Status: Completed. :)

Dear John

i wore a dress

Tori laid back on Vienna's bed, her hair sprawled out messily on the pillow. She looked over at her best friend and gave her a wide smile before poking her cheek. She was only happy because Vienna was going out on a date. A real date, with her boyfriend's best friend. It was like fate.

Tori rolled her eyes at how nonchalant Vienna was really being about the whole situation. But all she needed was time. And once that doorbell rang, her heart was going to pound out of her chest and her face was going to turn bright red while her palms began to sweat, with how bad that really sounds.

She quickly got up and pranced her way over to Vienna's closet of clothes, going through them with a small frown on her face at every pair of jeans and shirts she had found. There was nothing good, ever.

"Where's the dress I gave you?" Tori asked, glaring over towards Vienna with a shake of her head. Vienna sighed and got off the bed, bending down to get the dress she normally hid from anyone who came in the room. Tori gaped at her foolish behavior before snatching the dress away from her.

"It's still good! I mean, there's no dust bunnies or anything on it! I mean, you should be pleased. My brother hides pizza under my bed. No stain, no foul!" Vienna exclaimed, a wide smile forming on her face as if it were to make the situation better. Tori only shook her head and sighed, a frown on her face as she crossed her arms.

"You're lucky I love you! Besides, you're going to a really nice, really expensive Mexican restaurant. I want you to at least look good," Tori admitted, holding the dress up to Vienna's small body. A smile came on her face as she looked at Vienna's blank one.

"Go take a quick shower. Get the school stink off ya!"

To Vienna, that was slightly an insult. She took the dress from Tori and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

After fifteen minutes of a shower, Vienna walked out into the dress that Tori had given her. Tori suddenly stood up and put her hands over her mouth, a wide smile on her face. Vienna rolled her eyes and looked down at her bare feet.

"Oh, no worries. You put the heels on last that way your feet won't hurt as bad. Now, brush your hair and keep it down and put on the jewelry," Tori started, handing her the correct jewelry she should wear, "then I'll get done with your hair and makeup and you'll be ready in no time!"

* * * *


By the time she walked down the steps in the most uncomfortable heels she had ever been in, her younger brother looked up from the video game he was playing. His jaw dropped at what he was seeing, blinking a couple times to make sure it really was her.

"Practice walking in those heels! I really don't want to get a call from the hospital," her mother, Mia, said as she entered the room and sat down next to her brother, Tommy. Tori smiled at her accomplishment before watching Vienna pace back and forth in front of the TV.

"You know, Mrs. Stewart, how come her choice in style didn't come from you?" Tori asked, sparking up a conversation. Vienna only rolled her eyes as she heard the doorbell ring. She sucked in a deep breath as Tori smiled and pointed towards the door.

"Go get it!"

Vienna rolled her eyes how Tori had suddenly become so demanding. She made her way into the foyer, opening the door to find John in a nice pair of black slacks and a plaid shirt with the long sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He slowly looked at her up and down, a smile forming on his face.

"You look.." John started before Tori interrupted the two, wrapping her arm around Vienna's shoulder.

"Amazing? Yeah, I think so, too!"

Vienna rolled her eyes as she invited John in, a smirk on Tori's face as she saw how the height from the heels matched up to just about how tall John was.

"Good to see you too, Tori," John said sarcastically, causing Tori to flick him off as she skipped back to the living room. She almost reminded Vienna of a five year old going to get an ice cream cone.

John and Vienna stood in complete silence for a couple of minutes before John opened his mouth to finally break the comfortable silence that they stood in.

"You ready to go?"

"Yes.. Please, get me out of here," Vienna said, practically pleadingly, causing John to chuckle as they both walked out of the house together. She looked up to find the big white trunk, a smirk forming on her face as she pointed towards it.

"So, it's not the sweetest ride in Arizona, but I love my truck," John admitted, shrugging his shoulders as they walked out towards his truck. Vienna laughed softly and got inside of the truck with him, a smile on her face once she saw that a CD had been playing.

"You do like Tom Petty, right? If not, this date is so not worth it!" John said jokingly as he began to drive away from the big house she resided in for only the next couple of months. Vienna laughed and shook her head slowly.

"My mom and dad listened to him all the time, so I kind of had to deal with it." Vienna admitted, John smiling as he nodded slowly.

Throughout the car ride, John learned a lot about Vienna. She had a brother, her father served over in Iraq. They barely had contact with him, only through Skype every Saturday night he got to rest. The Skype conversations never lasted long though, only a quick hello and goodbye.

John's story wasn't as tragic as Vienna's. His parents were still together and he had two other brothers, Shane and Ross. He was in a band, hoping and praying they'd get a record deal. He admitted he wasn't that great with dates or relationships, Vienna agreeing with him. He was suddenly comfortable now that he knew she was also out of her comfort zone.

As John parked the car, they looked at the empty parking lot. John let out a groan and stomped his foot on the floor of the car. Vienna chuckled and shook her head at his immature behavior.

"I swear, they said they were open tonight!" John exclaimed, looking at the closed restaurant. Vienna only continued to laugh at John's rant about the restaurant. She could swear her face was heating up every time she laughed and how bad her stomach hurt. But it was a good hurt.

John slowly looked over at the laughing Vienna before joining in with her laughter. She could have sworn they sat there and laughed for what seemed hours. But, it was only about five minutes.

* * * *


"Okay, not exactly what I had in mind," John admitted, his truck sitting outside of Taco Bell. Vienna laughed softly and took a bite out of her soft taco, John's smirk widening on his face. He expected to take her somewhere nice, not a fast food restaurant.

"Well, at least we got a good laugh out of it," Vienna said, shrugging her shoulders as John agreed with a head nod as he chewed on his taco. She let out a soft sigh, realizing how bad her feet did hurt. John raised an eyebrow as he looked over at her.

"You look as if you're uncomfortable.."

"At least someone notices! I mean, these damn heels aren't cutting it for me. And this dress.. Well, it's pretty and all but I never wear 'em. Just.. I blame Tori," Vienna said bluntly, rolling her eyes as John chuckled and shook his head.

"Kennedy and Vienna make a good couple. Always demanding and happy."

Vienna nodded in agreement as she began unzipped the side of the ankle boots and sliding them off. She then vowed herself never to wear heels that hurt more than ever before.


Vienna stood next to Jared at the night club, both making grimaces at the way Kennedy and Tori continued to grind on each other. It made her want to vomit, but after awhile, she learned to ignore it.

"Come dance with me, Stewart!" Garrett exclaimed over the music, a smile on his face as he reached out for her hand. He was lucky it was changing to a slow song, because she would have turned him down at the snap of a finger.

Vienna grabbed his hand and walked out to the dance floor with him, her arms automatically wrapping around his neck as his hands stayed above her waist. One of the many things she respected Garrett about. Although he was shy, he didn't jump into things with a girl.

After what seemed like thirty seconds of dancing with Garrett, John came over and cut in, causing Vienna to let out a soft groan. This boy just couldn't take no for an answer. Always so stubborn.

John slowly wrapped his arms around her tightly, the way he used to hold her. She bit her bottom lip, hoping not to shed a tear. She wasn't in the mood to cry tonight. She slowly rested her chin on his shoulder as he slowly looked over at her. His green orbs looked into her brown ones, giving her a small smile.

He wasn't going to mess this up tonight. Not when he had her this close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today Was A Fairytale / Taylor Swift



It's kind of long.. And I literally smiled while writing it. :-) It's just.. so cute.
They're just that cute.

Please, comment & subscribe.
Thanks for commenting,
MorganLovesHalvo
thescenekid


No need to be a silent reader!