Status: Completed. :)

Dear John

you left them runnin' through my head

Vienna got in the car with Pat by her side, the car harder to breathe in than she expected. She knew how bad Arizona's continuous humid weather was, but just this once, she'd like to be able to breathe. She ran a hand through her shoulder length hair before looking over at Pat who searched for the right key to fit into the ignition.

Letting out a small laugh, she pointed towards the car key as a smile spread across his still boy-ish face. He matured somewhat, but his boy qualities and immaturity still existed. It didn't surprise her any.

"What would I ever do without you, V?" he asked, starting up the car with an accomplished smile on his face as he began to drive away from the house. She shrugged and rested her arm out the window before staring into the rear view mirror.

That's when she found him standing there, piercing green orbs on the car that began to leave the neighborhood. She let out a soft sigh and rubbed her face before resting her head on the back of the seat. As she closed her eyes, there was nothing more she wanted to do then leave Earth for awhile.

The memories haunted her more and more each day, starting from the time she first met him, to their first date, to the constant fights over phone while he was on tour or even in person. Or the time she trusted him so much that he was able to take away her virginity only at the age of seventeen. But she didn't regret that much, because he was still lying next to her in the morning and never treated her differently.

He was sweet and caring, his personality and taste in music stuck out like a sore thumb and his love for the music was something that could never be changed. His looks and eyes were just a plus, but she was beginning to wonder why he would ever fall for a girl like her.

A girl like her didn't have many girls who were friends. She stayed away from them, realizing they caused drama when they didn't understand a joke. But being with guys was totally different, despite the constant rumors that floated around her high school.

And those were one of the reasons why she couldn't trust any person anymore.

* * * *


Vienna woke up the next morning, in the apartment she shared with Pat, to the sound of voices being heard from the living room. She checked the time on the nightstand next to her bed, realizing it was only going on nine in the morning.

One of her biggest pet peeves was how much of a morning person Pat really was.

She sighed, getting out of her bed and stretched before walking out of her bedroom to find Pat seated next to John and Kennedy. She mentally groaned to herself as she walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her as she heard quiet whispers.

So, they weren't allowed to talk in front of her now. Not a shock at all.

Jumping into the shower, she quickly washed her body and hair before washing the soap, shampoo and conditioner off before getting out. She looked around the foggy bathroom, grabbing a towel off the stand and wrapping it around her nude body.

She opened the door and walked out, not caring who saw her. She looked towards the living room to find the guys all engrossed in their conversation. She was even surprised John hadn't taken at least a peek. But, then again, she didn't want him to.

Vienna put on something to be comfortable in today, knowing that it was only a Sunday. She brushed her hair and put it up into a loose bun before walking out of her room and into the living room. Kennedy greeted her with a smile while John stared at her in longing, taking in everything he must have missed from last night.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the remote from Pat quickly, changing the channel with a smile on her face. The Kardashians were on, something she did enjoy. The three boys that sat together on the couch glared at her as if she had done something terribly wrong.

"Oh, please. John, you used to watch it all the time. Pat, you do watch it. And Kennedy.. well, you need to watch it!" Vienna said, pointing to all three of them with a small smile forming on her face. John scoffed and rolled his eyes, Pat mumbled while Kennedy just stared at her in disbelief.

"I get enough of that whole treatment from my wife, jeez!" Kennedy exclaimed, a frown forming on his face as he crossed his arms. She smiled at the word 'wife', knowing that one of her good friends, Tori, had married the guy of her dreams. At least someone had gotten it right.

"Maybe me and your wife are meant to be or something," Vienna admitted, shrugging her shoulders with a smile on her face as a chuckle escaped past Pat's lips. Kennedy shrugged also before sitting back comfortably in his seat.

"So, what's the plan for today?"

Pat looked over at Vienna before opening his mouth to answer her question as he was quickly interrupted by John's raspy voice.

"Just trying to figure out where we're going to practice for the weekend since Pat's parents will be away.."

Pat glared over at John as if it were his duty to tell her before nodding his head with a recovered smile on his face. She nodded her head also before standing up from her seat, walking into the kitchen as the boys watched her.

She grabbed a bowl from the cupboard, beginning to make her cereal before she heard footsteps and a person's presence behind her. She bit her lower lip before turning around to be met face to face with his green eyes again. Thee green eyes that made her body weak in every way.

His eyes slowly shifted down to her hand to find the ring he had given her on her birthday. Her eighteenth birthday, to be exact. He bit his lip, hoping there was a little hope left for him. He looked into her chocolate brown eyes, a soft smirk forming on his perfect face.

"May I help you with something?" she asked, raising an eyebrow before she turned away from him, finishing her bowl of cereal and taking the marshmallows out of it, putting it in her mouth as she chewed them silently.

"You're wearing it.." he said softly, running a hand through his hair slowly as he watched her turn her body back towards him. Her expression was unreadable. He didn't like it so much. "Why?"

She slowly shrugged her shoulders, looking up at John.

"It was a gift. I don't neglect gifts."

"Right.. Vi, can we please talk about, us?" John asked softly, a hint of pain to be heard in his voice. She chewed on the inside of her cheek softly before looking up at him.

"There's nothing to talk about now, John. I'm sorry."

And with that, Vienna walked away from him. She didn't know if she had done the right or wrong thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wish You Were Here / Avril Lavigne



Such a filler.. Don't you hate it?

Comment & Subscribe, my loves! :-)