Status: ...

Past Shock

Prologue

I  stared up at the cloudless blue sky. The crisp summer air was filled with the smell of fresh cut grass and Ms. Lois Little's freshly baked Apple Pie. I liked the crisp summer warmth though, I couldn't wait for the cool winter air that was fast approaching.

I closed my eyes thinking nothing could ruin my perfect afternoon. That is-- until a rock landed on my forehead. I jumped up with a squeal that seemed to high for a seven year old. Loud howling laughs sounded from my right. I looked over to find Zayden, my horrible neighbor and Daddy's best friend's son, rolling around on the ground.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" I shouted rubbing the soon to be bruised spot on the middle of my head.

"Because there's never anything to do and you're always around." He had stopped laughing and stood up. There were bits of grass in his black hair.

"Mommy says it's because you love me. Do you love me Zayden?" I hated him. I really did. The thought of him in love with me was amusing but made me want to puke.

"You're such an idiot December! How could I like a stupid little bitch like you?" My mouth dropped at his use of one of the forbidden words. My eyes bulged and teared up and I tuned away and ran home.

#######################################################################

I crept over silently and commando style like I'd seen in all of those military movies. When I caught sight of my target I clutched the rock in my hand and brought it back over my head before snapping my arm forward and watching it hit December's forehead. She left up with an earsplitting screech. I rolled over laughing so hard it hurt.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" She shouted rubbing the spot the rock hit.

I stopped laughing and stood."Because there's never anything to do and you're always around." Which might have been true. I wasn't sure if she actually had any friends.

"Mommy says it's because you love me. Do you love me Zayden?" I hated her. I really did. Would she ever shut up about that?

"You're such an idiot December! How could I like a stupid little bitch like you?" Her mouth dropped at my choice of words. She began crying and ran home as far as I could tell.