You

Brotherly Talk in the Impala

Sitting in literature, Dean tapped his pen against his paper before looking back at the clock. He sucked his teeth when he saw that he still had nearly fifteen minutes left before the bell rang to release them. He blocked his teacher out who kept lecturing them about old British books and their importance to society and all the hidden meanings.

What was on Dean’s mind was the guy that he met in lunch. Well, ran into.

Castiel.

Who in the hell had a name like that? Not anybody that Dean knew or anything that he had ever read had a name similar to that. Not that Dean ever did that much reading. Whoever says that they read Playboy for the articles was a liar.

But back to the boy with eyes that would make the sky blush. Dean was going to have to ask Lisa what class she had with him. Maybe they would get to know him and he could be their friend. He did look rather lonely.

“Mr. Winchester!”

Dean suddenly dropped his pen and looked at his teacher who was glaring back. “You didn’t answer my question.”

“What question?”

The teacher huffed. “Would Jane Eyre be considered a feminist novel?”

“How am I suppose to know? I quit reading books in about the third grade.”

“You’re dismissed. Please, just leave the classroom. Be ready to right an essay the minute you walk in.”

Dean didn’t have to be told twice. He hurriedly closed his notebook and shoved his pen in his pocket. He got up from his desk and ignored all the dumbfounded looks on his fellow classmates. He walked out of the classroom and slammed the door on his way out. He would be glad when the rest of the school year got out. This was his final year and so far, it sucked majorly.

He made his way through the empty hallway and out of the building. Dean made his way to the parking lot and smiled when he saw his car. Even if he was having the worst day of his life, just a little joy ride in the Impala lifted his moods. He dug his car keys out and opened the door and sat in the driver’s seat. There was still about five minutes of school left.

Dean drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. Normally Lisa would have ridden home with him, but it was a Friday and she had cheerleading practice. The only person he had to wait for now was his younger brother, Sam. He was a freshman and totally naïve in every sense, but even at fourteen, he was the smartest person that Dean had ever met.

Speaking of Sam, the bell had just rung and everybody was walking out of the school. Sam spotted the Impala and walked up to it. “Why are you so early Dean?” He asked while opening the backseat and throwing his heavy book bag in it. “I normally have to wait for you and your posse.”

Dean turned the engine on as Sam gingerly slid into the passenger’s seat. “I got kicked out of class.”

Sam groaned. “Again?”

“Sammy, don’t rag on me now.”

“I’m not Dean,” Sam said while buckling up his seatbelt as Dean reversed out of the parking spot. “I know that this is your last year and everything, but just don’t blow things off. You might fail and have to repeat the year over.”

“Don’t say things like that.”

“I’m just pointing out the obvious.”

“Well don’t.”

“Bye the way, where’s Lisa?”

“She has cheerleading practice.”

“Oh.”

“Where’s your girl?”

Sam smiled. “She had to ride the bus home today.”

“I could have driven her home with us. Why didn’t you ask? I like ol’ Becky.”

“I really like her and everything, but I just need some time alone.”

Dean laughed. “You’re just nervous. I’m pretty sure she’s your first girlfriend.”

Sam blushed. “Shut up Dean! Just because I don’t screw with everything that wears a mini skirt.”

“Shut it Sammy, or I’ll make you.”

“Whatever you say. Oh guess what?”

“What?”

“There’s some new kid in my super advanced AP class and he’s like, totally strange.”

“Stranger than you? I don’t think that’s possible.”

Sam ignored his older brother’s sarcastic remark. “He wears this long coat and his hair is kind of messy and he talks in this super deep voice. He is so smart though. I’m surprised he hasn’t graduated from college already. I felt kind of bad for him today, though. He came in class clutching his jacket because somebody spilled their tray all over him.”

“It was an accident!”

Sam turned to look at Dean and laughed. “It was you? Haha, smooth move dude.”

“Say another word about it and I’ll knock you out of the door. Then you can tell me how much fun it is walking by yourself.”

The rest of the car ride was silent and somewhat awkward. Sam had pulled out his iPod and had his earphones in. Dean kept his eyes on the road, but there was one thing that was bothering him.

Why did he go so defensive and embarrassed when Sam brought up the lunch room disaster with Castiel?
♠ ♠ ♠
872 words.