Got Pride

Secrets don't make friends Or girlfriends

Eva

“Frankie, I don’t want to go shopping. Nothing will fit, I’ll look fat in everything and I’ll just end up crying. Please don’t make me go” I whined into the phone hoping to get out of having to shopping.

She sighed softly, almost like a sigh of impatience “Just come over, we can talk about it here.”

I did my best pouty face, even though I know she couldn’t see it. “NO...” I said, sounding like a three year old. “Please don’t make me” I softly whispered. I knew what would happen. She would take me somewhere expensive that I couldn’t afford, buy me some dress I hate and then realize I’m a fat ugly slob who isn’t worth her time.

“I have a surprise Eva, just come over.”She said pounding my last hope of getting out of it.
I walked to my car, wondering how I got such a great girlfriend. She doesn’t know how unworthy I am of her. If she did know, she would dump my ass for sure.

I didn’t pay the least bit of attention to where I was going, not caring that I almost hit a stop sign. How ironic would it to be to hit the object trying to tell you to not get hit.

I drove up in the drive way, hoping to God her surprise wasn’t some kind of makeover or something like that. I know I’ll never be good enough for her; makeovers just seem like she is trying to make me good enough but can’t.

The second I opened the door, I was attacked by Frankie. She dragged me to the couch, pushing me across the armrest.

“Close your eyes, Eva.” She ordered. She crossed her arms across her chest, giving me the evil eye.

I did as she asked, hoping to be what she wanted. God, I’m always so stupid. She’s probably still mad at me for drinking. I bet this surprise is that she dumps me.

“Eva, you can open your eyes now.” I did, slowly, praying she wasn’t going to drop kick me.
She had a black and hot pink dress draped across her arms. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. She ushered me over to her room and said “Change”

I couldn’t believe this. It was perfect. As I draped it over myself I noticed that it made me look perfect. And for once I really felt good enough to be Frankie’s prom date.

I walked out of her room confident that I was what she wanted. When I reached her, I did a catwalk spin and gave her a huge hug. “You shouldn’t of” I whispered; even though I was so glad she cared.

“I know you hate shopping and that no dress could really capture you, so I asked Mrs. Dean to make me a dress for you. I even designed it by myself. I’m so glad I got your measurements right.” She went through all this trouble, for me?

“That’s what you were doing after school that day.” I said, finally understanding.

“Yup, so do you like it?” She asked, biting her lip, probably hoping I didn’t hate it.

“I love it.” I said as I softly nuzzled her neck.

“When was the last time that I told you that I love you?” I asked kissing the tip of her nose.

“I don’t know.” She replied, actually trying to remember when. She scrunched up her nose, getting that cute little indentation on her forehead.

“Well, I love you.” I said trying to get across how much I truly love her

“I love you, too” Sometimes I wonder why she does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Music.DrownLife for the title. You mentioned it in a comment and I thought it was so cute I had to use it.

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in forever. I've just had a lot to do and my mental stablility wasn't the best so I really didn't feel like living forget writing. BuT i'm better now so I hope you enjoy! I do love comments!