Status: updates when inspiration and free time collide.

Designer Dreams, Designer Shades

Deal with the Sad Parts.

I wonder if I was the only one that felt dinner was awkward as fuck. It was hard to see Darcy like this – with clothes somewhat similar to the clothes she used to wear back in high school. It made it that much harder not to look at her. Having Macy all up on me all night didn’t really help, either. Dinner consisted mostly of mom and dad asking Darcy anything and everything they possibly could about the past three years or so now. I didn’t say much, just observed Darcy very intently. She was at it again, with that lovely façade so firmly in place.

She was all smiles as she talked about her time in Europe with her mom. And she hated her mom. I was indeed wondering what the fuck happened, but I was prepared to be patient about it. Darcy wouldn’t open up to me that easily, not anymore. “So, you probably already answered this, but refresh my memory - why did you leave in the first place?” I asked when there was a lull in the dinner conversation.

Darcy daintily pressed her napkin to her lips, forcing another smile. “I just wanted to spend some time with my mom, since she was getting remarried and all that around the time I left… I especially wanted to be there for her for the wedding.”

Darcy…talked like the last three years didn’t happen, like she didn’t ever so rudely pick up and leave without so much as a goodbye. It kind of pissed me off. I focused on the food so I wouldn’t say anything extremely rude. She didn’t even look at me unless Macy asked her something and she inevitably had to glance in my direction because Macy was so close to me. This fucking tension could be cut with a knife.

But I was overjoyed when my parents insisted that Darcy spend the night with us. Darcy could never turn down my parents. Tonight would be the night to get the truth out of her. “Gosh, she’s changed so much,” Macy whispered to me when Darcy excused herself from the table to go to the bathroom. “Chris, doesn’t she look like she lost a lot of weight? And her clothes! Oh my god, I think her entire outfit together is worth more than my car.”

I shrugged and helped myself to some more sushi. Darcy had always been scrawny, true, but I guess Macy was right – Darcy was a little too slight for her own good at this point. She was just covering up her bones with those clothes. Another thing we would have to talk about tonight.

Darcy came back and we continued to eat and talk until it got pretty freaking late. I took Macy home after dinner. She wanted me to spend the night with her, but I politely refused, wanting to get home and get to Darcy. When I got back into the house…Darcy was standing in my room, in clothes that she borrowed from Harley to sleep in. “Sorry,” she mumbled to me, trying to get past me and out of my room, but I shut the door behind me and locked it. Darcy looked up at me with a scowl on her face. “Please let me out.”

“Not until you explain yourself to me,” I said firmly, blocking her way to the door. Darcy sighed, folding her arms across my chest and remaining silent. “What the fuck are you doing in my room, anyways?”

Darcy studiously stared at the ground, but she had started trembling terribly, and then she started blubbering about why she really left with no goodbye – about being raped by her dad’s friends. I knew something bad had happened to her…I just didn’t expect it to be that bad. “So are you going to let me out, now?” she asked sharply when she finished, rubbing her tears away. She was shocked when I simply hugged her tightly. “D…Drew…”

“It’s so good to hear you call me that,” I sighed, and I shocked us both by kissing her.

▲▼▲▼▲

I hated when Darcy came to me crying, because I felt like I wasn’t comforting her very well. It was bad tonight. It was because her mom had left. I was really bad with girls. What more with crying girls?! “Hey, Darcy,” I said quietly when the flow of tears had somewhat stopped. “Do you want to do anything? Are you hungry or something?”

“I need to eat chocolate,” Darcy said firmly, rubbing her temples.

I grinned and got off the bed. “I was hoping you’d say that…I’ll be right back.” I went downstairs and grabbed the brownies I just made, grabbing some the gallon of milk, too.

Darcy didn’t suspect a thing. “I know it’s bad to eat emotionally, but that’s just what I do,” she sniffled through a mouthful of brownie, already reaching for another one. “Shit, Drew, these brownies are good. You’re gonna make me so fat.”

“Darcy, you’re not fat,” I laughed, starting to eat some of the brownies myself.

Darcy stopped eating after, like, three brownies. “Drew, these brownies taste different.”

“Are you trying to say I’m a terrible cook? Gosh, Darcy, I was just trying to be a good friend!” I wailed melodramatically.

“They just taste…different…”

The next, like, four hours were spent on Pandora, looking for good music and making fun of bad music, watching random movies that we found around my room, and messing around with my guitar. Darcy had never been high before and was mad at me for drugging her for the first half hour…but then she chilled out about everything. It was pretty funny.

“You know, Drew, you’re like, my best friend ever? I mean, I like, love you, man,” Darcy drawled, her arms around my neck. We were watching all the Harry Potter movies. She sobbed hysterically when Cedric Diggory died. She sobbed hysterically when Harry got his first kiss from Ginny. She sobbed throughout all the movies, pretty much. She had had a little too much of those brownies.

“I love you, too, Darce,” I laughed. I was slowly but surely coming down from my high, but that was alright. We needed not to be high when my parents got back. “No, like, I really love you. Like, I wanna have babies with you, love you.”

“Oh, god, Drew! That stupid fat bitch is making Harry write with the bloody feather pen!” Darcy sobbed and pointed at the screen before burying her face in my neck. I sighed. Even high, I didn’t have the guts or the right words to tell Darcy how I felt about her. “Drew, we would have such pretty babies,” Darcy giggled, still high as a fucking kite.

“You think so?” I laughed as I wrapped my arms around her, kissing the top of her head. “Do you want a boy or a girl first?”

“I want a girl,” Darce mumbled, tracing the tattoos on my chest. “I want a girl first and I want to dress her up all pretty like a princess and I want you to treat her like a fucking princess. You’d better treat our first daughter like a fucking princess.”

“Sounds like a plan, Darcy,” I laughed, and we talked about our kids the rest of our Harry Potter marathon…but she was so high that she didn’t remember anything that happened when we woke up afterwards. And when I told her about our conversation about kids, she just laughed and dismissed it as a joke. She joked about that all the time afterwards, but in a hurtful way – the “Oh-yeah-right-I’d-never-actually-have-kids-with-you” kind of joking. I pretended not to be hurt by it, but... Damn, was I hurt!

Even high, I never joked when it came to my future with Darcy, but I obviously wasn’t in her future at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been a while..... hope this makes up for it.
i'm not even counting down to christmas, i'm counting down to 12.6.11.!!!!
i'm in a harry potter mood, recommend me some malfoy stories, lol.
hey, you should click this.
anyways, comments would be greatly appreciated :3