Status: Completed. :)

Dear John

stay around maybe I can be a better me

Vienna sat on top of the roof, a red cup filled with a liquid she was scared to drink. Even though her best friend, Pat, had filled it, she never trusted anything or anyone. She trusted only herself, something she was taught throughout her years. And now that she was eighteen, free to make any of the choices she pleased, she was going to go against what people told her to do. Whether they liked it or not.

She slowly looked down beyond the ledge and towards the ground to find only a couple of people standing in their usual places, smiles on their faces as they drank their intoxicating liquids and began pressing their lips against the others. Of course, it just had to be the make out spot for everyone. She rolled her eyes, wondering what happened to hiding out in the bathrooms or bedrooms instead of doing it out in the open.

Slowly tipping her cup, she poured the liquid out of it while it splattered towards the people around. They quickly stopped what they were doing to look up at the sky, which Vienna hid herself quickly with a smirk on her face. That was probably the best thing that had happened all night.

Vienna stood up and made her way into the open window with a smile on her face to be met with someone's green eyes and a killer smirk on his face. She bit the corner of her lip softly and made her way passed him, the smirk still covering the familiar face.

Once she put her hand on the doorknob to turn it, his raspy voice was out in the open and it was officially clear who it was.

"Vienna, what are you doing here? You were never the partying type.."

She closed her eyes tightly and turned her body to look at the tall and skinny man in front of her. He was no longer a boy anymore. The grey beanie covered his messy hair, there was a hint of a mustache growing while he wore his usual. The black skinny jeans with a plaid shirt to go over his v-neck.

"I was invited.." Vienna said, setting her empty cup down on the dresser that sat in between the door to leave and, what she thought, was a closet. He slowly made his way towards her, setting his half full cup down next to her's.

"But, whenever I invited you, you always turned me down." he said, stopping in front of her with a skeptical look forming on his face. She let out a sigh and looked up at John's familiar face and beautiful eyes that used to make her weak with just one look.

"Pat had no one to go with. So, obviously being the nice one, I gave in and said yes," she admitted softly, shrugging her shoulders as the smell of his favorite cologne, the alcohol and the scent of cigarette mixed together, something that used to seduce her so well.

"Right.. 'Cause you recognize this room is Garrett's. I mean, the walls and the bedspread slightly give it away," John said, letting out a soft laugh as Vienna sighed again and looked around the room before shrugging her shoulders slowly.

"You know what? Maybe I did want to come, but the only best part about being dragged into it was, you weren't involved. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be!"

As she began to open the door, John quickly closed it and leaned down so his breath was hitting her neck. Any other time, she'd get the chills or have goosebumps crawling up her arms, but instead, she cringed.

"I miss you, Vi.." he said, using the nickname he once was allowed to call her. She bit her lower lip, closing her eyes slowly as his forehead rested against her shoulder. He wasn't going to get under her skin, not like before.

She quickly opened the door to be met by many stumbling bodies heading up the steps or either down them. She looked around before a pair of arms snaked around her waist from behind, trying to pull her back in the room.

She groaned as John picked her up and off the floor, his foot shutting the door swiftly as he sat her down on the bed. He kneeled down in front of her, his hands resting on her thighs. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, looking away from him.

"Vi, tell me you missed me, too.." he whispered softly, only audible for Vienna to hear herself. She closed her eyes slowly and looked down at the Vans she chose to wear tonight. Shaking her head slowly, he sighed and sat next to her, a frown on his face.

"Why not?"

"It doesn't work that way, John."

"Then lie to me. Tell me you miss me.. Please." John said, begging. He knew he sounded pathetic, begging for one girl's attention when he could have anyone that walked through the house now, but he loved this girl.

"I'm not going to lie to you, John.. That's stupid." Vienna said softly, pressing her lips softly against his cheek before standing up and opening the door.

As she walked out of the room and into the smoky hallway, she was met by Pat coming from the bathroom as he quickly fixed his zipper.

"Can we get out of here, please?" Vienna asked, Pat nodding as he walked out of the house with Vienna following close behind.

There was no getting through to John, and she knew that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Money Honey / This Century



Hope you all enjoy it! :) Pleasepleaseplease comment and subscribe?

Later on in the story, you'll figure out what's going on. Just give it some time.