Status: Completed. :)

Dear John

we lose ourselves in between

Vienna, Kennedy, and Pat sat on the floor around the coffee table of the hotel suite they were staying in. Vienna had her back against the couch, a position she found comfortable as she looked at her Uno cards. She then grabbed her beer bottle off of the table, taking a sip of the disgusting liquid as it ran down her throat.

Vienna wasn't much of a drinker, but Pat and Kennedy declared that if she wanted to play Uno with them, she'd at least have to drink beers with them. Vienna had witnessed Kennedy drink multiple times at parties and whenever him and the guys went out. But as for Pat, Vienna had hardly witnessed him ever drink.

She remembered going out for New Years Eve with the guys and Tori, all of them drinking. And things for Pat had gotten crazy. He then vowed he wouldn't drink as much as he did like that night. Every now and then, he'd chug down a couple of beers with hope that no one saw, but he was never as drunk as everyone else around him was.

"Vi, I see your cards," Pat admitted, looking straight into the four cards that were in her hand. She let out a groan and punched his arm, receiving a groan escaping Pat's lips and a chuckle from Kennedy before he took a large gulp from his, still cold, beer.

"Now you know why I never play games with you! You're such a little cheater!" Vienna exclaimed, glaring towards Pat as he slouched, looking at the two cards that were in his hand with a frown. She wasn't going to give in and feel bad for him, not this time.

Once Kennedy laid down a blue skip, it was Vienna's turn. She smiled over at Kennedy as Pat threw a fit before placing down a draw four card, changing it to yellow. Kennedy groaned and rolled his eyes, picking up the four cards from the deck and groaning again. Pat and Vienna smiled at each other, watching Kennedy pout.

After about their five game and a couple more beers, they were all laughing for no reason at all. The lack of sleep effected them the most, so they set their cards down and called it a night.

Vienna walked into the room she shared with John and hopped into the bed, suddenly full of energy. She had no idea where it was coming from, since she was just complaining about how tired she was in the suite's living room area.

John looked over at her and raised an eyebrow, the comforter covering his entire body except for his head. She smiled and leaned forward to whisper in his ear, a smirk on her lips as goosebumps rose on his arms and chills ran down his spine.

"I'm drunk.." Vienna admitted, chuckling softly as John shook his head and turned on the light, looking at the girl that sat next to him. It wasn't everyday he saw a girl like her bouncing up and down and whispering in his ear.

"You should sleep it off, Vi," he answered her groggily, rubbing his eyes as he watched her lie down next to him, her body slightly pressed up against his. His stomach was beginning to twists and turns whenever she came close to him, and right about now, he felt like he was about to be sick from it.

Her glazed over eyes began to trace the tattoos on his chest softly, and if she messed, she'd start all over again. He watched her intently, afraid that if he made any sudden movements, it'd all go away. He may have been stupid about these things, but he thought he deserved a second chance, even after all that had happened and how many times she had told him that second chances weren't her thing.

His arm wrapped around her as she used it as a pillow before his lips slowly connected with hers. She smiled against his lips as her fingers tangled into his hair, John placing his hand on her lower back as he pulled her closer.

Was the kiss was becoming deeper and they were both gasping for breath whenever they pulled away, Vienna placed her hands on his chest and pushed him away. She slowly shook her head and bit her lip as he looked at her. He was hoping and praying he did nothing wrong.

"I-I love you, John Cornelius," Vienna said, looking into his green eyes.

He could have sworn he felt his heart drop to his stomach. He could barely take all off the fireworks going off in his stomach and bouncing off the walls of it. His mind was telling him to say it back but there was another part of him saying that he shouldn't say it back.

He had to remember that she was drunk. The next morning, she would be at a far range from him. Half the time, she wasn't even near his sight. He let out a sigh and smiled at her as kindly as he could, even thought the reality of the entire thing was breaking his heart. He placed a kiss on her head before shutting the light off.

"Go to sleep, love."

She only nodded her head, as if in agreement with him before turning on her side where her back faced him. He turned on his opposite side, staring at the wall in front of him.

Those simple words we going to be stuck in his mind for forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
You Kill Me (In A Good Way) / Sleeping With Sirens


It's short. :( Sorry!

Please give me some feedback. I'd appreciate it!

Also, my attempt at a new Garrett Nickelsen fanfic:
Young & Dumb