A Maslow Love Story

Meeting James

When you wake up the morning you are craving coffee. You jump out of bed, throw on shorts and a tank and some flip-flops. The coffee shop you found while trying to find your apartment isn't that far away so you walk.
The line is a little long. You pull out your iPod from your back pocket and listen to it while you wait.
When the song was done, you get that feeling you get when someone is looking at you. So you turn around to find a tall, brown hair and hazel eyed guy behind you. He smiles at you and you are confused because he keeps looking at you.

You:"Uh...Hi!"
??:"Hi!"
You:"What are you looking at? If you don't mind me asking!?"
??:"Not at all...I just can't get over how pretty of a girl you are."
*you blush*
??:"So what's your name, beautiful?"
You:"(yn)."
??:"James. Are you new here in town?"
You:"Yes, I just moved here from Illinois last night."
James:"Oh wow! Long flight huh?"
You:"You have no idea!"
*he laughs*

When you both reach the counter, you order some coffee and James, being a gentleman, pays for you. You don't object. He asks you to sit with him and you agree.
You sit and talk about how big the city is and how you both grew up. After only talking for 15 minutes, you find out that you both have more things in common than you thought.

James:"So...what's your story?"
You:"What do you mean?"
James:"Well, when someone moves out here to LA, they all have a story about what they want to be and why they come out here."
You:"Um...I came out here to escape the small-town drama and to have a new start and continue my life."
James:"Cool! Wish I could do that."
You:"Well why can't you?!"
James:"I never really have time to. I have to keep up on my music, filming, and tours. It would be nice to take one week, and surf and just relax."
You:"I can respect that."
*James smiles at you*
You:"Well, I guess I should go. I still have unpacking to do."
James:"Do you want some extra help?"
You:"If you want to?!"
James:"I don't have to do anything until my manager calls me so...let's go!"