Whatsername

They Talk It Through

Divorce. I hate that word. I knew this would happen. It's for the best.

"Yes. But how will we tell the kids? They'll hate us forever." I said.

"They won't hate us forever. They will just hate us for a little while." She replied.

"Ok. But you're the one moving out." I said.

"What? That's no fair!" She whined.

"Yes it is. I paid for the house, and I pay the bills." I explained.

"Ugh....fine." She groaned.

"I'll keep the kids." I said.

"Hell no. You can't take care of them. You're too busy getting drunk." She said.

"I can too. And If I have the kids to take care of then I won't go to the bar. I could keep the kids and you can visit them any time you want." I said.

"No. I'm keeping the kids and that's final!" She exclaimed.

***

On the last 2 days Adie has been avoiding me. I can't believe she's taking OUR kids away. I don't get why we're having a divorce without really working out our problems. I mean the only reason why she's mad at me is because I get drunk every night. Maybe I should go talk to her.

I went to the kitchen, hearing that Adie was ending a phone call.

"Thanks. Bye!" She said and hung up.

"Adie, don't you think we should try to work out our problems before getting a divorce?" I asked.

She looked at me then replied,

"Too late. I already turned in the divorce papers"