Andy

these are a few of my favorite things,

He was beautiful, inside and out. He had eyes that grabbed your soul, a smile that touched your heart, and a voice that could light up your entire world. It was perhaps these small, superficial things that made me love him most.

But maybe it wasn't those three things; for a fact, I knew it wasn't. Maybe it's the way he's so driven that made me fall so deeply, madly, and inexplicably hard for him. Maybe it was the compassion for those around him that made my heart carve his name into itself. But maybe it wasn't any of those things, either.

I doubt I'll ever be entirely capable of even comprehending these feelings that cannot be rectified for this boy - this man - is able to make me feel. The subtle pushes of encouragement, the compassion, and the unfaltering faith. Maybe it was these three things combined with the first three things that made me love him.

Still, I know that it isn't any of these, either. I have come to realize what exactly made me love him so dearly and it only took me three, nearly four years to do so. It was the way that those cyan, tantalizing eyes shone with mesmerizing, glistening passion whenever he was doing what he loved - and that, what he loved, was to sing for the world.

Though that mystifying boy will never love me in return, I am completely content with that. As long as I have memories of those eyes, visions of that smile, and his voice is constantly heard - I'll be content with the love never being reciprocated. Because when you truly love someone, they don't have to love you back; they just have to be breathing, smiling, and changing the word.

And that is exactly what my dear Andy is doing and I pray that he will always be breathing, always keep that smile, and continue to change the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just something short that I wrote because I wanted to get my emotions for him out there. I wrote this at 2 this morning and it's probably the most real thing I've written in awhile.