Status: I love comments so much lol please enjoy

A Little Piece of Heaven

Great

The next day Matt left for some weird music thing with their manager, so I was left with Syn who seemed perfectly content with me in bed. Though I wasn’t going to let that happen, I was bound and determined to make it outside today. I broke the news to him when he finally turned off MTV and got up for more coffee.

“Can we sit outside?” I questioned with a soft smile, half hanging out of the bunk to look at him. He just rolled his eyes and sat back down on the couch, not saying a word. “Are you angry with me?” He seemed so, and if he was I’m not sure why.

He sighed then shook his head, sipping at his coffee. “It’s not your fault, honey.”

I sat up right and tilted my head to the side, rubbing my aching ribs a little. “What’s wrong?”

“I just feel like Matt is drifting away again, he does this a lot when we’re on tour. I thought getting you would help him, I thought he was just lonely. Maybe it’s the lack of privacy…” He trailed off, talking to himself for a moment. Despite the nights about his friend I haven’t really felt like he changed. Maybe he was different fro even before me, but I do believe that I would’ve noticed something.

I climbed out of the bunk and moved to the couch, curling into his side and letting his arm drape over me. “I just think he’s bored, he does the same thing every day no matter how hard I get that to change. Not to mention he’s been trying to get Tommy to tell him I’m sick again.”

Syn chuckled a little. “I think he likes feeling useful, he likes taking care of you. Now, about the outside thing…it’s cold outside.”

“We can have a bonfire.” I smirked, looking up to him with pleading eyes. “I don’t think you understand how boring it gets inside this camper. I haven’t been outside in so long, please.” I dragged out my please, kind of sounding like a little kid.

“Fine.”

~Flash-Forward~

We were still outside by the fire by the time I seen Matt walking along the dirt road to the camp site we were parked at. He looked tired and cold, but other then that he was holding his shoulder’s high again. That was a good sign that he wasn’t very depressed anymore and I should stop worrying about him.

He frowned when he noticed it was me underneath the quite with Syn and not someone else. Had he worried about me as well? “What are you two doing?” He scolded, placing his hands above the fire and smirking a little when he noticed his hat on my head as well. “It’s freaking freezing out here.”

When we had first came out here it was colder then we expected, Syn had wanted to go inside but I refused. He claimed it was because of my health so I told him to find me something warm, he came back with Matt’s sweatshirt and hat then the old comforter that was normally on the couch.

“We’re rebels.” I joked quietly, they both chuckled and Matt moved behind me to wrap his arm’s around my blanketed shoulders. Despite his ramblings of being cold he was pretty damn warm, it felt good enough to lean closer.

“She wanted to come outside, so we had to keep warm someway.” Syn explained, poking at the fire with the tongs. “Though she is looking a little blue, take her inside so I can go to the store and find us something to eat for lunch.”

We both watched him leave, noticing that he was walking slower then normal. Maybe it was because the harsh winds against the Alaskan terrain, or maybe it was just because he was tired. All I do know is that he seemed more depressed then I’ve ever seen Matt.

After he was out of sight Matt pressed his lips to the top of my head and began to gently rub his hands over my arms. I smiled up at him and found myself tightening the blanket once more, shivering a little out of my hour long habit.

“I got you something, I’ll give it to you inside.” He let go of me and waited for me to stand. After I did that I felt all of my body heat escape the blanket and my teeth began to chatter. Maybe I was crazy for wanting to do this, but it had been so long since I had been outside, I felt like the walls inside were suffocating me.

I was the first to get back into the RV where my skin began to fell on fire instead of numb, that was all because of the heater. I dare say that Syn had cranked it up as high as it would go, at this rate we’ll be able to sleep in our underwear-not that I would want to sleep in my underwear with all the guys around. Matt slammed the door behind me and began unlacing his new boots and just about cuddling with the register. My body flopped down onto the couch and I held the blanket up for him.

“Hurry, I can share.” I hummed quietly, he dove close and wrapped his big arms around me.

“Hm,” He purred for a moment, nuzzling his face into the hat once more. Then he moved one hand to reach down into his pants pocket and pull something out. “it was expensive so don’t loose it.”

He pulled up a velvet jewelry box with Jarreds printed on the cover, my jaw dropped. “Wow.” I gently took it from him and popped it open. Inside the box was a silver necklace with a silver eight hanging sideways with the chain weaved through the loops. “Matt its so pretty.”

He smiled then took it back, pulling it out to help me strap it on. “The eight it also a symbol for forever because the eight really never ends. I thought it was suiting.” I nodded then pressed my lips to his gently, well…that ended up leading to more things. Syn was unfortunate enough to walk into a make out session and a shirtless Matt. My cheeks blazed bright red and Matt fell onto the floor with surprise.

“NOT ON THE COUCH!!!!!” Syn squealed, throwing his hands up in the air. “Come on, we eat there sometimes.” I kind of laughed a bit at his reaction, it was quite amusing. Thankfully Matt laughed a little as well so I didn’t feel as guilty. “On second thought not in the camper.” He started cracking up a little to.

“I don’t feel bad.” Matt smiled, sitting up then scratching his head. “I’ve walked in on worse with you, at least we weren’t naked. Just be happy you stopped us then.”

“I am happy, I don’t think it’d be very good to have a pregnant girl with two holes in her chest already.” Syn chuckled, turning to the fridge and placing the bag he bought inside. Matt grabbed his shirt and put it back on before standing up and popping his neck. “So I was thinking we should go out tonight, I can’t find Zachy for the life of me but we could wake Johnny up and go to the bar.”

“Wait, Johnny’s here?” I giggled, blushing a little more. They both laughed a little and Matt looked down at me with wondering eyes. “Go out, you’re here every night.” I really wanted him to go out and have a good time with his friends, he has to be getting sick of hanging out with me all the time. I’ll be honest and say that I would love some alone time.

“Really?” He questioned.

“Of course, get drunk and party.” I smirked, secretly wishing I could do the same. The last time I had been to a bar was the night they took me, and I had been so hammered that I can’t remember half of it anyway. “Just do me a favor and bring me back a pina callota.”

Syn chuckled a little. “Haha remember when we first found her and she was dancing on the bar demanding one of those, didn’t you buy her one?”

I laughed. “I was dancing on the bar! Oh god.”

“Ya I bought her one, it was the only way I could get her down. I was afraid she was going to break her neck. How many did you have?” Matt looked down at me and flashed a huge smile.

“Like ten, plus like three long island ice teas.” I giggled, sitting up and stretching. “I had money and I didn’t have to work the next day, so I went hard. Hell, I even broke out the mini dress and heels.” Matt wiggled his eye brows and flashed me another evil smirk.

“Well I’ll have to get you drunk sometime and give you back that dress.” He turned his gaze back to Syn. “Lets go, it sounds fun.”

It only took them around twenty minutes to get completely ready, by then all three of them were incredibly hyper and the dancing had already started. I was granted a kiss from Matt and then car keys from Syn.

“Don’t give us these if we come back, I don’t want to scratch Tommy’s truck. If you need it it’s behind the RV.” Syn informed.

After that I was left alone to the TV and my mountain of blankets, just truly waiting for Zachy to come home. I knew he’d be home before they were, then maybe I can talk him into making us some of our own drinks. The TV sported only news channels so I ended up falling asleep quite quickly. Only hear the sound of the radar predicting a heavy snow storm for tonight, the boy’s walked so I hope they will be okay. My mind filled with dreams of my old apartment and for some reason Matt was there cooking burgers, maybe I was hungry. I was awoken by the loud sound of a ringing phone, I darted for it and caught it on the last ring.

“Hello?” I hummed, thinking maybe it was Gave from back home or the boy’s telling me that they were on their way home. My eyes focused in on the clock to find I had only been sleeping an hour.

“Hello Miss, this is the police department. We have a man by the name of Zach here, he was arrested for public intoxication and we need someone to pick him up. We would drive him home but with this storm coming we cannot.” I remembered I had been given the keys to the truck, so it is possible for me to get there.

“Okay, I’ll be there in five.” I hung up and began getting ready. Thankfully I had memorized the route to the police station when we came into this town, it should be a snap.

I dressed myself it the only things I could find scattered around the floor that would fit, a pair of someone’s gray sweats and a long sleeved bike week shirt. Then I did the only smart thing to do, I called Matt. He didn’t answer and I got his voice mail with asked for a voice mail politely.

“Hey, babe. Its me, Zachy got arrested and I’m going to pick him up. I should be home before you guys get back but if I’m not that’s where I am. Love ya.” I hummed, pressing end then stepping into my converses before leaving the RV and locking it behind me.

Tommy’s truck was huge and I had to do some adjusting before I could possibly drive it, but once I got it in the right position I could drive quite well considering I was in a little bit of pain from moving around so much and I hadn’t drove in what seemed like forever. By the time I got in front of the police station it was beginning to snow had and I had to squint to see. I had to move fast if we were going to make it home.

Inside the station I found only a couple of cops working. One was a chubby girl who looked around fifty years old, she was sipping on coffee, the other was a tall and skinny man with acne. The woman gave me an odd look but quickly pieced together that I was here for Zach. She told me to stay put and she’d get him.

“Is he still drunk?” I questioned the man, who just shook his head no and went back to what ever he was doing. I rolled my eyes and mentally cursed him out for doing that, but after I see Zachy I felt better. He looked tired and hung over but that was it. The dark bags underneath his eyes were a sure sign that he needed to get home and place some aspirin into his system. I didn’t wait to sign the release papers, I just walked out with him and they seemed to be fine with that. I couldn’t stay in there any longer if I was gong to get us home “How ya feelin?”

He smiled and reached for the keys. “Better, but the drunk tank sucks.” I allowed him to drive simply because the snow had become so worse that I couldn’t see anymore. I have never really seen snow this heavy when it was falling, to be honest it was like a sheet of white had begun falling over this town. I didn’t understand how this could come on this fast, but Zach just told me it was a storm then he began to drive quicker then I would’ve seen fit.

I’d like to say we made it back, but we didn’t. We made it close enough that I remembered what landmarks I could see from the window. Sadly the truck hit a pot hole and spun into the ditch, just about flipping honestly. I could only remember gripping onto my seat belt in hope that I didn’t die, but after that the air bags went off and the impact of that was what knocked me out cold.

The next thing I knew I was waking up slowly, looking through my hazy eyes and whimpering out in pain when I moved my chest. I’m not sure if it was my old wounds aching, or just bruising from the seat belt but I did know it hurt again. With a few more glances around I found us stuck in the ditch with snow piling up to just about my the runner of the truck, there‘s no way we are getting out of here. When I stretched my lips in a gasp I found one of them to be busted and blood to be running in a line down my chin. On the other side of my Zachy sat slightly slumped against the middle console and his arm randomly slung over, just barely touching my arm, sadly he was out cold still. My heart began to pound in my ears, loud enough to where it was getting hard for me to think things through. How can we got out? The first thing I did-that was somewhat good for us-was take out my cell phone and check for signal, thank god I had like three bars. I quickly dialed Matt and urgently waited for him to answer.

It rung about five times before coming to his voice mail once more, because I thought scaring him to death if he listened to a message about be being in a snow bank would kill him, I just hung up and tried once more. This time he answered, but it was broken up and no matter how many times I shouted hello at him he just kept saying hello back. It was pointless, so I did the only thing I could think of doing at the moment. I called Tommy.

I was prying the entire time I was listening to the phone ring, and with some stroke of luck he answered. “Evy!” He snapped angrily. “I get to the damn camper because Matt tells me to check on you, and not only are you gone but my f’in truck is missing as well. Where are you?”

I whimpered a little again, now knowing how much trouble we are going to be in where he finds us. At least Zach hasn’t suffered his wrath yet. A breath was sucked in and then told him the truth. “I had to take your truck to get Zach out of jail and he went into the ditch and he’s knocked and it’s starting to get really cold. I don’t think we’re hurt but there’s no way this truck is moving with out a tow.”

He gasped a little and didn‘t say a word for a moment. I wasn‘t sure if he was worried for Zach and I more or his truck, but he finally answered in a worried voice. “Turn on the lights quickly so everyone knows you’re there. The flashers, it’s the triangle looking button new to the turn signals.” I reached over Zach and did as told, waiting for him to give me another command. Yet again he paused for a moment and talked after a sharp gasp. “Wait, honk the horn I think I can see you.” I did as told again. “Okay, I’ll be there in a minute. Work on getting Zach up.” The phone hung up so I reached over and shook Zach. He twitched a little then his eyes shot open, sitting up quickly then looking over at me worriedly. I didn’t guilty him for giving me that look because I was the same way a few minutes ago, but now I was just plain excited inside.

He grabbed my face gently and tilted it to the light that was somehow on above it, it seemed like that was the only thing that made it though the wreck. “Oh god, Matt’s going to kill me.” He whined quietly, reaching into his pocket to pull out a McDonalds napkin, he gently dabbed away the blood from my chin the sighed. “Did you hurt your ribs?” I unbuckled, still astounded that it hurt to move, but when I realized that it was just where the seat belt was I began feeling a little better. Zachy reached over to pull up my shirt, checking what I hadn’t thought about before. There was a dark line of bruises that matched the strap on my seat belt to a T. He groaned and touched it gently with his cold fingers, I must admit that felt good.

“Nope, I’m good. It’s just from the seat belt.” I assured, cracking him a small smile and became happier when he let me shirt loose. “Tommy is coming to get us, he said he could see our lights from the camper.”

Zach seemed relieved a little and leaned against the back of the seat for a moment. “When Matt asks you why you picked me up, you might want to come up with a better answer then I wanted to. He’s going to kill the both of us when he finds out we put ourselves in danger.”

I began wondering a little further into that question. “Why does he worry about you so much. I realized he doesn’t fret about Johnny or Syn the same way, so why you?”

Zach looked over at me and then cracked a tiny smile of his own. “I know he kidnapped you, Evy. We all use to do it, I was always the more childish of us and it never really took long for me to fall for the girl. Normally I’d had them for a really long time and I was genially love them, not the way he loves you of course but it was still love I guess. The people who attacked you always got them though, and I was getting really tired of having my heart ripped out of my chest. He was and still is the only one of them who cared to pull me aside when it was all over and sit with me while I broke down. To be completely honest I cried like a baby and let him hug me, but he like my brother and I needed that comfort.” He looked over at me again, but then time he was watching where I was shot, I was beginning to worry where this story was going. “One day he brought me this really pretty girl, but she wasn’t a woman and she wasn’t meant to be a lover to me. I think he knew what I really needed, and that was someone to take care of on my own. He didn’t kidnap this girl, he found her on the streets. She was only seven and she didn’t even remember her own name, so I let her give herself one…she called herself Boo because she liked the little girl off from monsters inc. Well I took care of her for a almost three years, she was my best friend to tell you the truth. One day-on tour-they caught up to us, it was just her and I that day. We had been playing in the park and they grabbed both of us and locked us in the back of their van. I remember telling her it was going to be okay, but it wasn’t. When they got to a country road they pulled over and shot her once…in the head.” I looked closely and began seeing tears roll down his cheeks, how could these people do this to him? “Then they tossed her in the ditch and tied me up and did the same to me. Matt only found me because of the tracker Syn put on Bugs. I had been out there three days with her rotting corpse, by the time they found me I was hysterical. Sobbing, screaming, shaking. It took Matt another three days to get me to stop blubbering and calm me down. Even since then he has taken care of me and now that he has you he can see the pattern beginning again. They had murdered three girls before you, Evy. He let two of them go, back to their lives and they tracked them down and murdered them. The last girl, he didn’t even have her for a week before they found her. It was a miracle that you survived, you don’t even realize how upset he was about that and he still is. We’re not going to let him loose you, he’s done to much for us.”

We both jumped to a knock on the door and turned to see Tommy’s face pressed against the glass. I shrieked out in surprise because I was so gulped into the story that I forgot we were even in the damn truck. Zach got out then reached for me, helping me cross the whopping two steps to Tommy’s other car. I found that inside he had warm blankets rolled out, Zach placed me in the back with those and then sat in the front with Tommy.

“Matt got home right when I left to get you, he’s pissed.” Tommy warned, driving quickly probably in hopes that he wasn’t going to get fired.

When we pulled up to the camper Matt didn’t even wait for the car to stop before he was opening the back door of the car and yanking me out into his arms. His face tucked against my shoulder and he was silently cussing at me. Then he pushed me into arms length and gripped my shoulders.

“Never leave me a message like that again! You had me worried sick! Then you call and all I can hear is you freaking out!” He cried, yanking me back into a hug again. I realized he was shaking a little bit, I just hugged back and mumbled that I was really sorry. He pulled away then pointed at Zach who’s head was hanging in shame. “No more alcohol, ever! You are now sober Zach! This is like the tenth time you’ve been arrested! I fed up!”

“Okay.” Zachy whispered, walking inside the camper.

“Thanks Tommy, I’ll pay you extra tomorrow.” Tommy nodded then pulled away from the camper. After that Matt dragged me inside and locked the camper down tight, I found that yet again Johnny and Syn were still out partying. Matt picked me up from underneath my arm puts them sat me on the counter, instantly taking a warm wash cloth to my busted lip. “Zach, talk to me.” Matt called. “What happened?”

Zach whimpered a little and curled up on the couch. “I tired to find my way back to the camper and wondered into the police station then they called Evy and she came to pick me up. The lady said I was swearing really loudly to.”

Matt tilted my head to get a little blood that that dripped onto my chin. “At least it was nothing bad this time. I’m serious about the drinking, only with us and I mean it.” Matt smirked when he set the wash cloth down into the sink then handed me a styrofoam cup. “It’s a virgin pina callota because I didn’t want you dancing on the table.” He joked.

“I’m sorry I got her hurt Matt.” Zachy whispered.

Matt just shrugged and nodded. “It’s just a busted lip, Zach. No big deal.”

Zachy sighed again then looked up at me, catching me staring at him. His hair was ruffled and greasy, and his eyes held bags underneath them. “Show him the bruise, Evy.”

Matt looked back at me with wondering eyes, they were filled with worry once more. I found myself silently cussing Zachy out. My hand gripped the bottom of my shirt but Matt got the hint before I could start pulling it up. He grabbed my shirt and yanked it up, gasping a little when he seen my wrap around bruise. His cold fingers gently traced it then he turned me to check my back for damage as well. I felt him press his fingers to the middle of my back between my shoulder blades. After that he pulled me off from the counter and reached for my quilt off the couch.

“Get to bed, Evy. It’s late.” He kissed my forehead then pushed me into the direction of our bunk. I did as told, to afraid to annoy him. He has had a hard day to I guess, finding out we were in a mini car accident and worrying himself. I heard him start to whisper angrily at Zach as I curled under my many blankets and pillows.

After all the boys had come home that one time to find all of their bedding missing, they all just laughed at me then went shopping for more. I don’t know if it was because they felt the need to make me comfortable, or just because I was still badly hurt at the time. All I know is that I now have a bed with many different smelling calones and each pillow had a different one. My favorite pillow that I snatched was Matt’s, which he always stole back when he got home to sleep. Though while I was waiting for him I always hugged that pillow close with my face buried in it, pretending that it was him. It wasn’t hard considering it smelled exactly like him.

I buried myself into my cocoon of blankets and pillows then pulled his pillow close. Inside I felt safe a secure, but I also found hat when I relaxed my bruise started to ache and I could feel my heart pounded through it. Not only did it hurt more then an original bruise, but it also made one of the gun shot wounds ache as well. By the time Matt had entered the bed I was allowing silent tears of pain to escape. He pulled his pillow from me then tucked me close. I found my hand grabbing his and placing it underneath my shirt onto the place which hurt the most. It was right under my bra where the gauze pad for one wound sat, he got the hint then gently rubbed his thumb in a circular motion around it, not applying any pressure. He rubbed it until my tear ran out and soaked up into his shirt covered shoulder.

“Zach’s asleep, he had the bruises to. I’m sorry, I know they hurt.” He whispered, leaning overtop of me but not removing his hand. It still rubbed gently as he talked. His eyes locked into mine and granted me a loving stare until he finally spoke again. “I love you, Evy. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

He curled a little closer to me and kissed me gently. I just smiled and recited back, “I love you too.” That night we slept together for the first time, only to find ourselves waking up to the boys’ taunting and teasing. Though by the time breakfast was ready they had realized how much their teasing affected up-not at all.

At the table I was tucked softly under Matt’s arm, a blanket wrapped tightly around me. Not only was I cold, but I was trying to cover up hickies. He had one or two of his one, but not the amount I had. The camper was silent for a few moments, that was until we had all taken our first bite of donuts or drink of orange juice.

Zachy was the first to speak, his sentence something I didn’t expect him to say in front of everyone. “Matt, I haven’t seen you this happy in a long time. I’m glad you have Evy.”

Johnny nodded. “She hasn’t replace Rev, no one will, but she has filled in the hole quite a bit. She’s defiantly part of the family now.” My cheeks turned bright red, I hate being complimented in front of everyone I never know what to say back to the person.

Syn smiled and nudged his shoulder against mine. “You gonna take off that blanket yet, we’re curious.”

My blush grew more and my hands tightened on the blanket. “Nope, it’s not going anywhere.”

No sooner then that came out of my mouth did a big splat sound make Matt dive over me in protection and Syn angling closer as well. After we all thought it was safe to sit up again we found blood red liquid seeping down the outside of the window. Zach was the first out of the booth and onto the floor in fear, having to climb over Johnny to do it. Matt lowered me onto the floor as well, I found Zach and I hiding together by the cabinets. He hugged me sort of, probably trying to stop his own shakes of fear. Out the window we seen a person dressed in black scampering not away from the camper but around it. The door was yanked at and scary laughs.

Matt reacted out of spite with that, grabbing a pistol from our bunk dresser and cocking it. I flinched at the sight of a gun, remembering that guy pointing one at me then shooting me. I could’ve died that day, and I really hate guns now. Syn surprised me when he grabbed one as well, Johnny just sat down by us acting protectively. Another cocking of a gun sounded, but this time it wasn’t from inside the RV, I felt my body freeze.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS PLEASE :)