Status: ...

Past Shock

Four

I listened to Mom drone on and on about how she thinks the wedding should go before letting others put in their half-assed opinions. I had agreed to go along with that stupid plan of his but I never said that I would like it. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if I should just give it up and strangle him to death. I sounded like a good idea but then again who knew? Plus I really didn't want to spend time in prison.

Someone asked what I thought about something and I mumbled a "Sure," just so they would leave me out of it. Then Mom proceeded to talk about honeymoon plans and possible destinations and stuff we'd be doing and I really didn't want to hear anything about that. And that wasn't even the worst part. They're planning a pre-wedding trip that was absolutely positively mandatory.

"Lillith," Charles, Zayden's dad, said, "why don't we leave the young ones to themselves and celebrate the joining of our families over a nice glass of Brandy."

"Make it Crown Royal and you've a deal, Charles." Mom said. The four of them stod and left the room.

Rhys looked between Zayden and I who sat on opposite sides of the room. "What do you two have planned."

"Only to sabbotage what is sure to be the absolute worst night of our lives." I said. Ryhs's eye twitched. "Don't look at me like that! I was dipshit's idea."

"The Queen Bitch agreed on it!" Zayden said.

"Don't make me come over there. I will have no problem blacking your other eye."

"Try it. I was plenty strong enough to hold you down during the struggling in your room."

Rhys gasped. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What?!"

"Easy," I said to Rhys. "I attacked him and he managed to pin me down and stay like that until I dromised not to hurt him for five minutes."

"I could see the tears in your eyes as you did." Zayden began. "Having to promise someone as great as I not to marr a face as beautiful as this a second time." He gave a dramatic sigh. "I know it pained you."

"Oh shut up. You're just mad because I got the first hit in. If you'd have recognized me for me insted of some random dead chick you'd have been smart enough to run."

"If memory serves right, said dead chick was your best friend."

"Until she started dating you. She knew how I felt about you."

How did you feel about me?" He seemed a little too perky for my taste when he said that. The apologizing I could get but this?

"Let me give you a hint. There is malice in my veins; my hearty burns with the hatred of your name. That any help?" God I hope it was. if he actually thought I'd ever like him like that we would have some serious issues with this little plan of ours.

"Aw, I love you too." He said sarcastically. "I'm sorry though, my heart belongs to someone else though."

"You mean the fun sized snickers in your pants."

"Oh my god shut up!" Rhys yelled. "You," He looked at his brother and pointed an accusing finger. "keep it in your pants. And you," He looked at me and did the whole finger thing. "I can guarentee you still would've gotten the first punch either way. You're gorgeous and I know for a fact that's what Zayden thought when he first saw you. He just said Julie to cover his ass."

"Damn, Rhys, whose side are you on?" Zayden asked, obvious shock registered in his voice.

"The one that make's more sense and doesn't sound like a fucking retard is running it."

I started laughing as my sidekick started vibrating my back pocket. i hopped up with a yelp and retrieved it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Baby. What are you up to?" Oh, that voice. It had me sinking back into a chair with a satisfied smile on my face everytime I heard it.

"Derek!" My face lit up and the two brothers in the room with me just looked confused. "Nothing really. Planning the slow painful death of my parents. Again. What are you doing?"

"Well, at this point I'm staring at your front door. Can I come in?"

"Of course! I'm in the front room. Love you."

Love you too."

I hung up the phone and looked at Rhys. "I thought you were gay."

"So? Since when did that dictate wether I could tell a girl she was gorgeous or not?"

"Well in that case thank you. Although it doesn't help that I'm pretty sure you could do my make-up better than I could." Derek came in then and swaggered over to me, kissing me on the cheek. He was obviously aware of the other two males in the room.

"Hey, Babe." He said as I stood and wrapped my arms around his waist. I stood on my tippy toes and pressed our lips together hoping to erase any doubt form Zatden's mind that there was anyway the past could be forgotten if what Rhys said was true.

"Hey." I whispered against his lips. He glanced sideways at Rhys and Zayden who were sating at us with identical looks of dismay. I pulled away from Derek and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, right, I forgot. You remember Zayden and Rhys Lairender, right?"

"Vaguely. Zayden was the one that hurt you correct?" Derek asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

Derek turned to Zayden. "Damn," he chuckled. "December got you good. I'm surprised you're still in one piece."

It was Zayden's turn to chuckle. "I'm surprised you're still in one piece after all these years. How did you survive? We weren't even in the same room for two minutes and I got hit. The she tried to attack me earlier."

"Maybe you should learn to stay out of my room." I said.

"What?" Derek said.

"Oh god," I said. "Cut it with the jealousy shit. I was having a break down November was with me and Zayden walked in so I tried to strangle him, he pinned me down and voila! Now, is there anything else we have to discuss that couldn't possibly wait until tomorrow afternoon? It's got to be around midnight and I'm tired as shit, my make-up is still a mess, and I would like to spend some quality time with my boyfriend." Silence. I smiled and tugged on Derek's hand, leading him toward the stairs and my room.