Status: I love comments so much lol please enjoy

A Little Piece of Heaven

Calm before the storm

The next morning I awoke in the bottom bunk bed that I assumed was Syn’s. Matt was sitting on the end with his laptop typing away, on his body he wore flannel dark green and blue PJ pants. He smiled and leaned forward to kiss my forehead leaving a small smile on my face as well.

“How are you feeling?” He whispered, shifting a little again.

“Fine.” I hummed.

“Look, I’m thinking of getting this for you.” He turned the lap top so I could see it. On the screen was a few pictures on puppies, Rot Wailer puppies. “That way when I am gone I can tried it to take someone’s head off.” I giggled a little bit and gave him a funny look. “I’m not kidding.”

“What will this solve exactly?” I questioned.

He chuckled this time and then pressed a few more keys on the laptop. “It will hopefully protect you from that stupid gang of people that follow us around. I will not let them hurt you again. So, can I get you one?”

I pursed my lips and thought about of it. If he got me a dog I guess he could train it to protect me, but what if it hurt someone that wasn’t supposed to be hurt. But I would love to have another animal, as long as I get to keep my cat. I swear if he makes that dog hurt my cat we’ll have problems.

“Two conditions.” I demanded, he gave me a look that said that he couldn’t believe I was giving him conditions. His head nodded and he waited for my answers. “I don’t have to potty train it and you don’t let it go after Lily.”

He chuckled and then nodded once more. “Deal, but I get to name him.” I agreed to that one.

Later that day Syn, Zachy, and Johnny were back. All of them were hyper and I assumed a little drunk. I was beginning to wonder why Matt stayed home with me all the time, why doesn’t he have fun with his friends? Matt instantly started joking around with them and asked about their day, of course it was filled with many adventures.

“Hey, Evy. Look what I found.” Zachy tossed me that Gir doll Matt had gotten me the day everything happened. I smiled and then hugged it close. “It was underneath the couch.”

“I’m glad you found it, that damn thing was expensive.” Syn taunted, flopping down on the table’s booth.

Matt rolled his eyes. “It was not, besides it was worth it.” He smiled over at me then jumped out of the bunk, walking to the fridge. “Is the next gig tomorrow night?”

Johnny snorted back a little laugh and then shook his head. “No. That would be tonight.”

Matt frowned and made an unnoticeable look over to me. I knew he was worried about leaving me alone, but what could he do about it? What could I so about it? He probably won’t be on his game tonight, and I feel bad that I am probably the reason why.

“Is there someone to watch Evy?” He hummed, opening the fridge and pulling out some apple juice.

Gave smiled from the drivers seat and pointed to himself. “This guy.” I swear both Syn, Matt, and myself shook our heads within twenty seconds. “Why?”

“Because you took her somewhere where they almost killed her. You do realize I don’t even want you in this RV let alone leaving you watching her.” Matt growled. “I’ll be kicking you out of here and leaving her with Tommy.”

I liked how honest Matt was being, and let me tell you he wasn’t kidding. Hell, he even did the unexpected. Because he was so paranoid about leaving me alone with Gave I was picked up and carried right into the concert. Surprisingly I was locked away in their dressing room and left to sleep on the couch. My lullaby was Matt’s singing voice echoing through the halls and underneath the door.

“Shh.” I heard Matt’s voice demand. “God, how drunk are you?” Zachy’s singing voice echoed the hall and they all laughed. My eyes opened slowly while the door’s lock jiggled. While looking over the room I seen empty beers and tossed around clothing. The door popped open and Matt was the first to walk in. He looked tired and sweaty, but as far as I could tell he was sober. “Go out guys, we’ll meet you in the RV later.”

“Deal!” Zachy ran off and Johnny followed them excitedly.

“You’re forcing me to watch to dumb drunks?” Syn whined but still followed with a skip in his step. I swear I’ve never seen them so unhinged, but at least it seemed like he hadn’t had a drink at all.

“So, how are you feeling?” He hummed, walking over then carefully picking me up. He was quite sweaty and it didn’t smell quite so nicely. But I didn’t blame it on him though, he was singing for quite some time.

“Fine, you’re voice was pretty.” I smiled, resting my head against his shoulder. He starting humming a little bit more and then began walking us out to the RV. All the while he sang softly to me, I liked that. It was a side of him I’ve never seen before. In all honesty it was a gorgeous sound that made my heart fill with love all over again. Once we made it inside the RV he locked the doors and double checked all the windows. There was no way anything was getting inside here now. “Matt?”

“Yes?” He set me down onto the couch and made sure I was in a position that I could feel little pain in.

“You smell.” I giggled. He just rolled his eyes and then nodded.

“I know, but you do to.” He joked. “The shower is small but it can fit two, and you can’t take one alone.”

My face heated up but he seemed not to notice, I was just brought back into his sticky arms and slunk into the small bathroom with me. I swear we were nose to nose in that room, and the shower was just as awkward. But considering I could barely hold my own weight I guess it was necessary, plus it was nice to feel clean. Though I was all the more happy to get out of the bathroom and feel embarrassed on the couch. Matt ended up forcing me into a sports bra and flannel pajama pants. He said something about cleaning the cuts and changing the gauze. Plus dried my hair off with a soft towel.

“I never thought you would be taking care of me like this.” I smirked a little, he did as well and then pressed his lips to my forehead.

“Well it is kind of my fault, besides it doesn’t bother me surprisingly.” He walked over to the fridge and left me looking around the brightly lit camper. The lights were the only thing allowing me to see, of course I just see a messy floor filled with clothing tossed around. He pulled a beer out of the fridge and opened it. “The show went well tonight, there were a lot of people there.”

“You could’ve went out and partied, I wouldn’t have cared.” I tucked a throw blanket around me, watching him with curious eyes. Yet he didn’t move, or say anything else. It was like he was watching me the same. Both of us trying to figure out the other. Despite what we have been through we still do not truly know each other. “You don’t have to feel trapped with me here.”

“Oh, no. That’s not it. I like being here with you. You have no idea what it was like being alone, even with the girls Syn stole for me I felt hallow. I was caught off guard when I began feeling so strongly about you, I’m still not use to it. But I like feeling close to you, its nice to know that I still have a heart. Yet, it still worries me. I’m scared I’ll hurt you again, or allow someone else to do this.” He gestured towards me, pointing at my chest. “I’m going to stay with you, Evy. I love you.” He took one last swig of the beer then sat next to me and leaned over to kiss my forehead. “I like staying here with you, because if I do I don’t feel the need to run back to you. It was hard enough knowing that you were locked up in that room alone during the concert. I’m still afraid something will happen and you will relapse.”

I leaned over and half hugged him. Not only has he told me he loves me, but also that he is still frightened. I’ve never seen him open up like this, at least I know what is going on in his head. “Don’t worry, I don’t feel bad anymore. I think that I’ll make if from here.” I felt his arm’s wrap around me as he tucked his head onto my shoulder, breathing in my scent for a moment.

“Good, I don’t think that I could live with myself if you died.” He sat up then and watched me for a moment until he reached his hand out for me. I entangled my fingers with his and felt his gently pull me up and help me limp over to our bunk. “Which is all the more reason for you to get the rest you need. It’s been a hard couple of nights, and neither of us have been able to sleep very well.”

He helped me into the bunk and covered me with more blankets then I was use to, I didn’t question it though. I welcomed the heat because I know for a fact how cold I get when I fall asleep. I prefer it when he holds me though the night, not only does it relieve the cold night air but it also comforts my fears. Matt crawled in next to me and then tucked me into his arms.

“Matt, when do we get home?” I whispered, running my fingers over the fabric of the pillow. It was soft, I wonder if coming so close to death has made me appreciate the little things that I hadn’t noticed before.

He tightened his arms and rested his head on the very pillow I was admiring. “A couple of weeks. There’s two or three more shows then we head home, but if you like I can leave you in the RV for the shows, give you a few body guards. Maybe then you can recover, you probably don’t like being moved all the time. It hurts doesn’t it?”

“Only if I am tossed around.” I closed my eyes and then imagined a meadow where I could think to run around in. “Can you do something for me?”

He ran his fingers over my back, which felt considerably nice. “Anything.”

“Stay here, at least until I fall asleep.” My face was tucked close to his shoulder and I felt his warmth, it was soothing.

“Of course, and I’ll be here when you awake as well.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I had it done I just kept forgetting to post it :)