Status: I love comments so much lol please enjoy

A Little Piece of Heaven

Side Pain

The next time I awoke I found myself laying in an actual bed, in a real bedroom. I was stunned at first, almost ready to run as fast as I could but then I remembered that there was no more RV. I relaxed slowly, moving my hand up to scratch at me scalp.

The room was dark but there was enough light seeping from under the closed door that I could somewhat see around. I was resting in a twin bed that sat against a hot light tan wall, it was one of two tan walls with two hot pinks ones to accent it. Although the room was new I was astonished to find it fully furnished. The bed was packed full of at least three blankets that were tucked tightly around me and it was also heaping with random stuffed animals. That was actually quite comforting to me for some reason, I think it was because without Matt at my side I felt a little frightened but the stuffed animals made it seem a little less lonely. I glanced around once more, finding posters on the wall that were slightly peeling off. Paramore, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Mad Hatter, and Fender. Although the tan closet door was shut I noticed Matt’s sweatshirt hanging off a hook that was bolted on the door. Then there was a dresser with empty picture frames and an old computer desk with discarded make up and hair supplies. Although the blue carpeting clashed with the walls for some reason I felt like I was home, sadly it’s probably just because I’m not in a camper but an actual house.

Groaning quietly I sat up and found myself doubling over in pain and whimpering quietly. A twinge of pain raked through my rib cage and left me shuddering. It was the bullet wound, and although they warned me that it was ache sometimes until it was completely heals I found myself silently freaking out and feeling myself for blood anywhere. Luckily I didn’t feel any, but the movement made the blankets fall off me and introduce me to the chilling are of the room. I lowered back down onto the bed slowly, to frightened to hurt myself again. The pain seemed to subside after a few seconds, almost like it wasn’t there at all. I got enough balls to try again-though I don’t know from where- and found myself moving slower. Although there was still minor pain it was bearable enough to stumble over to the closet and grab his sweatshirt before my body heat could completely disappear.

Another little pain wave rattled through me and I doubled over once more, whimpering and cussing at myself. Why hasn’t it hurt like this before? What the hell is wrong with me this time? Can’t I ever get a freaking break? I gripped the handle of the closet and waited to make any movement until I knew that I could stand to move at all.

Before I could move the door on the bedroom creaked open slowly and revealed a half asleep Syn who was rubbing his eyes out of annoyance. I noticed his black hair was completely lop sided and that was a dead give away that I have probably just woke him up, whoops I must’ve been louder then I thought. He flicked on the light and we both winced and covered our eyes for a few minutes. He then looked over at me and paused before talking.

“Evy? What are you doing?” He whispered before walking over to me and gripping my elbow to tug me back over to the bed before forcing me to sit down. To be honest I didn’t really know what I was doing so I just covered up with the best answer.

“I was cold.” I hummed quietly. “I just wanted the sweatshirt.” That was mostly the truth, I mean I was cold and I did have the sweatshirt to prove my point. Although it was still dangling in my hand and not on my body.

He cracked a smirk at me then took the sweatshirt from me, pulling it over my head. “I meant the crying in here, your not in trouble.” Did I look scared for some reason? I wasn’t, I just felt like that kid that was caught red handed with their hand in the cookie jar. Though I’m not sure why I felt that way because I’m not really doing anything wrong, I mean it’s not like I was trying to run away. These people are my family now, I wouldn’t have anywhere to go if I tried.

“Oh.” I whispered. “My side hurts.”

He frowned a little, sighing as well. Though he really didn’t do much of anything, or ask many questions. A few mutters came out of his lips then he handed me his cell phone and kissed his forehead.

“I’m sure its nothing, but Matt is out shopping so text him if you need pain killers or something cause there isn’t anything here like that. We just got the major stuff, but this room didn’t even looked touched. I’ll kick start the heater, but try to get some sleep.” Then he left, just like that. Though he did leave me his phone and clicked off the lights again. I knew he told me to sleep but he also said I could text Matt so I figured that would make better use of my time for now. It was the best thing I could do with my time, I could sleep when he got here and held me. That would make me happy.

I found that once I figured out how to text on Syn’s phone that I was actually still pretty fast at it. That made me proud of myself considering that I haven’t really texted anyone in the past…..three or four months. My fingers speed typed that it was me. To my surprise I didn’t even have time to lay back down before he texted back.

Matt: What’s wrong babe?

God, how did he know that something was wrong? It was like he could read my mind or something, or what….I guess boyfriend instinct?

Me: My side hurts, and Syn said you were at the store…..pain pills plz?

I actually got laid down before he texted me back and it was nice considering it was cold in the room and I was desperately waiting to get underneath those blankets. It made sense to me now why whoever put me to bed tucked me into it so tightly. I had to glair at the screen for a few moments until the light stopped stinging my eyes again.

Matt: Ya babe I’ll get you some. Anything else?

I snorted back a little bit of laughter and started naming things off in my head. Although I knew if I put any of those down he’d probably show up with it, so best not to put down a new car or possibly my own cell phone to text him with. But I just sent him nope and cuddled back into the blankets, actually finding that drifting back to sleep wasn’t that hard without him tonight. Though in the back of my mind I was still wondering about the pain in my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its shorter and i'm sorry for that one lol so comments a recs please. I won't be able to update for at least 9 days because i'm camping, though if i get enough comments i may be tempted to write on my camping trip hint hint lol have a great day guys.