Status: I love comments so much lol please enjoy

A Little Piece of Heaven

Thoughts

When I met the rest of the band the first thing I saw was the bond between them. It was like a mini family and everyone was already laughing well they were walking through the door. I was greeted with lots of hugs and questions that I was to confused to answer. I’m guess the story that we were going with was that I was his girlfriend. I was happy with that and was going to go with it.

I pushed some articles of clothing into the gym bag I was given to use as a suitcase. Shadows of course got three suitcases, though I didn’t have that much stuff anyway.

He was humming along to his MP3 as he packed. It made sense that he was rehearsing his songs so that he didn’t mess up on stage. Honestly it was quite depressing that I didn’t get to see them play, but I knew he was still worried that I was planning on running away. I didn’t blame him for that.

“Evy, I got you a sweatshirt.” He smiled. Turning to me and holding up a black sweatshirt that had Avenged Sevenfold written on the top of it. “I was going to get you something you liked, but it dawned on me that I didn’t know what you liked. So I got you the first thing I could think of.” He stood up to walk over to me, tossing it to me. I was soft, and warm on the tips of my fingers. “You’ll get cold.”

I smirked. “Thank you.”

“Of course.” He chuckled. “I’m just glad you’re actually smiling.”

Him saying that made me feel like my heart was mending. Sure this man had kidnapped me, but he has also taken care of me. Had I never met him I would still be in that secluded little apartment, wasting away my days on useless tasks. I think that without him, my life would still be entirely meaningless. At least here I was given something to survive for.

I had to avert the subject before I found myself blubbering my deepest feelings toward him. It wasn’t worth loosing my shield because of his kindness. In all honesty, he is the only one I can trust here. He could still talk to one of the band members about it. I couldn’t take that risk right now.

“Um…Who is going to take care of Lily?” I whispered. Looking up at him with questioning eyes. I guess I still have my cat, I don’t want her starving to death here. I wish I could just take her with us. But I was already told that she would get lost wherever we were going.

“My mom is coming by to take care of the house. She will feed Lily.” He promised. Walking back over to the closet. I felt like I probably made him angry, but I was just happy that I could finish the subject. At least I knew that she was going to be taken care of.

“Shadows?” I hummed, stuffing the sweatshirt into the bag. He made a noise that shown that he was listening to me. “I’m glad you are taking me with you. I don’t know what I would do if I was locked up here alone.”

He seemed to freeze a little bit. Like he felt completely responsible. Which I guess he should. But I didn’t want him to feel like it really was. I guess I was really just over the fact that he did something like that to me. Actually I felt kind of grateful. At least I was finally out of my shit life and nothing was tying me there anymore. I didn’t have to work here, call my mom to inform her that I was okay, pay bills, nothing. Everything was kind of easy here, it was like a getaway.

That made me think of my mom. What was she doing right now? Was she having a panic attack because I was gone again? Were they even looking for me? I felt as though I was thinking of someone in a story book. She never really was a part of my life, I shouldn’t feel sorry for her. In all honesty Gave was more of a family to me then my really family ever was. Even after all he had ever done to me, I always found myself wanting to sneak back to his abandoned house and live in my old room again. He cared, they didn’t. That should’ve been enough for me.

“I wouldn’t have left you here to fend for yourself, Evy. That would’ve been cruel. You don’t have to call me Shadows, just call me Matt from now on.” He turned back to shot a small smirk at me. “Unless we’re in front of them, then it would just be weird.”

I cracked a little smile as well. “Okay. I’ll call you Matt.”