Liquid Confidence

1/1

If one drink can make tonight slip your mind, then you
should drink up so you can convince yourself that I’m cute
we are an example of why not to fall in love.


I sighed and took another shot of Jack, hoping it’d help me forget everything - like this song said. This song seems like a song that’s too slow and has too many actual lyrics to be played in a club like this.

I looked at the dance floor to see many girls and guys grinding against each other. I saw a certain couple that caught my eye. I saw a familiar head of dark hair and the other had familiar blue eyes. Then I blinked and they changed to two random people on a dance floor.

I signaled for another shot of the Jack and shot it down my throat. I didn’t want to think about him and I didn’t want to see “him” on the dance floor.

A guy sat next to me and got a shot of vodka. I looked at him seeing the too noticeable green eyes that he had. I blinked hoping that they’d fade to the guy’s real color eyes, but they didn’t.

He licked over his lips. “I’m sorry, Wade,” He murmured. He took another shot and signaled for more. He was going to drink himself silly. It didn’t surprise me. I don’t know why I didn’t walk away. Because I still care about him. I stayed sitting beside him as he continued getting alcohol into his system.

He grabbed my hand and gave a crooked smile before pulling me from the bar and to the dance floor. He was always stronger than me and I didn’t want to fight with him.

He pulled me flush against his chest and started grinding against me. “I’m so sorry, Wade-ith,” He said in my ear, calling me by his nickname for me. His breath was on my neck and it made me want to give in and forgive him. But I wouldn’t. He didn’t deserve to be forgiven and I wasn’t going to forgive him.

Yet you won’t leave the comfort of his arms.

“What do I have to do to make you forgive me, baby?” He asked, moving his right hand up my arm of tattoos and tracing the cloud on my elbow and moving around to feel all of them. “Cause I’ll do anything.”

I took in a shaky breath as he kissed my neck. “Bryce, I want you to stop,” I told him, my voice wavering. No I don’t. Ignore me and kiss me.

“Wade, tell me that honestly,” He commanded. I could tell he was smirking.

I closed my eyes, sighing in defeat and relaxing in his arms. I didn’t want to keep fighting. I wanted to go home and cuddle with him and just forget about everything that happened. I had ignored him for almost a whole month and he let me. He knew I was angry and he let me be angry at him. But now, he seems to want me back.

…It makes me feel wanted.

Bryce kissed my cheek, softly. “I love you,” He told me, softly. “C’mon, let’s go.” He took my arm in his and started pulling me to the exit. We walked to his house since both of us were intoxicated and his house was close enough we could come get our cars tomorrow morning. We got inside and as soon as the door closed he pressed his lips to mine. I melted into him, missing this so much. I wanted time to freeze so that we never fought again and so we were always happy.

I looked into Bryce’s green eyes. “I love you,” I said, running my hand through his hair.

He smiled and kissed me again. We moved to his bedroom and laid down together. I was in his arms and he was holding me close. “Never leave again, Wade-ith. Please stay forever,” He murmured.

I nodded and yawned. “Forever and always,” I promised, hooking our pinkies together.

He kissed me one last time and we fell asleep together for the first time in a long time. It felt right and I didn’t want it to change.