You

Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk

“Dean! Are you listening to me? Dean!”

Dean snapped out of his trance and looked at his girlfriend. Lisa looked like she was holding back a few cuss words but she also had a playful smirk on her lips. “Yeah?”

Lisa shook her head causing her dark black curls to bounce. “Well if you were listening, then you would have heard me in the first place. I asked if you wanted to hang out this weekend or something.”

“Oh. Yeah, that sounds cool with me. How about you come over to my place tonight? I think Sam’s girlfriend is coming over and that would make me feel like an awkward third wheel if you weren’t there.” Dean laughed before looking over Lisa’s shoulder again.

They were currently sitting at a lunch table together. The lunch room was overrun and crowded with teenagers and it was almost impossible to hear your own thoughts. Lisa and Dean had managed to sit at their usual circular table by themselves. Their other friends had managed to ditch school earlier leaving them alone. While he had been looking for other people he knew, Dean noticed that there was a peculiar kid that stood out from the rest. Dean was rather popular at school and he knew every person at his school, but he had no clue that this one was.

Before he knew it, Dean felt a small tap on his hand. Lisa had hit him on the arm and was glaring at him. “What’s wrong with you? You’re not listening to anything I’m saying and it looks like you’re seeing a ghost or something.”

Dean shook his head. “I’m sorry Lis. I really am trying to listen but there’s some kid over there that I don’t know and it’s bothering me.”

Lisa turned around and scanned the surrounded teenagers. “Do you mean that one in the trench coat?”

“Yeah. Do you know him?”

Lisa shrugged her shoulders before turning back around. “He’s a new student. I think yesterday was his first day. He’s in one of my classes. He has a really weird name.”

“Really? What is it?”

“I can’t really remember it. I think it started with a ‘C’ but that’s all I can remember. I think it was something biblical.”

“Hmm, that’s weird. He’s probably some freaky religious kid.”

“That’s mean!” Lisa said but a giggle soon escaped from her lips. She took a bite from her hamburger before quickly spitting the piece right back out. “Ugh, this food is horrible. You think after nearly four years we would have gotten use to it, but that’s not the case. It seems like its gotten worse.”

“Yeah, but they have good pie!”

“They only serve pie before holidays.”

“Your point?”

Lisa rolled her eyes. “Ugh, I need to get up and throw this crappy food away.”

“I’ll do it,” Dean offered. He stood up and grabbed Lisa’s plate before putting his own underneath hers. “I’ll be back,” he said as he began walking toward the trash can. Whistling softly to himself, he wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings when all of a sudden-

“Oh shit, I’m so sorry!”

Dean had always had a short attention span and right now was just another moment to prove why. While he wasn’t paying attention to anything, he had managed to bump into somebody and cause both trays too spill on them. Too make matters worse, Dean looked up and saw that he had ran into the boy who he had previously been trying to figure out who was now currently covered in rejected food.

“I’m so sorry,” Dean repeated while frantically wishing to disappear. He bent down and picked the two trays up and placed them on an empty table nearby. Then he went to go check on the other boy. “I never meant for this to happen.”

The boy didn’t say anything but Dean could practically feel the heat radiating from his face. Dean looked up and was met with the pair of most startling blue eyes he had ever seen. He was at a loss of words, but luckily the other boy began speaking.

“It’s… okay.” He slid his tan coat off before folding it and tucking it in his elbow. “I just hope that never happens again.”

Dean was about to reply, but he soon felt a tug on his arm and saw that Lisa had joined them. “What happened? I heard a loud crash and then I see you standing here.”

“It was an accident,” the boy with the blue eyes said. “We accidentally bumped into each other and that’s it.”

Lisa frowned before looking at Dean. She cast him a suspicious look. “I’m sorry; I’ll make sure my boyfriend doesn’t do anything like this to you again.”

“Its fine, no serious damage was done.”

Just as Lisa grabbed Dean and tried dragging him out of the cafeteria, Dean stopped in his tracks. “Hey, what’s your name?!”

The boy turned around and cocked his head. “My name is Castiel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
837 Words.

:)