From Paris With Love

Welcome To Paris My Love

I walked through the city of Paris slowly, taking in all the scenes. I was just like any other tourist visiting the city known for its Eiffel Tower and distinctly French roots. I was so enthralled in the sheer beauty all around me that I didn’t even notice when I ran into someone walking in the opposite direction.

“I’m so sorry! Let me help you up,” I said in panicked tones to the young man at my feet. He struck me as somewhat familiar for some reason.

Oh, now I know, I thought in realization. He looks a bit like Matt Smith, very attractive. He even wears tennis sneakers! That thought was quickly followed by, I must have a very unhealthy obsession with Doctor Who then.

For a British girl like myself, Doctor Who was the sci-fi programme to watch every week, and I had been watching religiously for ages. I was very seriously considering buying the entire series for DVD as a birthday present to myself so that I could watch each episode whenever I wanted.

"Bonjour. Bienvenue à Paris, mon amour," he said with a smile, his brown hair flopping funnily in front of his face.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak French." Most unfortunately, English was my one and only language, and I was foolish enough to visit France without the slightest knowledge of the French language.

He rolled his eyes casually. "You'll find out what I mean soon enough," he answered in flawless English, making me blush at the thought of what he could have possibly said.

“I should introduce myself,” I said hurriedly, still flustered from what I had just been told. “Sarah Wilmington. And you? What’s your name?”

“Marcus. Follow me.”

“Marcus who?” I cried in vain. He was already walking away at a decent clip towards the Eiffel Tower. Eager for an answer or two, I turned to follow him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the first chapter is so short, but I promise I'll make up for it in the next one. Since this is a contest entry, I won't go over 5 chapters, but this will probably be only 3. Comments?