‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Troll

The next morning after getting dressed the three sisters made there way to breakfast where they quickly ate before heading off to there first lesson. They had their first lesson with the slytherins which everybody but Trinity was dreading. Once they got in the room thy all took their seats. Lilah, Bree, and Harry sat in the first row while Trinity, Ron, and Hermione sat right behind them in the second row. They were all excited to finally start learning some magic. All of them were talking merrily but soon hushed when the professor walked in and the lesson began.
"One of wizards most rudimentary skills is levitation or the ability to make objects fly." Professor Binns explained. "Do you all have your feathers?" He asked looking around. Hermione and Trinity smiled holding up their pure white feathers before setting them down again when he gave an approving nod. "Now don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, simply swish and flick." He said cheerily. "Everyone." He instructed getting them to practice the movement. "And enunciate wingardium leviosa." He said before motioning for them to practice for real.
"Wingardium leviosa." Ron said flicking his wand repeatedly over his feather. Trinity moved away expecting the worst but Hermione quickly stopped Ron. "Look stop, stop." Hermione said putting her hand in front of him so that he would stop waving his wand. "Your going to take someones eye out."Trinity said rolling her wand between her fingers, not even trying to levitate the feather. "Besides your saying it wrong, its levi-O-sa, not levio-SA." Hermione explained looking at Ron. "You do it then if your so clever." Ron said looking at her. Trinity shook her head as she watched the two. Hermione picked up her wand and with a swish and flick she recited the spell perfectly allowing the feather to rise into the air.
Trinity smiled and finally allowed her feather to be pulled into the air as she recited the spell along with Hermione. Everyone watched as their feathers floated into the air. "Well done, see here everyone, Miss Granger and Miss Dumbledore have done it." The professor said excitedly. While the professor was still congratulating Hermione and Trinity Seamus decided to try and get his spell to work. Unfortunately all that happened was a minor explosion and a crisped feather. "I think were gonna need another feather over here professor." Harry said looking up towards the man.
After class was over Harry, Ron, the Dumbledore sisters, and a couple others made their way towards their next lesson. "It's Levi-O-sa, not Levio-SA." Ron mocked much to Trinity's dislike. "She's a nightmare honestly, no wonder she doesn't have any friends." Ron said loudly. Hermione walked by quickly bumping into Ron before hurrying off. "I think she heard you." Harry said. "Ron you blathering idiot, why don't you learn to think before opening that mouth of yours." Trinity scolded giving him a Snape worthy glare before hurrying off after Hermione.
* * * *
That night was Halloween and everyone was sitting down at the feast and eating excitedly as they all ate their fill. The students were talking animatedly and the teachers were as well. All enjoying the feast, none but a fine few noticing that a teacher and two students were missing. "Where's Hermione and Trinity?" Harry asked noticing the two missing people. "Pavarti Patil said that Hermione wouldn't come out of the girls bathroom, that'd she'd been in there all day crying, and Trinity has been sitting in there with her trying to convince her to come out." Neville said answering Harry. Harry looked over at Ron, Lilah, and Bree who just shrugged in response.
They had just gone back to eating when the door to the great hall burst open and Quirrel came running in. "TROOOOOOLLL." He shouted running toward the head table. "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON." He shouted again stopping in the middle of the room. "Thought you should know." He said before falling over in a dead faint. The hall then turned into and uproar as all the kids started screaming and jumping up ready to flee. "SILENCE." Dumbledore shouted instantly shutting everybody up and rooting them to their spots. "Everyone will please not panic." He said making sure everyone had stopped. "Now prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories, teachers, will follow me to the dungeons." Dumbledore stated.
Harry, Ron, Lilah, and Bree all mixed into the group of Gryffindors following Percy up to the common room. "How could a troll get in?" Harry asked as they walked briskly, loosing Lilah and Bree in the crowd. "Not on their own trolls are really stupid." Ron explained. "Probably people playing jokes." He added as an after thought. Harry stopped and grabbed Ron's sleeve pulling him away from the mass of Gryffindors. "What?" Asked Ron. "Hermione and Trinity they don't know." Harry said before pulling Ron back to where the two girls would be.
* * * *
"Come on Hermione please come out." Trinity begged. "Why does it matter, no one likes me anyway." Hermione asked through sobs. "That's a lie Hermione, I like you, you can even ask my grandfather." Trinity said resting her head against the stall that Hermione was in. "You shouldn't bother." Hermione said. "You should go and be with your other friends, I'm sure they're a lot better." Trinity laughed a little bit. "Wouldn't know Mione, your the only person besides Draco I bothered to become friends with." Trinity said telling a half truth. "Do you mean it? Do you really see me as a friend?" She asked. "Yes." Trinity said. "Now get out here so I can give you a hug and cheer you up." Trinity said stepping away from the door.
She smiled as the door opened to reveal Hermione who was also smiling. However the smile soon disappeared as she looked behind Trinity. Trinity turned around and they both screamed. Thinking quick Trinity pulled them back into the stalls and down to the floor so they could crawl to the other stalls that were there. The two girls screamed as the troll's club smashed through the stalls sending rubble down onto them. They pushed the stuff away just in time to see Harry and Ron. "MOVE!" Harry yelled bolting forward. The two girls quickly started to crawl away from where they had been. Trinity, and Hermione were once again covered in rubble and Trinity pulled Hermione close as she screamed for help.
Harry and Ron started throwing peices of the stall at the troll so it would leave the two girls alone. "Hey pea brain." Ron shouted hitting it in the face with a peice of wood effectively getting the trolls attention. Hermione and Trinity crawled over to the sinks and just barely made it out of the way when the troll's club came smashing down into the sink next to them. Harry pulled out his wand and ran forward grabbing the club. Thr effect was him ending up on the trolls sholders. Harry held on for dear life as the troll tried to shake him off. As the troll shook him Harry accidently shoved his wand up the troll's nose causing the troll to get angry and reach up to grab Harry.
Wand still in its nose, the troll held Harry out by his foot and swung its club at him. Harry quickly pulled himself out of the way to avoid it shouting "DO SOMETHING!!" Ron looked around before pulling his wand out. "What?" He asked obliviously. "ANYTHING." Harry shouted once again avoiding a blow. "Swish and Flick." Trinity yelled holding Hermione close to the wall and sinks. "Wingardium Leviosa." Ron said pointing his wand at the club. The next time the roll went to swing he came down empty handed. He looked up to see his club right as it dropped on its head, knocking the beast out. The beast fell forward releasing Harry from its grasp. Harry quickly moved back toward Ron and got up while Trinity and Hermione came out from hding still holding on to each other.
"Is it dead?" Hermione asked pulling away from Trinity. "No." Trinity replied. "It takes a lot more then that to kill a troll." Trinity explained. Harry reached down and pulled his wand out of the trolls nose, cringing at the bogies on the end. "Eww troll bogies." Ron said looking at Harry's wand. Just then Professor Mcgonagall came running into the bathroom with Quirrel right behind her as well as Snape. "Oh my- oh my goodness." She gasped resting her hand over her heart. "Explain yourselves." The old witch stuttered out. "It's my fault professor." Hermione said saving Ron and Harry. Trinity, Ron and Harry all looked at each other wide eyed.
"Miss Granger?" She asked disbeleivingly. "I went looking for the troll, I read about them and thought I could handle it." Hermione paused. "But I was wrong, if Harry, Ron and Trinity hadn't come looking for me, i'd probably be dead." Hermione stated. "Be that as it may, it was an extremely stupid thing to do, I would have expected more rational behavior on your part. I am very dissapointed in you Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor." Mcgonagall stated. "As for you three, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are, not many first year students could take on a fully grown trail and live to tell the tail, Five points will be awrded to each of you." She stated. "For sheer dumb luck." She added for good measure.
Mcgonagall left after that hurrying off to find Dumbledore. Severus gave a long look to Trinity that told her that he knew it was a lie and that she would be telling the truth eventually before leaving. "Come on you b-better get up to your common rooms now before anymore excitment happens." Quirrel said looking at the four. They nodded and quickly made their way to the common room, all of them in need of a long nights rest.