A Maslow Love Story

Garrett

You arrive at LAX and see your brother sitting outside with a depressed look on his face. He sees you, stands up, and gets in the car.

You:"Hey, what's wrong?!"
Garrett:"I'll tell you when we get home."
You:"Ok...Garrett, this is my friend, James. James, this is my brother, Garrett."
James:"Hi! (yn) has told be a lot about you."
Garrett:"Has she now?!"
*you blush and James smiles at you, then Garret's smile is gone in an instant*

When you get to your place, you all get out and go inside. You sit on the couch and motion for Garret to sit by you.

You:"Now will you tell me what's wrong?!"
Garrett:"Well, you know that I live with my dad still but I pay rent right?!"
*you nod*
Garrett:"The reason I need a place to stay is because he kicked me out. He's a f*cking drunk and he has no respect for me, my brother, or my sister!"
James:"Wait! This is your dad?!" *points to you*
You:"No. All of my brothers have different fathers. We are still related because we have the same mother."
Garrett:"Yeah...I didn't want to tell you on the phone because I could tell that you were having a good time and I didn't want to ruin it."
You:"It's ok, Garrett! Only...when did he start drinking?"
Garrett:"Right after he lost his job."
You:"I'm sorry."
James:"What exactly happened?"
Garrett:"I was at a friend's house for the weekend in Oregon and I got home this morning. I called him for a ride because my friend picked me up and drove to the airport. When he got there, he told me that I had a week to get out and that he threw all of my things out of the house and that I wasn't welcome anymore..."
*he starts tearing up*
Garrett:"...and I wish mom was here!"
You:"I know..." *you rub his shoulder* "I wish she was too!"
*he cries into your shoulder and you end up crying to because it kills you to see guys cry. Then James puts his hand on your knee. You lift up Garrett's head and wipe off his tears*
You:"You know, it's not ok when you cry on you baby sister's shoulder. Cause it makes her cry too!"
*he smiles and laughs*
You:"There's my Garrett!"
James:"You guys hungry?"
Garrett:"Sure."
*James calls and orders pizza while you turn on TV to calm Garrett down. You see that Zoolander is on*
You:"JAMES! Guess what's on?!"
James:"What babe?"
You:"Only your favorite movie ever!"
*he quickly sits by you and puts his arm around you. Garrett just laughs*

As soon as the movie ends the pizza arrives. You bring it to the living room and start talking and Garrett tells you the crazy times he's had with his friends.