‹ Prequel: Skinny Love

For Emma

Your love will be safe with me.

For Emma,

How are you doing, sis? I hope you’re well. The house is so empty without you. Even the cats miss you, they wait in front of the door every night. They’re waiting for you to come home. And so am I. I know you like it in England, and that you still like Nick, but I need you, Em. I need you here next to me. This house is so lonely and the world is so big, without you in it.

This all sounds probably way too dramatic, but you know me, eh? The drama queen. I’ve been counting the days for you to come home. Eighty-three to be exact. I’ll survive that, won’t I?

How’s Nick doing? And how’s… Asher, was his name right? You only told me once about him. I want to know more about him, Emma. I want to know every single thing about him, like I used to tell you every single thing about my boyfriends!

I can’t wait for you to come home, Emma. I’ve got a surprise for you. It may be little right now, but one day it’s going to be big, and it’s going to be so beautiful. I want you there right beside me when it’s coming. I want you back in my life. I never realised that these nineteen years of my life, you were always there right beside me. I never knew I could actually breathe without you. I actually thought you were the other side of me.
But you were, and you still are. I hope you’re doing well, sis. I hope you’re doing okay. And if not, make sure to call and I’ll be there. I’ll pick you up from the airport, and I’ll take the first plane to England. I’ll make sure to beat up the person that made you feel bad. I did that ten years ago, and I’ll still do it. I love you, Emma. Please, be safe and happy.

Much love,
Pip.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided I'm going to do this story in letter form. Emma moved to live with Nick (the guy she fell in love with when she was sixteen). Pip, her twinsister, didn't move with her, because she just moved in with her boyfriend.
There's a time skip between Skinny Love and this story, for about three years, which makes Emma and Pip nineteen, and Nick is twenty-six.