Is This What It Feels Like?

I Hope So.

Image

I never really realized the differences between me and other people. I'm always to trapped in my thoughts to notice the way they stare. I also never really had any friends, sure I've talked to people but none of them know who I really am. "Rodney!" I hear my mama's voice traveling up the stairs. I sigh, "Yes mama?" She peaks her head through the doorway of my room. "Didn't you say that you were going to visit Mrs. Noki today?" I nod at her "Yeah, I told her I'd be there 'round 12." she raises an eyebrow, "It's tweleve oh five." I jump off my bed, slip on my shoes and run pass my mother downstairs to the kicthen. "When did it get so late?" I mutter quietly to myself grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "When you took an hour cat nap." I roll my eyes heading towrds the front exit. "I'll see you later mama!" "Be safe!"

I nod walking out to door down the block, her house wasn't so far that I couldn't walk there. Mrs. Noki was an older woman who moved to our neighborhood about six month ago. One day I decided to stop by and welcome her and we got along great. She started to tell me stories about her and her life growing up in a small town in italy. I told her stories about my life too, not that there was much to tell. She told me that she liked the company, so I decieded to visit her two or three times a week. Sometimes I feel like she's one of the only ones who gets me. As I walk up the walk way to her house I see a forgien car in the drive way. Could she have a visitor? I'll guess we'll find out. I walk up to the door and knock.After a few seconds the door opens to reveal Mrs. Noki. "Oh! Rodney, you're here. Come in. come in! I want you to meet my grandson. Hes come to live with me this summer." I guess that answers the car question.I smile at her and walk into the house.

"Garrett! Vieni giĆ¹, abbiamo compagnia (Come downstairs, we have company). " She yelled in italian through the corridor, I didn't undertsand a word. "Coming Nonna (Grandmother)!" A thickly accented voice called from down the stairs, it was simlpely one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. When I saw him walk through the doorway, my mind was put into a fantasy land. If I thought his voice was beautiful... it was nothing in comparsion to his looks. He had mediumish long black hair with a fringe hanging over one eye, that matched up with his olive skin tone. His eyes were a gorgeous shade of milk chocolate and he had a lip piercing on the rigth side of his perfectlly pink mouth. "Rodney, this is my grandson Garrett. He's visiting for italty this summer. Garrett this is Rodney, he comes here and spends time with me." My eyes widen "Italty?" his accented filled chuckle filled my ears.

"I was actually born in Oregon, but my parents and I moved to Italty when I was 15." my eyes widen "How old are you now?" He smiles, "I'm 19." You got a thick accent quick." I mused before I could stop myself. He laughs, "I just now noticed how different my voice sounded then a couple of years ago, I guess thats what happens when you live in a country surround by nothing but the native langauge." I nod, "How old are you anyway?" "I'm 18." He noded, then a slow smile creeps up his gorgeous face. "I heard how you've been visit my grandmother, I think thats really cool." I smile, "Well, yeah she's pretty awesome." Mrs. Noki laughs "You're lovely to have around, most kids today are... how you call it... assholes." I giggle slightly at her swearing.

"Yeah, I'm kinda different I guess." Garrett smiles. "Different is good. " I smile. Mrs. Noki yawns, quite fakely I may add. "Ah, I'm tired. Rodney, you should should Garret around town. The... the things to see." I nod, "Sure, I'd be happy too." She smiles "Good, now out now! Shew shew, I need to take a nap. Then I'll start dinner, thats at 5. Your mother's inviited too." I girn, Mrs. Noki was always the best cook. "Thanks, I'll be sure to tell her." I look towards Garrett and gesture towards the door. "After you." When we get outside I sigh, his brows furrow. "What's wrong?" "Your grandma totally just set us up." He laughs "Is that a bad thing?" I smile "I guess not." He looks around "Where are we going to go?" "Well if we want to go anywhere in this town were going to have to use a car." "Let's use mine." I shake my head. "No, mine." He just shrugs and follows me as I walk toward my house.

He grins as soon as he see my vintage volkswagen beetle. "That's a beautiful car." I grin right back. "I know? I found it in a sale when I was 14, I've been fixing it up since, I just finshed last year." His eye brow raises "That's impressive, I could never do anything like that." I look down, feeling blood rush to my cheeks. "Not really." he scoffs. "Stop being modest." I smile "Thanks." We both slip into to my car and I drive off to the more populated part of our town. "So what is there to see?" He asks as if this will take forever, I have to stifle a laugh. "There's not much to see, just the strip with a couple of stores and cafes as well as the grocey store. Have you had lunch yet?" "No," "Good, cause I was thinking that we should eat something in my favorite cafe then maybe we could look around in the stores. After that I thought I could show you the park. " I could see him smile from the corner of my eye, "I'd like that."
We pulled up to the La Cafe and quickly went inside. "They have the best sandwiches." We sat down and a pretty red-haired girl named Leya came to take our order. "Hey there Rodney and friend, What would you have?" I looked to her and said "Leya, this is Garrett. He's Mrs. Noki's grandson, he came here to live with her over the summer." her eyes widen, "Really? Well it's nice to meet you, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around here. It's not that big." he just nods back at her in a sort of awkward way. "I'll have a sprite and a club snadwich by the way." she nods and looks towards him. "Water and a casesr salad please." She smiles. "I'll be right back with that." And walks away. "Why where you so awkward with her?" I say a bit stunned, it was like he was a diffrent person. "Well, I'm not that confident when I talk to new people." My brows furrow. "What about me?" He smiles "Your different." I blush and she come back with our food.

After we finsh eating, I pulled Garett along to the shop and stuff around town looking at trinkets and hats as well as other thing. We did that for a few hours before I decided it was time to go to the park. He looks around a strange glow over takes his features. "It's pretty here." I smile, "If you think this is pretty just wait." I grab his hand and pull him into the woods, we walk for a couple of minutes (Garrett complaining and begging me to tell him where we were going the whole time.) before ending up in a clearing filled with wild flowers and other beautiful plants. I hear Garrett gasp beside me. "This.. is.. gorgeous.." I smile and nod. We stay here just talking about everything and nothing until I look at my phone and the time says 4:52. "Shit, we should go." "Where?" "To my house to go my mom then back to yours." He smiles "Okay."

*********************************

Garrett's been here for two weeks and we've been closer than ever. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like him.. because I do.. Alot. I Feell a buzzing on my thigh. I ship my phone out of my pocket and look at the message from the one person thats been plaguing my thoughts for days. Meet me at the spot? I quickly text back a Sure :D before sliping on shoes and runnig out the door. I got there in the matter of minutes. walking to the clearing seeing Garrett thre smiling holding a muticolored rose. When I reach hi he hands it to me. "It's beautiful." he whispers "Not as beautiful as you." My cheeks heat up. "I know, I haven't knowen you for a long time... But I like you Rodney, I really do. And 'd be honored if you would go out with me." I throw my arms around him with an of course. He grins pulling me closer into him. "Is this what it feels like?" I look up at him confused. "To fall in love with someone after only a short amount of time." I smile slowly saying "God, I hope so." before kising him softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, I hope its Good :D

1,582 words (Holy Shit. thats The most I've ever written for a one shot.) (: