Status: Active! (Kinda...)

911! She's Breaking My Heart For Fun

The Long Bus Ride There

I lay down onto one of the bunks and closed my eyes, desperately trying to sleep. It was 2 am and Jordan’s new guitarist could not stop snoring. No amount of foundation could ever hide the deep circles that were blooming around my eyes.

To make matters worse, it seemed that Jordan had gotten a new driver too. We hit every pot hole in the road and it sent nearly everything flying off the counters and the tables where they were left.

“You awake?” I heard Jordan ask.

I smiled, “Yeah, just contemplating how much makeup I’m going to have to put on tomorrow morning.”

“You wear make up?”

I chuckled, “Yes, I do you moron. I can’t look as good as I do on my own.”

“Well that’s just a matter of opinion.” He said. I could hear the smile on his face. “And don’t worry about it, we won’t reach LA till Friday so you’ll have all day tomorrow to sleep.”

“Why do you take such good care of me?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” I threw my pillow at him but I missed and it fell like a lump to the floor. “Now I really don’t know. My mom told me not to hang out with girls with a bad shot.

I tried again and hit my target, “Okay, I give up. You win. My mom loves you”

“Damn right she does.” Jordan replied.

“So what you wanna do in Las Vegas tomorrow?”

“You’re taking me to sin city when I can’t even drink or gamble? What kind of friend are you?”

He laughed, “The cool kind that just happens to be in a band. I hear those are very popular now.”

“Did you now? Because I thought for certain girls are into nerdy, geeky types that grow up to be rocket scientists and help them with their homework and all that.” I was of course making fun him for his D average in high school which he always managed to get despite any effort he took to raise his grade.

“No, slackers are where it’s at.” He said coolly.

“Not to my mom you’re not.”

“Your mom loves me.”

“No, she just pretends she does.” I said teasing.

“Fine, then I’ll just send you back to her.”

“No!” I said a little too quickly.

He laughed again. “Fine, in a few hours we can stop and star bucks and get a little breakfast, k?”

“Sounds good to me. But just so you know, you’re paying and I’m going to need a whole lot of coffee to keep me awake.”

“That’s okay; I’ll just have to take some money out of Andy’s doughnut fund.” We both laughed as we looked at the large snoring guy on the top bunk