quickly only to come face to fur with Filch's cat. "It's Filch's cat." Hermione said looking down at the ball of fur. "Awww" Lilah said reaching down to play with the cat. Harry grabbed her and the turned quickly running down the hall hoping to escape before Filch found them. The torches all ignited as they ran by them and down the corridor towards an old wooden door. "Quick let's hide through that door." Harry said dropping Lilah's hand so he could open the door.
"It's locked!" Harry yelled exasperatedly letting go of the door handle. "That's it we're done for." Ron said looking back down the hallway."Oh move over." Hermione commanded pushing to the front so that she could get at the door. She pulled her wand out and pointing it at the door she shouted "Alohomora." The other watched in awe as the door unlocked itself and opened a little bit. "Get in." She said as the other three hurried in the door after her. Ron stood by the door leaving it open a crack so that he could see threw to where Filch would be. "Alohomora?" Ron asked looking at Hermione. "Standard book of spells chapter seven." Hermione explained.
"Filch is gone." Hermione said peeking over Ron's shoulder to look out. Ron nodded turning around to look for Harry and Lilah. "Why do you think this door is locked?" Ron asked looking around. "Was locked." Hermione corrected. "It was becuase of the puppy." Lilah said just as Harry said for a good reason. All four of them looked in front of them to where a huge three headed dog was slowly waking up. Its brown fur gleamed in what little light was in the room. All four students screamed, three in fear and one in elation, as they bolted out the door. They quickly turned there weight back then to push the door shut while the dog tried to get out. They eventually got it and hurried out of the third floor and to the Gryffindor common room.
"What do they think they're doing keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron asked exasperatedly once the were back in the common room. "You don't use your eyes do you?" Hermione asked looking at him. Ron gave him a dazed look and she elaborated. "It was standing on a trap door which means it wasn't there by accident, it's guarding something." She said as if it was the most simple thing in the world. "Guarding something?" Harry asked. "Thats right now I'm going to bed before either of you come up with a plan to get us killed, or worse expelled." Hermione said going into the girls dorm room. "She needs to sort out her priorities." Ron said before they all said goodnight to each other and went to bed so they were ready for the next morning.