Wish the Cold Away

Two

Chapter 2

“I've had this one picked out since he was a yearling. He's for you Ned. Probably the strongest horse I've ever seen, took me ages to break him.” Cassana sat on the highest rail of the corral, staring down at the sorrel stallion. Ned lent against the fence, eying the horse. The stallion's muscles rippled as Theon Greyjoy cracked a whip, sending the horse in a frenzied circle around the corral. Cassana was so concentrated watching the horse she didn't hear Robb sneak up behind her. His large, rough hands grabbed her around the waist and pulled her backwards. She landed on her ass in quite a large pile of mud.
“Robb what in seven hells do you think you're doing?” Ned asked in a stern fatherly tone.
“Just roughhousing with her Father.” Robb grinned.
“At least help her out of the mud, boy!” Robb extended a hand which she took, but instead of pulling herself up, she pulled him down making him land face first in the mud. Ned's boisterous laugh filled her ears, as she jumped on Robb's back and pushed his face back into the mud.
“Not so fun now is it?” Cassana grabbed a fistful of his curls and pulled his head up. Theon had joined in laughing with Ned by now, both were doubled over.
“What do you two think you're doing? This is no way for proper young men and women to act!” Catelyn half hissed. She grabbed Cassana's arm and hauled her off of Robb. Robb pushed himself off the ground spitting mud, and started wiping it off his face.
“The year's have made you quite the firecracker.” Robb laughed. “Let's call it even.”
“Deal.” Cassana walked over to him, and wiped the reaming mud from his face. Before she could react, she felt his warm lips cover her own. She moved her hand to grasp his upper arm, and pushed him back ever so slightly.
“I think that I have truly fallen for you again.” He said, a dreamy look in his eyes.

Cassana spun on her heel, and took off back towards the castle. She brushed past Jon in the hallway, tears had sprung to her eyes by now and were threatening to spill over. Slamming the heavy door to her room, she fell in a muddy heap to the floor.
“Cassana...Are you okay? Let me in, dove.” Jon's voice called through the cracks in the door.
“No. Fetch my chambermaid, I would like to bathe.” Her voice was cracking.
“Yes, my love.” She heard Jon's feet depart, and just as quickly a light pair of feet padded up.
“I'm here to fetch your bath, my Lady.” Cassana stood and let the maid inside. Standing behind her was Robb. He looked at his feet.
“I'm sorry if I upset you.” He reached out and wiped her cheeks clean of tears. Cupping her face, he tilted her head back. “When you've finished bathing, I would like to request your presence on a ride. I would be most honored.” She nodded and he kissed her again. This time the fire of it spread through her, and she grabbed his shoulders. Cassana pulled back gasping, her lips reddened. Robb smiled at her and kissed her forehead. “I'll be waiting for you.” He left the room, closing the door quietly. She touched her lips. What was she doing?
“My Lady. You're bath water is ready.” Dazed she turned and let the maid undress her and she stepped into the hot water. The maid scrubbed her body clean and proceeded to comb out her wet hair. “May I ask what's wrong My Lady?” Cassana played absentmindedly in the water as she spoke,
“I'm in love with both of them.”
“Oh My Lady, if I may be so bold, I'd say take them both.” Cassana smiled, wishing it were that easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
shortshortshort.