Status: I love comments so much lol please enjoy

A Little Piece of Heaven

Just Breath

“Evy…Evy, honey wake up.” The voice was as familiar as it was frightening. It brought back memories, and I was wondering if I was in Hell. My eyes opened heavily and I whimpered in pain, feeling my chest overcome with the feeling of fire. “Shh, its just me.” My eyes focused and I found Gave leaning over me, his hands pressing against my rib cause tightly. I realized we were still in the alley way, and it was pitch black.

“W-What-?” I had two questions behind that, what are you doing here and what happened. But I found I could barely take in a breath, talking was just to difficult. I whimpered yet again, and he placed more pressure on it.

“Don’t talk, you can barely breath as it is. Just focus on staying alive for me.” When he gathered me into his arms I found a cry of pain escaping my lips, he shushed me once more. “I can’t take you to the hospital, you’re still filed under missing persons and I’m already a witness. I’m going to take you to a friend, and you will have to be brave because I don’t think he’s very skilled.”

He rushed through the dark alley ways with me in his arms, keeping me close to keep my chilling skin warm with his own. I was surprised that he was the one taking me to the closest thing to the hospital we could, I thought for sure he would be the one to leave me here to die.

When we finally got out of the alley way he told me that it was only a block away from here, and when we got there he said they would stop the bleeding at the very least. But I honestly think I barely made it far enough for him to open the door of the tiny house on the street. As soon as the lights of the house greeted us I felt my breathing labor and blackness begin to invade my eyes once more. It was like the pain in my body was over taking me, and soon it would win.

It was like someone had taken a knife to my ribcage and twisted it until my lungs no longer worked. I was scared that my breathing would stop, that I wouldn’t survive. But every time I started passing out Gave would scream at me to keep my eyes open. Maybe it was because I would die if I went to sleep.

Gave began talking to someone, kicking the door shut then shifting his weight to keep from dropping me. “Please, she has two gun shots and I know they’ll take her away if I bring her to the hospital.” My eyes fluttered close, and this time it was permanently.

(The Next Morning)

I awoke to the feeling of someone rubbing something cold against my forehead, also to the sound of arguing in another room. The pain was still unbearable, and it almost felt worse then before. My eyes forced open, even then it was slowly. Someone shifted in surprise and leaned over to see me, the person I saw was a god send.

“Oh thank god.” Syn whispered, moving his hand down to cup my cheek. “Matt has been so worried.”

“You will not take her from me!” Matt’s voice screamed, I found myself jumping out of shock. Syn quickly hushed me and went back to dabbing my forehead with what I assumed was a washcloth.

“We got a call a few hours ago from Gave, he told us that he had taken you here. We didn’t get here in time to stop them, they removed the bullets and burned the wounds shut. It only made it worse, Matt wants to take you to a hospital but Gave won’t let him. You’re only getting sicker by the moment.” Syn explained, pulling the blanket back to reveal my bra and the wounds covered in gauze pads. He lifted them to show me my scarred up blood covered skin. “They’re infected.”

“You are not going to take her to a hospital!” Gave’s voice snapped. “Put her in the RV and drive her to someone who can help her! They will take her away Matt, and this time it will be to the mental asylum!” I took in a hoarse breath at that one, would they really admit me there? I’m not crazy, please don’t send me there.

Syn shushed me once more. “Don’t listen to them, you’ll be fine.”

Matt suddenly walked into the room, dropping whatever he was holding when he seen I was awake. He rushed over to the opposite side that Syn was sitting on and kneeled down. I realized the bed I was laying on was just an uncovered mattress, and the blanket over me was the sheet. There was no box for the bed, the mattress was just laying on the ground. Not only that but it was in the middle of a cement room with a bunch of medical tools scattered about. When I noticed the tools, I noticed the amount of blood on the sheet covering me. Was it my blood?

“Evy.” Matt whispered, leaning down to kiss my covered forehead. Tears welded up in his eyes.

Gave walked in, staying away from the blanket and turning away slightly when he seen the wounds. Syn covered them back up and pulled up the sheet.

“Gave we have to take her.” Syn informed, stroking my hair back a little bit. “She’s having trouble breathing, how long do you honestly think she can last like this?”

Matt winced at that statement, but still nodded looking back at Gave. I felt like I was invisible, like they were fighting over a broken toy. Honestly I don’t care what they do, I just want them to make the fire in my lungs go away.

Gave clenched his jaw. “The longer we wait the closer we get to loosing her. The next town over is a guy that is already waiting for us, he won’t wait forever.”

Matt nodded, and grabbed gauze tape from the tray on the floor. Syn pulled back the sheet and Matt taped the gauze down. They were really going to move me, and I know for sure that is going to hurt like hell.

“I’ll sit her up and you lift her.” Syn informed to Matt. He nodded and Syn slid an arm behind my shoulder blades, Matt slid his under the back of my knees and nodded. They both counted to three then Syn forced me up, both of then wincing when I shrieked out in pain. Gave rushed over and pulled the falling wash cloth off my face and then draped his coat over me. “Don’t shift your weight to much, it’ll make it bleed again.”

“Zach!” Gave called, I heard someone shuffling their weight from outside the room. Matt slowly stood up and Syn kept his hands hovering underneath my body incase Matt dropped me.

“I don’t want to go in there.” I heard Zachy whine, someone sighed angrily and then walked in. Johnny, and he walked over to Gave who was gathering up everything he could find.

Matt slowly started walking, Syn backed out slowly in front of us. Both of them looked like they were afraid to drop me, either that or they were afraid I would pass out again. I closed my eyes and leaned my head heavily on Matt’s buff arm.

“Get everything.” Gave commanded to Johnny. “Anything that we will need has to go, the own is an hour away and I don’t want something stupid to happen.”

“I’m going to puke.” Zachy groaned, his weight making the floor boards creak.

“Just get the door.” Syn growled, placing a hand underneath my back and pushing me closer to Matt. He was careful not to make any hard movements, but it still felt like he was trying to kill me. A whimper lifted from my lungs and I felt tears escape from the brim of my eyes. “I’m sorry.”

I could tell when they finally got outside just because I could hear the pouring rain. Not only was it raining, but the wind was loud enough to where they had to shout over it. It scared me, but it was also kind of ironic almost like the sky was crying for me.

“Great.” Matt hissed. “This’ll hurt her but she can’t get soaked, we’re going to have to run.” Oh god, the pain will be so bad. But Matt is right, the water will make me sicker. I’m already so cold, its going to get worse.

Syn took in a sharp breath. “Do not slip, the RV is a block away still. Be careful and don’t drop her.”

I felt Matt nod and then he sighed, tightening his grip on me. “Please forgive me. Push her up again, I can’t get a good hold on her.”

Syn’s hands grabbed my arm, hooking it around Matt’s neck. He also pushed my legs closely together and slid me up Matt’s arm. “Evy, we need you to hold on to him. Grab this.” He tightened my fingers around what felt like Matt’s hood. I bit my bottom lip and gripped it as tightly as I could. “Go, I’ll be right behind you.” That’s when Matt took off, not sprinting; but running as fast as he could. My true pain began then.

The rain pelted my face as he zipped down the streets, his gasps over powering my whimpering. My chest moved with every horrible breath I took, and it only made the pain more vibrant. The wind felt like it was ripping right through me, but it was also taking my mind off from the pain for a moment.

“Zach, go ahead and pull the couch out into the bed. Get all the blankets and put them on it.” Syn’s voice demanded from behind us, Zach called back and then his feet smacked against the wet pavement as he ran past us.

“Just a little longer, Evy. We’re almost there.” Matt promised only to me, I nodded ever so slowly. Just trying to correct my breathing, but it didn’t look like I was going to be able to. “Zach the door!” Matt snapped, and I heard it slam open and then felt Matt rush inside with Syn at his heels.

I finally opened my eyes again, finding myself blinded in yellow light and the black color of Matt’s sweatshirt. I inhaled as deeply as I could, taking in his scent. Remembering that he was capable of anything, he won’t let me die like this. He just can’t.

Syn looked really tired now that I took a second look at him, it made me wonder how long he has spent taking care of me so far. I hope he can get some sleep, it’s horrible seeing all of them like this. But it really does prove that they care of me, it even proves that Gave still holds feelings for me that I didn’t think existed.

Matt and Syn moved over to the now unfolded bed/couch and they worked as a team to lower my shivering body onto the blankets without damaging me more. It scared me when Matt gasped and turned to the sink, holding his head and swearing loudly. Syn knew I was already scared so he refuse to freak out as well, but I was mostly scared about what they were freaking out about. It was frightening not knowing, maybe I was really dying.

“Matt, you have to help me or she’ll bleed to death.” Syn stated calmly, gently peeling away the now soaked gauze. That’s why they were freaking out? Because I was bleeding again? Maybe it was really bad, worse then I thought. Matt took a deep breath and then turned back to me, sitting at my side. Syn pulled away the other gauze and then looked at Matt. “Its no different from when she was asleep, just pretend you can’t hear her. She’s going to scream but we have to put pressure on it or she’ll die, okay?”

Zachy whimpered from across the room, but still walked over. “C-Can I help?” They didn’t answer him, probably thinking that he couldn’t handle any of it. So he just pulled me up and slid in behind me, laying me against his chest and hugging me around the waist. I didn’t want to scare him, so I bit my lip hard to keep from crying out.

“Don’t look.” Syn demanded. Zach tucked his face into my shoulder blade and I closed my eyes. At that moment they both pressed their palms into one bullet wound and listened to my loud whimpering. It hurt, but it also felt like some of the pressure was relieved. I could actually breath a little bit easier, how that worked I guess I’ll never fully understand. “At least she’s being brave.”

Most weight was transferred onto the RV, and I realized that Johnny and Gave were here now. That means we can get on the road, and maybe I can stop feeling so much pain when we get to where we are going.

“Gave, drive.” Johnny demanded, his weight sitting on the end of the bed. The door slammed and not two second later the RV started. “Here, maybe getting her drunk will stop some of her pain.”

Syn sighed and I felt his hand leave my chest. “No, we can’t have her throwing up tomorrow. Matt, let go. We’ll try the tight gauze again, and let her sleep.” Sleeping sounded good right now, the only question was if I would wake up or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man, whats going to happen......Lol I've got the next chapter half written and I'm hoping to finish it tonight. So I might post again.

COMMENTS PLEASE :)