My Dilemma

This Little Girl

Everyone decided they would all contribute to this somehow. Ingrid and Joey were going to bake, Jimmy was going to create all the posters, Meghan was going to advertise it around the school and town, and Brittany and Luke were going to sing. Jimmy would sing a little too, which was great.

It was even cooler cause Meghan knew some bands that were going to help us. Bands like He is WE, who knew Owl City, who knew Taylor Swift, who knew all of those Disney stars. But sadly, we couldn't get them all. Somehow through that giant chain of people though, we were able to get The Ready Set, which made me extremely happy.

We decided to make a little extra cash, we would make cds with recorded versions of the songs to sell. Luke had a recording booth in his basement that he offered to use. In a way, I was almost thankful for my dad because this brought my friends and I closer.

Of course, this wasn't actually a benefit. It was a concert still. All the money would get divided between everyone, which if successful, would leave us each with about a thousand. And even though that's not a lot separately, together it's a lot.

I arrived at Luke's house to start practicing slash recording. Everyone else was here already, helping out in some way. Even his parents were helping out, which was almost a little odd since we hadn't met.

I knocked on the door and walked inside. I felt so awkward in my batman shirt when all the other girls were wearing something a little more feminine. But oh well, it wasn't important.

I waved to everyone as I passed them. Ingrid and Joey were in the kitchen, Jimmy was in the dining room, drawing and practicing his guitar in between pictures. Meghan was on the deck in the back on the phone while Brittany was practicing her guitar and singing in the living room. I walked downstairs to meet Luke, dropping my bag at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey." I smiled gently, taking my hoodie and glasses off. He looked over and smiled.

"Are you ready?" He asked, holding a guitar up. I shrugged a little bit.

"I guess. I'm a bit nervous though." I admitted, sitting on one of the two bar stools. He walked over, making sure the microphones were at the correct level.

"Don't worry about it. Just relax and be yourself." He smiled. I nodded a little bit. He decided that we would do a youtube video first and sell the song on iTunes since he had a bit of a following all around the internet. I nodded a little bit, still unsure.

"This song isn't what I'm used to though. I'm not used to slower songs." I said. "Or duets." I added. He chuckled.

"You're not used to a lot of things." He teased. And suddenly, I felt fine. Fine enough to punch his arm.

"Shut up!" I smirked. He laughed, catching my fist. I whined as he held my fist. "You're mean, I don't like you."

"Take it back Echo." He smirked, twisting my wrist a little bit. He was making sure not to hurt me too badly.

"Nah, I'm fine." I smirked. He twisted it a little more. "Okay ow!" I yelped. He instantly let go, but grabbed it against gently.

"I'm sorry! Is it alright?" He asked, panicing a little. I smirked and punched his arm, not missing this time.

"Yup! Let's play." I grinned. He smirked but sat down and grabbed his guitar. He turned his camera on with a remote and started playing the song we had worked on last night.

"You seem quite nice for a girl with good looks and I'm the kinda fellow that'll make you feel better when your life gets shook. So give it a chance according to your plans. I bet I'm not number one on your list to kiss, but please understand." He sang, watching me a little. I blushed a little bit.

"You seem quite shy, but you're oh so cute. And I'm the kind of girl that would love to be yours if you asked me to. So just take a chance, try to hold my hand, I swear I'd never let go. Just let me know if you'd be my man." I danced a little bit as I sang. I could hear my voice echo.

"I really want to come out and tell you. Oh darling, I love you so." He moved his knee up and down a little as he sang, moving his guitar back and forth as well.

"If you'd ask me for my heart, there's no way that I'll say no." I smiled as I sang, still not sure how to act still.

"Oh darling, just take a chance please." He kept glancing over at me.

"So we can stay together till hell starts freeze." I relaxed a little, breathing away from the microphone.

"You seem quite right for a boy like me." He sang, tapping his foot. I could see Joey quietly walk downstairs, eating a cupcake. It took a lot in me not to laugh.

"And I wanna know would you treat me well? Would you treat me like a queen." I sang the last part loudly like Luke had told me to earlier.

"Cause I'd like to show you and make you see that although we're different types
We were meant to be." He sand, his voice overpowering mine a bit. I was fine with that though.

"I really want to come out and tell you. Oh darling, I love you so." He sang, starting to repeat the chorus again.

"If you'd ask me for my heart, there's no way that I'll say no." I held the note for an extra second, relaxing my voice.

"Oh darling, just take a chance please." He watched his fingers on the guitar, making sure he was getting the right chords.

"So we can stay together till hell starts freeze." I watched him a little as I sang my part. I wasn't really able to stop myself.

"So I gotta ask you, I can't be afraid. I gotta take a chance at love so what do you say. I really want to come out and tell you. Oh darling, I love you so." He picked the beat up a little faster. As we played, Brittany and Meghan came downstairs as well as Luke's parents.

"If you'd ask me for my heart, there's no way that I'll say no." I sang, keeping my voice at the same pitch as before. I felt a little nervous with his parents watching me.

"Oh darling, just take a chance please." Luke glanced over at his parents, but didn't wave or smile. He didn't want to interrupt the video.

"So we can stay together till hell starts freeze." It wasn't until now that I realized I had been clapping for the last part of the song. Oh well though, everyone else had joined in so I didn't look so dumb.

"Oh darling, I love you so." He tapped his guitar so it sounded a bit like drums.

"If you'd ask me for my heart, there's no way that I'll say no." I smiled a little as I sang, not wanting to make this too boring. I mean, of course with the music and Luke, it'd be interesting.

"Oh darling, just take a chance please. So we can stay together till hell starts freeze." I sang along with him on the last line, which he had no problem with luckily. He shut the camera off, and set his camera down. I sighed in relief, and leaned back. Except there was no back of the chair.

I screamed as I hit the ground. "Ow." I whined, sitting up a little. Luke helped me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking down at me. I nodded.

"Yeah. I seem to have some weird relationship with your floor though." I said, referring to the last time I was here when Joey, Meghan and I fell. He chuckled.

"That was fantastic! I can't wait for the video!" Joey grinned excitedly. I giggled.

"I'm probably going to have a face like this the entire time." I teased, making a derp face. Everyone laughed, including Luke's parents. Oh right! His parents were here.

"Mom, dad. This is our friend Echo." Luke introduced me as if on cue. He put his hand on the middle of my back, and gently pushed me towards them. I walked over and shook their hands.

"Hi. It's nice to finally meet you." I smiled. I hate meeting parents. You have to make a good impression, and then they expect you to act like this 24/7 which is annoying. His mom nodded in response while his dad just looked away. I looked at Luke for a minute, confused.

I waited until his parents went back upstairs before bringing it up. "Is your dad okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, my dad is the equivalent to your mom." He shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOA!
I'm SO sorry I haven't updated in half a month! D: but I've been busy with friends and babysitting. Wahh. xD
i'm trying to get more updates out, so just bear with me please? ^__^ <33

Comments? :D:D

-Ashley Dawn