Status: Completed. :)

Dear John

i love you boy, but the timing just aint right.

Vienna stood in the parking lot in Washington at the festival. Her and Jared threw the football back and forth to each other while Kennedy and Tori sat in a lawn chair. Kennedy kept a beer in his hand while Tori feared the football and squealed whenever it came to close to her. Her two friends and boyfriend only laughed at her normal behavior before continuing their game of catch.

Once the ball was passed back to Vienna, she looked behind her to find another tour bus making its way behind The Maine's. She shrugged her shoulders and passed the ball back to Jared as A Rocket To The Moon walked off of their bus and into the cool weather. They all made their way over to Tori and Kennedy with their arms crossed.

Nick, lead singer of A Rocket To The Moon, looked over at Vienna and smiled as he made his way over to her. Her eyes widened at the sight of him coming closer as she dropped the ball out of her hands. He chuckled before putting her in a headlock, making a fist with his hand and rubbing the top of her head with his knuckles.

This was the way they greeted each other. Always.

"Nick!" Vienna exclaimed, glaring towards the ground as she tried to get out of his tight grip. But, that didn't help much. She was stuck.

"Hey, Vi!" Nick replied back with a smile on his face before letting go of her and walking back over to his group of friends. She glared towards his back before kicking his ass, watching him let out a groan and place his hands over his backside.

Vienna smiled and before she knew it, she was being chased by Nick. She let out a loud laugh as they circled around the buses a couple of times before making her way into the bus. She heard Nick's heavy footsteps making their way up the steps as he entered the bus and she quickly went to the back lounge, shutting the door and locking it.

She let out a sigh of relief and pressed her back against the wood door, her breathing heavy as she slid down the door with her eyes closed.

"Am I interrupting something?" John asked, raising an eyebrow towards Vienna as he sat on the leather couch with the remote to the TV in his hands. She jumped at the sound of his loud, raspy voice and covered her face with her hands, recovering from the scare.

"Jesus, John. You scared the shit out of me," Vienna said into her hands as the sound of her voice was slightly muffled. He chuckled and shook his head, unpausing the TV show he must have recorded awhile back on their way to Washington.

"I hope not."

Vienna rolled her eyes at his childish sense of humor before standing up and looking at the TV. That 70's Show was on with Red yelling at Eric for some reason; Mostly because he had gotten into trouble. She smiled and made her way over to the couch and sat next to him.

"I'm pretty sure that's the closest you've gotten to me all day," John admitted, a small smile on his face as she shrugged her shoulders and quoted the line from the show. His smile only widened at the smile on her face. But, that smile wasn't towards him; Although, he wished it was.

They sat in silence as she fast forwarded through the commercials. John only watched how content and comfortable she looked, remembering how content and comfortable she once looked with him. Now, she looked like she wanted to kill him, or she always gave him the distant look he hated so much.

If only he could change that. But he didn't have a chance.

* * * *


John opened his eyes to find Garrett slapping his shoulder. His vision was slightly blurry, but it came back soon once he blinked a few times. Garrett looked confused and suspicious as he looked at John and the girl next to him.

John raised an eyebrow before looking over at Vienna. She had her head rested on his chest and her eyes were closed. His arm was placed tightly around her, as if she was going to disappear any time soon. He slowly loosened his grip on her and sat up.

He had no recollection of falling asleep with Vienna. He remembered her sleeping on the couch across from his. And he remembered finishing off That 70's Show before he closed his eyes to get some kind of rest, but instead he fell asleep.

As he rubbed his face and ran his fingers through his messy hair, he slowly looked up at Garrett who had a smirk on his face.

"Hope you have a fun weekend," Garrett said, walking out of the back lounge with his bass in hand. John glared after him before mumbling a 'fuck you' under his breath.

"Vienna.. Vi, come on. We're about to go on," John said softly, shaking her shoulder as she groaned and turned on her side with her back towards him. She was always hard to wake up, unless she was excited for something.

"Vienna, get up or I'm carrying you off this bus."

Vienna turned on her back as John stood up, holding her arms out towards him like a three year old. He sighed and picked her as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kept her head rested on his shoulder with her eyes closed.

Once he made his way to the side stage, everyone gave him a weird look as if he had put something in her drink to make her sleep and even be close to him. Pat chuckled and pinched her cheek, which instantly woke her up.

She glared over at her best friend and slapped his cheek as John put her feet on the ground.

"Pinch my cheek again, you will be wearing that snare drum as your helmet from this day forward," Vienna said, everyone around her letting out a laugh as Pat's jaw dropped and he crossed his arms, his back facing her. She smiled as Tori made her way over to her best friend, nudging her arm.

"What was going on between you and John?" she asked curiously, raising an eyebrow as Vienna furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nothing. I was just.. he wanted me to see the set!" Vienna said quickly, gesturing towards the guys that were now on stage and the girls screaming. Tori rolled her eyes and grabbed her friend's arm as they made their way towards the merchandise stand.

Vito almost looked stressed with how many people stood and waited anxiously to get a poster, shirt, or a pair of shorts with The Maine's band name on the backside of them.

Vienna made her way through the crowd of girls, bone rushing half of them to get behind the table. Tori was the nice one, apologizing for Vienna's not so odd behavior.

"You alright there, Vito?" Vienna asked as she grabbed a sized small shirt out of the box and handed it to the girl as she gave her the correct amount of money. Vito shook his head with a sigh, grabbing bracelets out of a small bucket and handing it over to one of the brunettes who was wearing short shorts and a halter top.

Groupie.

* * * *


Once the guys were done meeting fans, everyone decided to tour around the festival. Kennedy, Tori, and Nick ventured off to a deep fried concession stand. That left Vienna, John, Jared, Pat, Eric, Andrew, Garrett, and Justin in a group together.

Vienna smiled up at the ferris wheel as she pointed up towards it.

"I wanna go! Anyone coming with?" she asked as she ran towards it. Pat and Andrew followed behind as everyone else stood as they watched the three of the them get on the ride together.

Vienna sat in between Andrew and Pat, placing her hands on their thighs as the worked gave her a weird look. She smiled before looking between Andrew and Pat.

"So, boys.. Threesome later?" she asked, winking towards them both as Andrew yelled a 'Yeah!' and gave each other a high five above Vienna's head. She let out a laugh as the ride started, the guy still giving the three of them awkward looks.

The ride went on for a couple of minutes before he ended up stopping it. He unlocked the metal gate as they all climbed out with smiles on their faces. As they stood on the platform, she wrapped her arms around Andrew and Pat.

"Time for that threesome, isn't it?"

"Hell yes!" Andrew exclaimed, a wide smile on his face as they all got off of the platform and onto the grass, loud laughs escaping their mouths.

"That dude was so gullible." Pat admitted as they walked away from the ride with everyone following behind. She laughed before looking over at the haunted house. Everyone stopped in their tracks and smiled as they followed Vienna inside of it after showing the guy their wristbands.

John stayed behind Vienna as they walked slowly through the house. She slid off her Ray Bans and hooked them onto her plaid shirt. Once she walked towards one of the walls, a guy with a bloody mask and chainsaw walked out of the room. She screamed and ran the opposite direction with John, his hand in hers.

As they made their way up to the second floor with everyone giggling behind them, Vienna let go of John's hand. She would be damned if she touched him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Held Her A Little Too Tight / Austin Gibbs




Hey all! :-) I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I kind of enjoyed writing it, obviously. Also, I'm in definite need of comments! The more comments I get, the more I'll update this. It'll get me motivated. So, don't be afraid. I don't care if it's an 'Update soon.' or just an 'I like this chapter.' Whatever feels right to you. Out of you fifty-five subscribers, ya'll can't be so shy.

Also, I have a new story! Please, comment on it. I would like to know if I should continue it or not:
Wash Away My Sins

Other than that, have a nice, fulfilling Sunday night!