A Moonlit ***

The First Night

"Ma'am, we need to know what happened."
"I don't remeber. It all just sort of, happened."
"Well did you hear anything? Was anything suspicious the past week or two?"
"All that I heard was a loud "bang" and a scream. When I ran into my daughter's room, there was blood. Blood absolutly everywhere."
"Did your daughter recieve any kind of threatening "note" or letter before this all happened?"
"Jaime was a good girl. She never did anything wrong. Her grades were good, she had good friends, how could anyone do this to her? She had so much going for her."
"By "so much going for her" what do you mean?"
"Jaime was leaving for Julliard next week."
"I see, excuse me one moment."

Detective Benson left Ms. Abrahms alone. In my thought, not the smartest idea only because I had lost my father and Ms. Abrahms had lost her high school sweet heart and husband of, this moth, twenty-seven years. He's not here but Ms. Abrahms and I still always celebrated his birthday, and their anniversary. We lost him in the middle of the night, he didn't go peacefully either.

*Flash back*

Mr. Leonard Abrahms was coming home from a late night at the office or so Ms. Abrahms thought. On his way home he, Mr. Abrhams, stopped at a nearby grocery store to get something to drink. While he was walking into the store some drunken idiot hit Mr. Abrahms. The forensics lab told Ms. Abrahms and I that Mr. Abrahms was hit by a large truck, probably a Ford F-350, or a Dodge Ram 2500, at speeds of over fifty miles per hour. Ms. Abrahms, not believing this so easily, asked "But how can you know this by just looking at a dead body?"
"There were metal pieces found on the speed bump that traced back to a large truck. We are still verifying what kind of truck. Also, if this had been a smaller car, a Chrysler Cebring perhaps, at impact your husband would have flown over the top, but instead, his arm was crushed, his skull fractured, and has a leg missing which detective McCallister found ripped to shreds by the exit."
"And what exactly does that tell you?"
"It tells me that at the point of impact your husbands head hit the grill or hood of the vehicle which fractured his skull. His arm was shattered so that tells us that your husband was under the vehicle at some point and his arm was ran over."
"The leg, how the hell do you explain the leg then?"
"The leg. While your husband was under the vehicle his leg got caught on something underneath and was torn off. When the vehicle made that turn at the exit to get out the leg fell or flew off of whatever it was caught on. You're lucky you even have this much of him left."

So you see, with first her husband dying and now her daughter, things aren't looking too bright for Ms. Abrahms. The things she doesn't know, are even better.

"Detective. Have you heard anything new?"
"Ms. Abrahms, we are doing the best that we can. We just can't figure out where your dughter's body is."
"What do you mean? Did the body just up and leave the crime scene or something?"
"No. There was no body at all. It's seems as though the murderer took the body with him."