Kiss It Better

Kiss It Better.

His name was Gustav Shӓfer. He was known as the quiet teddy bear. He was there for people, supported people, wouldn’t let anyone give his family any crap. No one ever thought bad of the 5’7” blonde man. But that all changed on 8th October, 2011.

He sits in his dark, cold and empty cell, laying on his hard bed as he closes his eyes and covers his head, tears threatening to fall down his rough cheeks.

He didn’t mean to have done what happened. He couldn’t use alcohol as an excuse as he hadn’t consumed any in over 24 hours. He just simply heard something that he didn’t like, and to top it off, it was by his worst enemy. They had a history and unfinished business and Gustav completely lost it. He knew someone with a gun so he borrowed it and went to find the man he hated the most.

The cold night of 8th October 2011, Gustav found the man he detested and pulled him away to a nearby alleyway where he pointed his gun to the young man’s head. As he pulled the trigger, Gustav’s lover ran and got in the way of the bullet that was already in mid-air and it shot right through her chest.

Every time Gustav now closes his, all he can see is that smoking gun and how he ran away like a coward. And as he ran, his love of his life was in his arms, slowly bleeding to death. He held her hands which had become ice cold as he kissed her pale face softly, telling her that everything will be alright, but the two of them knew it wasn’t going to be. It was going to be far worse then alright as she slowly died in his arms.

Gustav lay his girlfriend on the cold ground and with tears streaming down her face, she cried;

“Kiss it all better, I’m not ready to go. It’s not your fault love, you didn’t know,” she stared into the blonde’s eyes and whispered with her last breath, “You didn’t know.”

Her eyes then closed shut and her breathing came to a stop.

Each time he remembered that smoking gun, the range inside of him grew and he’d say, with his fists closed tight; “I’ll avenge my lover tonight.”

Gustav Shӓfer attended court for a little under a month and now, 2nd November, 2011, he was pleaded guilty and sent to prison for 25 years and the only thing he dislikes about it is that she is not in his arms, but that’s the price he’s got to pay.

He wasn’t able to bring her back with a bullet to the heart and it tore his world apart.

A picture of the young woman is stuck to his cell wall. The only thing he has left of her and he promises to keep it with him forever to never forget his true love. But all the small piece of paper is, is a simple memory.

Every night, he looks at the small picture, a picture of the two holding each other and madly in love, and says;

“Stay with me until I fall asleep. Stay with me.”

And in response, he hears her soft, gentle response;

“Kiss it all better, I’m not ready to go. It’s not your fault love, you didn’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
it's really short, i know. but i was listening to this song last night & thought it would make an 'okay' one shot :)
Song: He Is We - Kiss It Better